• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New minor ROB mindgame (Dair fake)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I've been following the ROB boards pretty closely and haven't seen anything about this. It's just a little mindgame you can throw in, not sure how practical it'll be a real match.

If you shorthop and do a dair at the earliest possible moment, his hop doesn't go up the full shorthop distance, and he'll land back on the ground after doing about half the dair animation, with no lag. If you wait slightly longer, he'll do the same thing, but it'll make the dair explosion sound too.

If you wait long enough so that ROB's high enough to get out the full dair, he pops up from it and doesn't get the instant recovery.

I figure that a dair fake right next to someone might make them shield, especially if it makes the explosion sound, and then you get a free grab.

ComradeSAL

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, I'll try this out.

Another neat air trick I've found is that your bair can actually be used as a fair. The move not only propels you forward, but has a fairly disjointed hitbox so that anything touching R.O.B's base gets hit. Not sure how useful it will be given that ROB has such an awesome fair, but it might be useful given stale moves and the fact that the bair can kill pretty well at high percentages.

Top Bottom