• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

PaNiC!

Smash Apprentice
Q.Q Darn! Uhm, Funny you should ask.. Tonight is totally possible. Headed up towards Angel fire tomorrow so Staying in albuquerque just makes sense. Any of you ABQ smashers free tonight ??

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Just got back into smash and i'm learning how to play again. I'm being play a lot brawl and just download Project M and trying out and have been enjoying it. i am about too get a copy of melee in a couple days. I live in Albuquerque. If anyone is down too train and help me learn the game just let me now. I'm always open too learning any of the games.
Hey dude! Welcome to the smash scene here. We mostly play Melee and some Project M, I don't know much about the Brawl scene, I think Napos is the only one who still plays (that isn't moving away). I have personally been extremely busy lately, but we have events every so often and you'd be more than welcome to come to stuff. If you PM me your phone number I will give it to Neil, he's the one who organizes these kinds of things.

Bigtreydawg

Smash Cadet
Hey people of New Mexico, how's the local melee scene here? I'm traveling with Circus and would like to stay in practice before I head back to California. Where's the usual place?

Napos

Smash Ace
i won't be living in NM anymore; i start my drive across the country on the early morning of the 22nd, will be in Missouri that night

when are you gonna be around ABQ?
where are you moving tekkie?

tw1n

Smash Champion
This thread is relatively dead but nonetheless... Kyle, Light and I are hosting a melee (and maybe P:M) at Gamers Anonymous on the west side on October 26th. We'd love for you guys to make it out :D

Seetoe

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, trying to start a small scene with my buds down in Alamogordo. I spent the last year in WA playing with Vidjogamer, Silentwolf and a bunch of other great players....tryin to spread the love. We got P:M and soon gonna have Melee. My buds are new I've been playin for a while.

There's def nobody else who plays in southern NM from what I can see. There's some people in El Paso other than that, haven't been able to meet up with people yet. Send me a message on here, hit me up for some smash!

Seetoe

Smash Rookie
Yo, just played a great session with Fishamin on some P:M and we headin to a fest in El Paso this Saturday.

NM scene ain't dead if I can help it

tw1n

Smash Champion
Next tourney is Dec. 14th. And I wish I came on here before last weekend so I could have streamed that tourney for a least a bit :/

Edit. We may be attending an AZ tourney on the 16th. If anyone is interested in joining us then send me a message.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey all, Tsuteto here from the Utah SLC area. Our regional FGC Salt Fest is coming up! Here's some key information for y'all about Salt Fest currently:​
*It'll be running on May 17th and 18th (That's a Saturday / Sunday)​
*Pre-registration will start December 1st at $20. Essentially each month from there it will only go up, so get your tickets then (site will be updated that day to purchase tickets).​
*It will probably be at the same exact location as last time.​
It's still in early planning, so we are working out other aspects, such as whether smash will be over just one day or two, pot bonuses, smash entry fee, etc. More than happy to get information released as soon as that's set, but I'm going to just avoid speculation for now.​
I'll be over seeing the Smash Bros competition for it this year, and wanted to get some opinions and what you'd like to see done for it competition wise. Essentially, I'd love to hear who's interested in:​
*Melee Singles​
*Melee Doubles​
*Brawl Singles​
*Brawl Doubles​
*Project: M Singles​
*Project: M Doubles​
Let me know! I'll be checking back and stuff :)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Seetoe. Pending time and more importantly money, we may try to some day :)
Also everyone, the next Melee/P:M tourney is on December 14th at Gamers Anonymous on the West Side. Sign ups start at 1. Teams will go first this time around.

Napos

Smash Ace
Men, ive joined the Navy.

Ill be in Chicago until feb, then CT after
For the people that played with me, thank you!
Fair winds and calm sails..

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Hey all, Tsuteto from Utah here!
Salt Fest registration is open! So go register and take advantage of the early bird special (or the SUPER early bird special that's only for the first 20 people, of which half is gone)! There will be Melee, Brawl, and Project M over the weekend, both singles and teams.
If you are doing TEAMS, then please keep in mind only ONE person needs to sign up for you and your teammate. I will gather teammate info at the tournament or just prior to the whole event.
Plenty of time to start practicing! I'm sure you've got a number of local tourneys between now and then, and we have things like APEX before hand to study your characters on (or your competition)! Let's get HYPE!
www.saltfest.org

I know time and money can be a pain, but I'm hoping this 4 months advanced noticed can help plan out some of that :p

tekkie

Smash Master
literally everything that has the words "las cruces" in the title in any way is absolute **** and completely embarrassing to everyone involved

edit: i'm not wasting this post. VICTOR IF YOU SEE THIS KICK ASS AT WHATEVER YOU DO YOU WERE AWESOME AND KEEP IN TOUCH WITH THE NMICANS

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
I'm not as involved with the LC scene as I could be, but that's because I'm going to school and have a job. There are biweekly meetings at the university, but no regular tournaments really. Cruces Con is the only up coming tournament I know about, and I'm going to enter. I don't know if you know RPG (his real name is Mario), but he's ranked #1 in LC. Unfortunately I think he's starting to step off the scene. I took a Project M tournament he held where I played him twice (he came back from losers) and also beat the #2 (RNG) and he seems very excited that I joined the scene. S/O to him, I wouldn't know that there was a scene if I hadn't of randomly met him and he's inspired me quite a bit. He wants me to play tw1n, and I've heard a good amount about tw1n so I'm excited to play him if we get a chance. I personally think I'll get bodied, but I think it'll be fun so it's k. So the scene in LC isn't dead, but it's not that active either. I wish it was more active.

When I say ranked, I mean Project M rankings. RPG is also #1 for Melee and RNG is #1 for Brawl.

tekkie

Smash Master
first of all, cruces is incredibly free. if you want to prove otherwise you'll have to make the trip to abq. almost no one's ever done it because, as i said, cruces is free.

second, http://smashboards.com/threads/new-...ts-miss-the-rain.76313/page-632#post-15336507

everything to come out of las cruces' only "tournament organizer" has been an absolute failure. lying, screwing people out of money, boasting about things that never happened, not running advertised events, the works.

at this point, no one cares what's going on in LC anymore. that reputation is tarnished until a real TO starts running tournaments.

abq has monthlies. if you want to play in a real competitive scene you'll have to make the drive.

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
Well, I won't argue with you, but I don't see any need for you to be so nasty about it. I'm just a guy that's new to the community, likes to play the game, and happens to live in a place where there isn't much of a scene. You're not helping people get involved by being audacious like this. You may have problems with Cruces, and I'm sorry about that, but I have nothing to do with your issues with Cruces. You'll probably find that I'm the polar opposite of anyone you've met from Cruces (at least, I found myself much different from everyone I've met in this scene, concerning physical traits and character). I can't stop you from discriminating against the Cruces scene, and there may be plenty of reasons to why you do so, but I'd personally like to put that all behind us and stand on good grounds. I didn't come here to boast or make people angry, I came here to make friends, play, and get better at a game I've loved for a little over a decade. If I have even inconvenienced you in any way, just let me know and I'll apologize, but please don't automatically attribute to me that "tarnished reputation." I don't mind if you don't like Cruces, but I feel like we got off on the wrong foot and I'd like to try to fix that. And I would go to those monthlies, but I can't them :(

tekkie

Smash Master
i dont even live in nm anymore lol

but there's plenty of history to the issues with LC and you need to know that that's who your dealing with. it isn't an issue with *you*, but if you're asking abq people to drive down to LC i doubt that'll ever happen again

assuming there is a tournament, and people enter, and the winners get money, go wreck everyoneand make bank

and get to abq eventually, everyone there is cool :secretkpop:

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
Well, I won't argue with you, but I don't see any need for you to be so nasty about it. I'm just a guy that's new to the community, likes to play the game, and happens to live in a place where there isn't much of a scene. You're not helping people get involved by being audacious like this. You may have problems with Cruces, and I'm sorry about that, but I have nothing to do with your issues with Cruces. You'll probably find that I'm the polar opposite of anyone you've met from Cruces (at least, I found myself much different from everyone I've met in this scene, concerning physical traits and character). I can't stop you from discriminating against the Cruces scene, and there may be plenty of reasons to why you do so, but I'd personally like to put that all behind us and stand on good grounds. I didn't come here to boast or make people angry, I came here to make friends, play, and get better at a game I've loved for a little over a decade. If I have even inconvenienced you in any way, just let me know and I'll apologize, but please don't automatically attribute to me that "tarnished reputation." I don't mind if you don't like Cruces, but I feel like we got off on the wrong foot and I'd like to try to fix that. And I would go to those monthlies, but I can't them :(

Don't take it personally. I wish relations were better off, but there's not much LC can do about it now. If you're interested in playing melee, El Paso has a solid scene. I've been playing with them for the past 2 months and they get a crowd of 10-15 every week. There was a tourney this past weekend that brought in 28 entrants.

Sir Skaro

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry Cruces has that reputation. Well, now I know.

I'm more into Project M than Melee. Mostly because my Melee disc isn't reliable. Does El Paso have a PM scene?

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I have the original demo on my wii, but haven't played it in a while. There is talks about a PM tournament since 3.0 came out. Most people who play Melee don't mind giving PM a try :)

Seetoe

Smash Rookie
Hey Skaro, I'm in Alamogordo but I've been playing with the EP guys for a while. They play everything (melee, brawl, and PM, even heard about possible 64) and they're a solid group of good guys. They have smashfests just about every saturday.

If you ever want to play PM or Melee I have both over here, and there's a very tiny scene here in Alamo, no tournies just little get togethers.

Also, I've heard about the reputation LC Smash has and I skipped it and went straight to EP.

Top Bottom