• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
So I'm making a combo of really good Melee players who are still in high school and was wondering if you guys could tell me if you had any of those.

Or if you know about some others that are in another state or region then those too.

People who are already in: Hax$, Mango, Jman, connor, colbol, pewpewu, Sfat, hungrybox, Armada, Linguini, Calle W, Twitch, Llod, Unknown522, Raynex, Lucky, Lite, Tai, Strongbad, L, Brawlpro
Yeah. I've known about your combo vid for a while, but I didn't know I would be qualified in terms of melee skillz :p
Good timing though, I just - I MEAN JUUUST - turned 16, and I'm a senior in high school, meaning that I skipped grades.

EDIT: LOLOLOL
I need to record this **** anyway, I found out that I could send this multimedia to supplement a college admissions decision...and they would take it seriously too. Those certain colleges have smashing clubs which could essentially explain this multimedia to the officers and drop good lines in my folder.

Arms

Smash Rookie
Fest at my house today guys. I have two TVs and one wii.

Call me at 505-801-0259 if you need directions.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Mmmm, Patrick, I don't think I can make it after all. I have to pick my dad up from the airport and clean up the house. Sorry.

Also, someone left a Wiimote here.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Welcome back Patrick.

I should be free around 3:30. I'll call you around then, and if there are enough melee***s there, I'll show up and record. I'll probably submit 16 combos for 16 years.

Also, I need give Overgames his controller back. I know he loves it dearly :laugh:

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Man, I didn't notice the detail they put into Melee...

Like, go into the name creation screen, and keep selecting random. You'll get some names like "WART" (from Mario 2), "IMPA", "TLOZ", "BOO", "SNES", "TOAD"...

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
When I first got into competitive smash, I randomly generated a tag and got GLUV. And now here I am.

Patrick and Patrickfest attendees - Awesome fest.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I liked the part where I was in Patrick's apartment. [/stupid youtube comment meme] Makes me proud to have spent an important day of my life there.

Steven, this is probably the match you are alluding to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98oRIGlZ90Y

Watching Isai after all these years makes me realize how Isai can develop such a strange dichotomy of transcendence and inferiority in the viewer.

It hurts to know over half a decade ago, Isai was better than us, and always will be better than us. He'll be cooler than us, sexier than us, make more money than us, have more women than us, have more men than us, have more fun than us, enjoy more success than us, and probably lead a happier life than us.

But here's the thing - upon watching Isai, you feel great. When Isai grabs his pitiful opponent, you hold your breath and get that rush of blood to the head , and you HAVE TO ADMIT that pulsing adrenaline WILL ALWAYS be more intense than SilentSpectre grabbing. When SilentSpectre grabs, you only hold your breath.

Immortalized
Sandbagging
And
Intangible
Ability
Harmonized

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I liked the part where I was in Patrick's apartment. [/stupid youtube comment meme] Makes me proud to have spent an important day of my life there.

Steven, this is probably the match you are alluding to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98oRIGlZ90Y

Watching Isai after all these years makes me realize how Isai can develop such a strange dichotomy of transcendence and inferiority in the viewer.

It hurts to know over half a decade ago, Isai was better than us, and always will be better than us. He'll be cooler than us, sexier than us, make more money than us, have more women than us, have more men than us, have more fun than us, enjoy more success than us, and probably lead a happier life than us.

But here's the thing - upon watching Isai, you feel great. When Isai grabs his pitiful opponent, you hold your breath and get that rush of blood to the head , and you HAVE TO ADMIT that pulsing adrenaline WILL ALWAYS be more intense than SilentSpectre grabbing. When SilentSpectre grabs, you only hold your breath.

Immortalized
Sandbagging
And
Intangible
Ability
Harmonized
Actually, that was the match that made me want to find the match I'm talking about. It's a similar situation, but he taunts right when he respawns.

And lmao at the rest of your post.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Thanks for hosting the fest Patricia
GG's to all especially my teammates Steven and Zack =D

Nolanfest 2morrow?
I'll be there

And Derek I remember watching those Wak vids so long ago lol. Studying them and trying to get down everything that is now second nature to me haha. If you want a real trip youtube Waks homerun contest vids

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjGlzplkKjk

Found it (HR contest).

Link and Jiggs are the best. But somewhere inside Neil died when he saw a Falcon doing this in 05 :p

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
Matt can you take Nolan's soda down to him?
Yeah i can bring it down there... when can I pick up the soda from your house?

So I guess people want to smash today. Come over whenever.
whenever like right now...???

I'll accept the 40 on Twisters behalf. Of which I'm sure he'd like to thank the academy and Twin_A for all the help along the way. :p
Kyle I couldn't have made it this far without you...
But I can handle accepting it myself =D

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Nolan, whenever I see your avatar, I think I'm looking at an elephant.

Patrick, sorry I missed your fest, it sounds like it was awesome.

Kyle, **** yeah, even Melee's single player modes were better competitively than Brawl.

Neil, Melee***s unite! Isai is too good.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace

****it Pikachu, one more stunt like that and you're off the beat!

I've been on the beat since the day I was born, Chief. Ain't no red stamp gonna change that.

Thousands in property damage, the mayor up my ***... what part of "by the book" don't you understand!? You've really done it this time, Pikachu.

What I've done is save your ***! That drug ring would've had themselves a Thanksgiving Metaknight with lead stuffing if I hadn't pulled the pin when I did.

Christ, thanks for reminding me. On Thanksgiving of all days. I'm supposed to be home with Martha, enjoying a glazed ham, counting my blessings, all that jazz. But instead I've got Mad ****ing Max for a lieutenant!

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
At one of my smashfests a while ago Casey yelled out across the room "Neil, you don't even know the meaning of nostalgia." Reluctantly, I admit defeat. I give. I have no ****ing clue what nostalgia means.

I read the youtube comments on http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73n7HTcmb5g. I have no ****ing clue what those people are feeling as they listen on.

It's easily my favorite brawl song. And...I haven't even played the ****ing game. You know what that means, Sergeant.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Nastalgia means someting thats reminds you of the past. Generally in a good sense. Like picking up a SNES controller and blowing in the cartridge is nastalgic. There you go Neil. Now you get it =]

That post was long steven... But the last 2 picks had me laughing. And the Mad effin max hahaha

Ok so question from someone who doesnt care about brawl very much. But what the heck is Fapping???

Top Bottom