• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

R

Redfox6400

so sick..... so very very sick..... i won't be playing with you guys for a while lol...... ehhh.... *cough cough*

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
For anyone who wants to experience a wave of Melee nostalgia, and/or is just interested, I found a bunch of brackets from the old Ninja Monkey monthlies I used to host.

August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007

I just wish I had December 07, which featured the epic conclusion of the GoldenGlove vs. Twin_A saga. You'll notice he beat me in October and November. Don't think I let it stay that way...

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I close my eyes
only for a moment and the moment's gone
All my dreams
pass before my eyes with curiosity
Dust in the wind
All they are is dust in the wind

Same old song
Just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do
crumbles to the ground though we refuse to see
Dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind

Oh Oh Ohh

Now
Don't hang on
Nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky
It slips away
and all your money won't another minute buy
Dust in the wind
Dust in the wind
Everything is dust in the wind
Everything is dust in the wind

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol the first bracket was when I had to go and forfeited almost every match I think. Dont quite remember actually. I don't really remember ever playing doug or more of those players... But hahaha funny stuff.

Lol I was looking for the AZ pick of Casey and JT on photobucket to post the exact same thing(well aside from the "bed" part lulz)! Kyle I dont know what your photobucket account name or pw is!

HI NM! I MISS YOU!

Arms

Smash Rookie
XD
Zman got pwned

Sooo... When are we going to see Saw VI and who all wants to go?
Opens this friday
Go Saturday night so I can come :D

Edit

Golden, Those make me laugh so hard. The guy from farmington always came back telling us he did so good. But looking at those he came in dead last every single time....

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Lol the first bracket was when I had to go and forfeited almost every match I think. Dont quite remember actually. I don't really remember ever playing doug or more of those players... But hahaha funny stuff.

Lol I was looking for the AZ pick of Casey and JT on photobucket to post the exact same thing(well aside from the "bed" part lulz)! Kyle I dont know what your photobucket account name or pw is!

HI NM! I MISS YOU!
Same thing as on here bro. Just text me next time >.>

in light of the fact that the world series is coming up (even though I don't follow baseball), I thought I would post this. The greatest pitch ever thrown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdYBEJzy-F0&feature=related

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Dang, those brackets are old school. I wish we still did double elim tourneys like that, they were so good. That September 2007 bracket was the first time I ever played with you guys.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Dang, those brackets are old school. I wish we still did double elim tourneys like that, they were so good. That September 2007 bracket was the first time I ever played with you guys.
yup, I noticed that one too. Takes me back :)

We should really try to do another melee double elim tourney sometime soon. Who knows maybe we can even get a decent attendence.

Or perhaps we can get up and get this smash club going we can get more potential players
ie lure scrubs[/spoilers] and get a good tourney going

Haha, dude...the September and the November bracket is confusing me...the winner's bracket says Erich vs. Alphabravo about 4 times on both of them. And then after Alphabravo is pronounced winner, my name just completely disappears. I'm not even in the losers side anywhere. Haha. I never noticed that until now. But man...that makes me miss Melee and the old tournaments a lot.

EDIT: Hmmm...I think I've figured it out. At least part of it. I was in the winner's bracket the whole time. But I still would have played Paul one too many times...I are confuzzled.

Dang Zach, that sucks. :( Or maybe I should be doing this... :p :p :p :p :laugh: :laugh:

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
You met Paul in winners finals and won. Then in grand finals, Paul won two sets, as is required by the person coming from losers bracket. Ergo, you played him 3 sets total.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet

Too bad I wasn't here to kick your ***** back in 07, eh? Those brackets would look a lot different. :3

Best of luck to you guys at No Koast, show them we're not TOO bad at this game ;D

Corner State Alliance FTW

EDIT: One day I'm going to run a series of tournaments, one in each corner state called the CSA Circuit or something lol (Just a dream thought)

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
For anyone who wants to experience a wave of Melee nostalgia, and/or is just interested, I found a bunch of brackets from the old Ninja Monkey monthlies I used to host.

August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
Fast forward to 09...grand finals....sliraobe and Alpha....lolz....

:( and now I'm sad because I just realized we really don't have any more tournaments for melee.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You lack melee tournies anymore because Captain Falcon "died" when he punched that reactor. However, like a phoenix he was reborn, albeit without memory of who he was, and without his true powers. He was adopted by a kind man who taught him ninja arts. Slowly, however, the Captain is remembering his past, and fusing his abilities with that of a ninja. And one day, Bang Shishigami will awaken to his true name...and true destiny.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Fast forward to 09...grand finals....sliraobe and Alpha....lolz....

:( and now I'm sad because I just realized we really don't have any more tournaments for melee.
Lets have melee/Bb tourney when I get back for winter break.

:D :D :D

I vote for a real Melee tournament again as well. :) It's been waaaaaay too long. Besides, it's so much easier to actually go all out in a tournament. In free play and at smashfests I rarely, if ever, give it all. What's the point? Lol.

That makes sense Steven. Alright, I wasn't quite sure how that was working out. That's what I was beginning to think, but thanks for clarification. :)

Also, Timotee...that was hilarious. Truly, an epic story. Can't wait for the day that Falcon realizes his true self again. ;)

Top Bottom