• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Iria

Smash Rookie
Hey I have a couple quick brawl game mechanics questions (and I dont feel like sifting through the universe that is smashboards to find a simple answer):

1) With regards to stale moves negation: how do multi hit attacks work? like does Meta Knight's neutral A (on the ground where he attacks all sides in a frenzy) count as 1 hit? or only the 1st hit that connects? or only the 1st hit that connects per person attacked? or all the hits? (also can ask this with his Mach Tornado)

2) Also with stale moves: do thrown items (like ROB Gyro) count as a separate attack? And can they get stale?

3) With regards to modding Gamecube controllers (to remove the L/R springs), where can I buy a tri-wing screwdriver? I've never seen it in any store.

Thanks for the help

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
iria- in a multihit move, each individual move counts as its own attack. as for the screwdrive, i used a glasses repair kit on my controller and that worked. you might need a little strength to move the screws though. some of of them don't budge at all D: tekkie got a triwing for less than a dollar somewhere, i don't know where.

steven- i think ill lay off trolling bb for a bit (but the the dial-a-combo jokes will never end). but trying to completely changes my views on tvc is a futile effort. if you can't accept that then you need to exit this world right away, cause that's something you'll have to live with.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
steven- i think ill lay off trolling bb for a bit (but the the dial-a-combo jokes will never end). but trying to completely changes my views on tvc is a futile effort. if you can't accept that then you need to exit this world right away, cause that's something you'll have to live with.
U :mad:?

Lol, I know you'll always love TvC for no reason, but hopefully I can make it so that you never ever want to play me :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
lol if he couldn't even handle a random v13 then he deserved to lose. If he was so much better than the v13 user than he wouldn't have lost to the same drive chain over and over.
^This. Unless he was tager. Then he will have a ton of trouble getting in. But if he gets in that is like half of v-13s life right there.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Oh it was Jin? He just looks like he is harder to play. :p He is pretty flashy.

tw1n

Smash Champion
fixed for so many reasons, none of them being that mango is the best falcon in the world (because he is but come on)
Lol well maybe some random best of 3 rock paper scissors is in order to determine who's captain falcon will fill in that fourth spot Scar. Or drawing straws so only 4 will go in... LETS DO IT!

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Awesome! Well even if only two people can show up, there will still be a fest going on that night.

PM me if you want to come and need directions to my place. (I'll direct you as best as I can.)

Also, I will have a bigger vehicle for that night also so if anyone needs a ride I could make that happen.
I'll show up, I just need a ride.

iria- in a multihit move, each individual move counts as its own attack. as for the screwdrive, i used a glasses repair kit on my controller and that worked. you might need a little strength to move the screws though. some of of them don't budge at all D: tekkie got a triwing for less than a dollar somewhere, i don't know where.
Tekkie got it on Ebay lol.

Oh, Iria, multi hit specials don't count every hit, only normals (like MKs Jab or Forward tilt, but not Nado)

Oh it was Jin? He just looks like he is harder to play. :p He is pretty flashy.
He is actually pretty simple. Hit with Ice, then combo. He isn't lololol spam ice car though.

Also, KY was going even at first, but he got impatient, and you can't beat Nu as anyone if you aren't patient.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
fixed for so many reasons, none of them being that mango is the best falcon in the world (because he is but come on)
tw1n said:
Lol well maybe some random best of 3 rock paper scissors is in order to determine who's captain falcon will fill in that fourth spot Scar. Or drawing straws so only 4 will go in... LETS DO IT!
Scar, Tw1n, both of you are forgetting that while Mango and Hax are both good... well amazing... Twin_A is the best Falcon of all time (trying so hard not to do a Kanye West reference lol).

Yeah right the fact that I got second in our mix up is solely due to the amazingly lucky/skilled knee on Neil at the end and holding out there.

I could see it now:

Twin_A is planking and camping while Scar Hax and Silent Spectre are hacking away at eachother. last stocks high percentages Twin_A jumps in and hits Hax and SS with a double knee then side B's Scar into a knee and runs away from the angry mob :D

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
CNMs attendance policy is gay. If I miss or am 15 mins late or leave 15 mins early from my self paced math class that I'm ahead of schedule on, I get dropped from the class. So f***ing dumb.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
They put it up during the UNM fall break just so everyone remembered.....

Also, Brawl combo videos suck. PPL need to learn to DI so badly.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
I don't even know what to say about that......
Say it reminds you of a level 100 magikarp that takes out and entire team of high tier level 100's! Say it say it!!!

Oh look and angry Goyf.

*Pulls out popcorn and soft drink of choice*

They say it only comes out during times of extreme trolling so be sure to take plenty of pictures kiddies

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Say it reminds you of a level 100 magikarp that takes out and entire team of high tier level 100's! Say it say it!!!

Oh look and angry Goyf.

*Pulls out popcorn and soft drink of choice*

They say it only comes out during times of extreme trolling so be sure to take plenty of pictures kiddies
lewkuhglksrtdhglk;serhz;ljtrhn;okjrt'p;yjo

I already posted the vid of true and not stupid **** anyways.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Hey Zacy Poo stupid question but I have to ask, you're going to Pound 4 right? I just want to make sure that you're cool in person before I continue "Riding you meat" :p (actually I'm just curious)

haha anyways I had to get that reaction out of Walker, it was on my bucket list under "Things To Do 100 Times" :D

Hmmm...I don't know if his Falcon was THAT amazing. I mean it was good, but I saw mistakes, at least. It was definitely a worthy opponent though, certainly. Man...I wanna play Melee again.

Also, that was just plain out awkward August. o.O But of course, the Mormon WOULD say that, now wouldn't he? ;) I prefer modesty anyways.

Arms

Smash Rookie
Just thought I would let you guys know, Mako shark is ****ing delicious....

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
(Image removed for content) :smash:

Just thought I would let you guys know, Velveeta is ****ing delicious....
Just thought I would let you guys know, Tee Aye Eye is [still] ****ing cool....

Top Bottom