• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Hey guys guess what. We have been stuck in a gas station for the past three hours, and we have at least four more hours til we can leave F M L

tekkie

Smash Master
august if you're going to this i'll be awake by like nine and i actually found another ride possibility like an hour ago but i'd need to leave at like ten so if you weren't planning on going you can like tell me soon hopefully

tekkie

Smash Master
Tekkie! Do you still need a ride? If you do, call me. It's 328-4871. :) I'm not leaving for another hour or so though...gots to get ready and such.
i'm gonna call august in a minute and see what he's doing. how long are you staying at the tourney?

edit: zman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVfVqfIN8_c

edit2: calling erich

edit3: also if anyone needs my screwdriver set you should tell me soon

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Yeah, um, if I too, could get a ride from someone, that'd be great. My dad is driving down to Belin today, so I'm out of luck.

EDIT: Turns out Erich is picking me up anyway.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I heard that someone got disqualified in the tournament, but I didn't catch it because I was busy in the loser bracket. >_> Who was it?

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
I don't really have much to say...

Except, I did come across this awesomely extreme old sig:

I should rep TMB again.

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
Redfox = bad at Brawl. :(
Don't be hard on yourself... Don't worry about placings in your first tourney.
Just keep practicing and if you're seriously looking to get better all of us here at swf play quite a bit and will help you work on your game. Thanks for coming out redfox nice to finally meet you

will post shoutouts tomorrow I'm tired and my mind is just blown beyond any comprehension thanks to late night L.O.V.A. O_o (Ax, JT, Casey, Patrick, Austin all experienced this mindnumbing bizzare ****)

GG's to everyone today was pro as hell and a fun tourney
:bee::):bee::):bee::):bee::)

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i have aquired an adidas bag with a camera charger in it. im pretty sure its bryans but incase you are missing it, give me a call.

fun times at the tourny yesterday. great job to my teammate, twister. we'll win the day next time!

and what i said was true, next tourny (not no koast) im going all PIT and GANONDORF :bee: welll, maybe some lucas in teams :lick:

R

Redfox6400

Don't be hard on yourself... Don't worry about placings in your first tourney.
Just keep practicing and if you're seriously looking to get better all of us here at swf play quite a bit and will help you work on your game. Thanks for coming out redfox nice to finaly meet you.
I do want to get better!

Overgames

Smash Rookie
GGs at tourney everyone. I don't know if I'll ever find myself beating Dekar. :urg:

What's LOVA? :confused:

I do want to get better!
If you can't always make it to smashfests to practice with us. Try playing online, you could join ladders on Allisbrawl or Gamebattles; it's really good practice. :)

R

Redfox6400

If you can't always make it to smashfests to practice with us. Try playing online, you could join ladders on Allisbrawl or Gamebattles; it's really good practice. :)
you guys practice on what days besides MWF at 2-4?

Dekar173

Justice Man
@Redfox- sorry I didn't actually introduce myself >.> Also, where do you live again? :O

@Banjo- You on the other hand, I met! lol. We'll have to get you in on some doubles next time you're at a smashfest :D

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
@Redfox- sorry I didn't actually introduce myself >.> Also, where do you live again? :O

@Banjo- You on the other hand, I met! lol. We'll have to get you in on some doubles next time you're at a smashfest :D
Definitely. I wanted to go on some doubles last night but I had to go. :p
Where do you guys hold these smashfests? I know the date and time.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I don't really have much to say...

Except, I did come across this awesomely extreme old sig:

I should rep TMB again.
August, I wonder what you were like in the Illinois smash scene
Or maybe I shouldn't >_>

Well anyways how did the tourney go? Too bad I didn't get a chance to meet everybody. That's what I usually look forward to in tourneys, besides the 1st place cash prize in melee ;)

Iria

Smash Rookie
Hello, I am new to smash boards and in Albuquerque, where do I go to sign up for brawl get-togethers? I was invited by some of the players at the Lobo Brawl 3 tournament.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Hello Iria! Welcome to the scene. My name's Neil, and it's a pleasure to meet you :)

You don't need to sign up anywhere in particular for these brawl get-togethers. We host these 'smashfests', so to speak, all the time.

If you go to UNM, you're in luck. There's regular smashfests at Nolan's dorm (his username on these forums is isaccard), in the La Posada area. As far as I know, and I could be wrong, it's MWF from 2 pm to 4 pm.

Besides that, there's regular all-day smashfests (often at my house) on the weekends, and the occasional tournament too.

If you don't mind me asking, what area of Albuquerque do you live in?

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Welcome Iria. The smashfests on MW are in my dorm room between 2-4, they tend to last a bit longer half of the time though. On Fridays we have bigger ones in the Alvarado dorm study room thing. You're always welcome when you've got the time.

@NoKoast people
Did we get a car? What days do I need to get off?

@people Go to NoKoast!

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
I'm a grad student at UNM and I live close to campus. I can attend some of those smashfests if I'm not busy with work.
Graduate student? That's very cool...you're probably the oldest smasher of our community - unlike me, who is one of the youngest!

Which graduate school are you in?

Also, I'm a ROB player too. When we finally meet, I'll definitely show you some tricks ;)
On a side note...man, there are too many ROBs in New Mexico T_T

EDIT: Nolan, should I go to NoKoast?

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Do any of you guys play Brawl online regularly? I know online is undesirable because of the lag, but I'm just curious.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Where do you guys hold these smashfests? I know the date and time.
Alvarado dorms.

Hello, I am new to smash boards and in Albuquerque, where do I go to sign up for brawl get-togethers? I was invited by some of the players at the Lobo Brawl 3 tournament.
See above.

Do any of you guys play Brawl online regularly? I know online is undesirable because of the lag, but I'm just curious.
Overgames plays alot online, but he's the only one that I know of.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Whoa, lots of new players coming out of the woodwork... Well, it's a **** shame most of them play Brawl, the Melee crowd always desires more blood.

Top Bottom