• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

R

Redfox6400

Hey arms, I heard you're looking for a partner for the tourney, would you like to team up?

R

Redfox6400

@twin: lol i'm sure you'd beat me. lol i'm much better at melee, but i'm ok I guess lol i played with nolan today

tekkie

Smash Master
(Patrick I know you'll be there you cute little butthumper you :p)
daaaamn you make friends quickly

Yes, yes it does. :p
For some odd reason, I took up "Bakon" as my Brawl name though. I pronounce it like "bacon."
quoted for bacon. <3 bacon.

edit: oh yeah i'm still on a quest to find a way to get to unm on saturday. is anyone going to the tournament from the west side?

DOUBLE EDIT: http://www.destructoid.com/epic-mickey-epic-details-possibly-not-wii-exclusive--151187.phtml

holy balls

Arms

Smash Rookie
Hey arms, I heard you're looking for a partner for the tourney, would you like to team up?
Sounds good to me.

Hopefully there will be a fest this friday before the tourney so we could work some stuff out :D

EDIT

MUTHA ****IN GANGSTA KIRBY

R

Redfox6400

Sounds good to me.

Hopefully there will be a fest this friday before the tourney so we could work some stuff out :D
Yea, I'm also borrowing my friend's wii and i have brawl so we could play earlier too if you wanted.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Actually, it's good that one of you guys will come to take me to the tournament, as my folks are a bit sick and they probably won't feel like taking me. Lord knows if they'll get over it by Saturday.

Edit: Where do I go to get a signature made for me? >.>

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I have nothing to contribute. I don't think I'll go to the UNM tournament...
Just come to hang out (there isn't a venue fee or anything), and If twister brings his PS3 and Steven Brings BB, then........

Edit: Where do I go to get a signature made for me? >.>
Ask Overgames and he'll probably make one for you. I think there is a place on smashboards where they makes sigs in the arts area. Or you could photobucket a generic one if you aren't picky.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Arms, Banjo, and Red, I still have to meet you guys lol. Wont be making it to the tourney seeing as how I work all day >.<
No worries though one of these random fests we shall meet for sure.

And Zman:

Women are bad drivers but they only encompass 1 or the 3 qualities of the trifecta of bad driving.

The trifecta is as follows:
1. Old
2. Female
3. Asian

1. Old - We all know how scary the elderly can be on the road. Anyone who watches South Park can be especially sure of how horrifying this sight is. In fact if you are seeing it and live to tell the tail then someone up there likes you.

2. Female - Ah yes the female requirement. Now not all girls are bad drivers, there are probably 2 or 3 out there in the world who are pretty decent. The rest are horrible. I was driving the other day when I was almost rear ended twice by different drivers of the female gender. I parked at Wal Mart and a female almost backed into my girlfriends car (I was driving to sprevent being in the car that rear ended some poor guy). Then while walking into Wal Mart a girl was texting and hit her brakes barely missing hitting me. (All true story mind you). And that was just one day.

3. Asian - Anyone who has experience driving can attest to this. Something I have told my roommate (who is also Female and Asian) is that it's because they won't open their eyes, even when on the road (oh snap). But seriously Asian drivers (non specifying because I have seen equally bad Korean, Chinese, Japanese, and Thai drivers) are notorious fr their bad driving. I'm sure more of us have stories as to this one time an elderly Asian man almost hit them but barely missed. Some of you may be asking, well maybe it's the Elderly part kicking in and not the Asian. My friends don't you see, it was both at once. Unfortunately no one can say that an old female asian ALMOST hit them because when they are on the road, no ones lives to tell about it.

Which brings me to my next point, what happens when they make up 2 of the 3, or God forbid all 3 of the trifecta of bad driving?

Here are the combinations and which are most deadly (rated 1 being not bad and 5 being worst):

-Old/Female: rated 5. Very deadly and voted seventh highest cause of death in the world. Avoid as much as possible.

-Old/Asian: rated 4. This one is a little safer because it implies that the driver is in fact a male (or a weird hybrid O.o) and in turn their driving is significantly better.

-Female/Asian: rated 6. Wait doesn't the scale only go up to 5 here? Yes, this is how bad it is! My roommate is a female asian, and every time I ride with her I close my eyes and pretend I'm on a rollercoaster (TRUE!!!)! She will brake 10 feat before a light if it just turned yellow, and it doesn't even need to be a speed trap! If she's on a road speed limit 40, she will go 35. If interstate traffic is going about 65 or 70 she will get in the right lane and go 60 saying everyone else should get a ticket for speeding! (Also true I swear it). She refuses to go with the flow of traffic because she thinks everyone else should will get in a car accident... for all going 3 miles over... in a state with no speed traps on the interstate... while she sows everyone down and backs up traffic forcing people to fight to go around her. Ask my brother, he will attest to the tragedy that is her driving. And note that it's not just her, it's every female asian I have ever seen.

Now Kyle, what happens if they are all of the above rolled into one horrible mess?

Well my friend I'm glad you asked. Simply put: GET OFF THE ROAD! Camp out over night, even if it's the morning time. Someone will get into an accident that day I promise you that, don't become a statistic. I told a friend that you are even likely to get hit by a trifecta's reclace driving despite being in an airplane miles above ground. They are that bad.

But what about the 4th qualification?

Wait a second did I just say 4th? Thats right I did.

Vans

V-A-N-S!

Ever been driving on the road and someone cuts you off and it just makes you want to explode? Even worse they are riding their brakes going 10 under what you were going? Pay close attention next time, because I guarantee you that it will be a van.

Vans are not only harder to drive, but they are filled with the following as well:

-Soccer moms angry that the kids won't shut up and don't give a crap aout who else is on the road.
-Old people who can't get into other cars.
-Serial killers/kidnappers who are looking to get away quickly and you're in the way.
-Husbands of soccer moms who are mad that their kid lost because he was thinking about joining the ballet team.
-People who wrecked their car and were dumped with a POS van and don't give a crap with it because insurance will cover it.
-Spoiled brats whose parents bought them this crap so they're looking to rent it so daddy can buy them a Porsche.

I will end it with this my friends:
Have you ever seen an old female asian driving a van? Nope? Neither have I. Because no one lives to tell about it. 100% of all car accidents are caused because of them. Was the guy who hit you young and not of the asian ethnicity? It's because he was hurrying to get away from the trifecta+ that his friend heard a rumor about was getting on the road.

Beware my friends...

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol this page (p. 799 incase i get bumbed to the next one) is full of awesome funny stuff =]

S to add to the greatness just click here. If this doesn't make you laugh then please take your self out in the quickest way possible. I recommend jumping head first out of an airplane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzIuvfF1ISA

Oh ya Nolan. I'm David. Twin_A is Kyle. That should end any further cofusion in this thread =]

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Lol this page (p. 799 incase i get bumbed to the next one) is full of awesome funny stuff =]

S to add to the greatness just click here. If this doesn't make you laugh then please take your self out in the quickest way possible. I recommend jumping head first out of an airplane.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzIuvfF1ISA

Oh ya Nolan. I'm David. Twin_A is Kyle. That should end any further cofusion in this thread =]
David your video was awesome and Ima let you finish, but the Joker told the best jokes of all time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veju4PxhuGc&feature=related

this is a similar correlation as to how Ballpark Hotdogs sales increased as Sudoku sales began skyrocketing... coincidental and nothing in common (yet still awesome).

GG7 said:
AZ melee loves Neil and the twins.
:D

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Actually, I got my folks to drive me over to the campus Saturday, so yeah.

No offense, but catching a ride with someone I don't know is a bit weird for me. Maybe your group could meet me near the Yale entrance?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Actually, I got my folks to drive me over to the campus Saturday, so yeah.

No offense, but catching a ride with someone I don't know is a bit weird for me. Maybe your group could meet me near the Yale entrance?
Don't worry, I wouldn't want a 250 lb dude picking me up(isaccard) that I didn't know either.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol Kyle I saw all those vids last night.

And Sinz. I would love it if some random hot sexy beast came and picked me up (looking at you Dekar)

Dekar173

Justice Man
You're all gonna scare away the new smashers before we even get to play with them! XD

I'd like to ask, Banjo and Redfox, who do you guys main? If you say MK, we kind of have a problem but not really (I see no problem with either of them using MK in the upcoming tourney o.O) but then others of us may ***** and moan about the ban.

Who wants MK banned/doesn't/doesn't care?

My view on his brokeness hasn't really changed much, he's the best character in the game by a large margin, and his abilities to gimp (made even more relevant to me by Dojo T.T) make him a HUGE pain for a majority of the cast.

The only reason I would want him unbanned is so NM as a state can be better prepared for OoS tourneys (Hobo! Bah!) and the upcoming No Koast and Pound 4 :)

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Redfox plays Lucario and Marth. According to Banjo's sig, he plays Kirby.

But yeah, as Nolan said earlier, just make MK soft banned among scene veterans.

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
I think it would be unfair to ban MK for anyone other than the scene veterans. If Banjo or Redfox want to play MK then that's fine.

Arms

Smash Rookie
The only reason I would want him unbanned is so NM as a state can be better prepared for OoS tourneys (Hobo! Bah!) and the upcoming No Koast and Pound 4 :)
Man I wish I could go to No Koast, but i think you guys will have already left before i get back into town ):

But definitely count me in for Pound.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
My mains are Marth, Kirby, Falco, Peach, and Ganondorf. I hate Meta Knight. <_<

Oh yeah, are we gonna arrive around noon so we can do some friendlies before the tournament starts?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Who wants MK banned/doesn't/doesn't care?

My view on his brokeness hasn't really changed much, he's the best character in the game by a large margin, and his abilities to gimp (made even more relevant to me by Dojo T.T) make him a HUGE pain for a majority of the cast.

I don't care about MK either way. He really is F***ing stupid, but if NM wants him legal for practice, that is a better reason. Either way, I'm not playing him.

The suggested softban is probably the best option.

My mains are Marth, Kirby, Falco, Peach, and Ganondorf. I hate Meta Knight. <_<

Oh yeah, are we gonna arrive around noon so we can do some friendlies before the tournament starts?
MK character Icon next to your name for the lulz?

Also, signups start at noon, so get there around then.

I won't be at the UNM tourney till about 12:45ish. I have class at CNM until 11:40.

Top Bottom