• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
Wow lots of new posts...

BWW was awesome as always, except nobody would play buzztime against us =/
Game prevails this week though =D
and Kyle next week you gotta be there no hw johns...

I also got pooped on in doubles tonight holy hell O_o

Welcome David to the scene in NM hopefully you can make it to the UNM tourney and meet all of us.

@Banjo yes the UNM in Albuquerque is hosting a tourney this saturday

Ax I totally forgot about bringing SPM over tonight my bad...
if I find time this week I'll try to drop it off

JT: squirter is mine!!

Decker: I hate your Marth more than Hitler hated Hebrewberg Moneygrabbers
much love though and thanks for the wings

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
Zman I'll let you know by tomorrow If I can make it
I am scheduled to work but I will go in tomorrow to see if someone will cover my shift

If I can get it covered then yes we will team and it will be good =D

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Marth has always and will always be a queermo.

And I absolutely hate the artwork in Shadow Dragon. In fact, I refused to complete the tutorial chapter, just because of the character portraits. Though, to be fair, I probably wouldn't have played much farther, because Fire Emblem is terrible anyway.

Overgames

Smash Rookie
Marth has always and will always be a queermo.

And I absolutely hate the artwork in Shadow Dragon. In fact, I refused to complete the tutorial chapter, just because of the character portraits. Though, to be fair, I probably wouldn't have played much farther, because Fire Emblem is terrible anyway.
You're just like.... a constant downer, huh?

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Cool. Uh...which Smash Bros. is it? Is it Melee, Brawl, or both? This'll give me time to figure out which one I need to practice on. >_>

I might not attend this weekend anyway, since I have other things to do.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Ah. I was going to edit my post saying that I should've looked through the topic first, but thanks.

I have more experience with Brawl anyway. I have only played against CPUs in Melee...so I'm not good on that one.

Edit: Same tournament rules apply there, right? Three stock, same neutrals, counterpicks, and banned stages? This would be my first tournament if I attend, sorry for all the questions, heh.

Arms

Smash Rookie
I don't have a partner for doubles..

Just thought I would throw that onto the table.

P.S. Someone team with me

Dekar173

Justice Man
Welcome to Banjo and Redfox! Haha. I find it very kick *** that the NM scene just got 3 new people :)

I hope to see all of you at the UNM tourney! (Patrick I know you'll be there you cute little butthumper you :p)

:D

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Ah. I was going to edit my post saying that I should've looked through the topic first, but thanks.

I have more experience with Brawl anyway. I have only played against CPUs in Melee...so I'm not good on that one.

Edit: Same tournament rules apply there, right? Three stock, same neutrals, counterpicks, and banned stages? This would be my first tournament if I attend, sorry for all the questions, heh.
Yep.

Also, if your user name refers to Banjo-Kazooie, you are awesome.

tw1n

Smash Champion
You're just like.... a constant downer, huh?
Lol quoting Charlie the unicorn vids huh? Too good.

Yay more people in the NM scene =] I wont be able to make it to this tournie because I'm gonna be working at the balloon fiesta all morning and will be asleep all afternoon hahaha.

Do Nolan Fests ever start T TH around 10 or 11... or even earlier? I hate staying around that area later because traffic heading home = he ll and sadness

Banjo Kazooi = WIN!!!

Edit: I never thought I'd ever say this but... Terry Bogard looks like a F A G!!!!!!! What the heck did the do to this game?! Shoot it, burn it, run over it, and then shoot it some more.

http://www.destructoid.com/videos/o...-movie-150786.phtml&t=video&nowplaying=Movies

*tears*

Edit 2: Yo RedFox!!! Whats up (same to all new smashers)
My name is also David... we shall have to have an epic fight to see which David is better bwahahaha! Till then welcome to the scene.

Edit Delta Iota Kappa: BRYCE!!! I miss you baby! Come to NM again so we can do all nighters playing melee and brawl lol

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
OMG so much posts.

I'd say put it at 6. :)
LOl, I miscounted, that's no reason to put it at six.

Yay more people in the NM scene =] I wont be able to make it to this tournie because I'm gonna be working at the balloon fiesta all morning and will be asleep all afternoon hahaha.

Do Nolan Fests ever start T TH around 10 or 11... or even earlier? I hate staying around that area later because traffic heading home = he ll and sadness
Lame working is lame. Nolan's fest start at 2, when he, Steven and Paul get out of class.

Welcome to the new smashers RedFox and Banjo. You guys should head over to the Alvarado dorms around 2 on MWF. Smash is always going on there.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I've got a few more questions.

1. What time does the tourney start?
2. What are the streets that UNM is at?
3. Is there an online map of UNM so I know where the tourney is held? >_>
4. What's the admission fee, if there is any?

2 and 3 is because...I've never been to UNM before, and I don't exactly remember where it's located either. I've only been here for a little over 3 years, yet I don't know the city too much.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Try Yale and Central. For parking go down Central and take a left on Yale into a little university backroad. take a right and follow that. It should lead to a parking structure. Should that not be free then park in the parking lot thats just to the right. That'll be free :D

As for admission i don't know because I work and cannot make it >.<

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Sorry kyle, the only fests on Tuesday only ever happen at twleve fifteen, because I get out of class then. And I have another class at five, so they end early unless there's enough people who want to stay at the dorm. On Thursdays there's not really ever fests because I have my one day a week lab. D:

@Arms Redfox doesn't have a doubles partner, he should be coming to the dorm today.

@Banjo: Welcome to the NM back room =P. I suck with directions so hopefully David's directions were enough. Here's a map of the campus: http://www.unm.edu/campusmap/campusmap.pdf

The tourney is being hosted by a club at UNM, it happens about once a semester or so. This should help with info about it: http://anime.unm.edu/2009/09/29/lobo-brawl-3/

The grab limit for UNM is five. I forgot to put it in when I sent him rules, and JT mentioned a 3 grab limit in the comments on their website, so confusion happened.

There was also someone there suggesting we play basic brawl.

Also, Dekar/Zman should bring their wii's for the tourney plzz. I've got my TV at my dorm I can bring and I'm sure we can get another.

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
Thanks! Parking shouldn't be a problem, since I'm going to be driven there. Consider me there, unless I get sick or something.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Thanks! Parking shouldn't be a problem, since I'm going to be driven there. Consider me there, unless I get sick or something.
What I would suggest is meeting up with someone else going to the tourney and you can just go with them ;P

Our group consists of- Molls, myself, JT!, and Ax, 4 and I think we can have 1 more go with us :p Where do you live??

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
What I would suggest is meeting up with someone else going to the tourney and you can just go with them ;P

Our group consists of- Molls, myself, JT!, and Ax, 4 and I think we can have 1 more go with us :p Where do you live??
I live at Sun North Estates. It's a mobile home (not those RVs) community somewhere off the freeway where a Carl's Jr., Burger King, and two gas stations are. I can't remember the street names off the top of my head (sometimes I'm a bit of a scatterbrain), but yeah. I don't live alone, by the way, (I'm with my parents and grandmother, my dad is out of work at the moment) so it may be better to meet me somewhere out at the campus. :p

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
I live at Sun North Estates. It's a mobile home (not those RVs) community somewhere off the freeway where a Carl's Jr., Burger King, and two gas stations are. I can't remember the street names off the top of my head
sounds like I-25 and alameda...
if so you're really close to where Dekar, JT, and I live

I could give you a ride down there this saturday If you'd like

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
sounds like I-25 and alameda...
if so you're really close to where Dekar, JT, and I live

I could give you a ride down there this saturday If you'd like
Yeah, I-25 and Alameda. Anyone in your group can come over and give me a ride there, I just have to let my folks know that company will be over that day. I'd like you meet you guys. Oh, and...JT doesn't happen to be Bloodmage, does he? I have an AIM buddy whose nickname is JT...

Arms

Smash Rookie
Dekar or Tw!ster, if either one of you have a open seat in your car could I grab a ride with you on Saturday?

Edit

Anyone wanna go see Zombieland before this weekend?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Hey twister, can I pay you for most of the PS3 at the UNM tourney? It will be either 110 or 130 right now, and the rest early november.

*Tw!st3r*

Smash Rookie
Patrick I have class tonight and tomorrow night and work on Friday =/
We could all go after the tourney on Saturday maybe or after i get out of work on Friday night...

Goyf that sounds good to me

Top Bottom