• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Smash Scene!

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
Hey there, fellow smashers! Skelter here, from New Mexico Smash Scene! We're probably not as well known as Arizona or Texas, but we have some excellent players, and I thought it'd be a good time to finally associate with Smashboards, to further help our scene to grow! Our biggest tournaments are Project M, but we also feature Melee, and Smash 4! Check out our stream at:

Www.hitbox.tv/enchantedesports

or YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0E-_FaDM44EVgXwMNG7kRA

Last edited:

pk_keanu_rey

Smash Rookie
Hey, also a player from new mexico! I like smash 4 the best one I think. Also not bad at brawl or melee.

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
You should come to our monthly tournaments next time!

There's a very minimal brawl scene, thanks to the inclusion of project m.
Our next Tournament is on Sept 26th at Super Gamer's Anonymous

It's Smash 4 and Melee in one day and it'll be happening all day, so come down and join! Bring your friends!

pk_keanu_rey

Smash Rookie
You should come to our monthly tournaments next time!

There's a very minimal brawl scene, thanks to the inclusion of project m.
Our next Tournament is on Sept 26th at Super Gamer's Anonymous

It's Smash 4 and Melee in one day and it'll be happening all day, so come down and join! Bring your friends!
Alright cool! Where are you from?

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
Our tournaments are most prominent in Albuquerque, although Las Cruces has weekly events and Santa Fe occasionally makes locals!

We are home to amazing players such as Light, a Peach main, who recently beat aMSa at Evo, and Filthy Casual, a Fox and Falcon main who has taken games off Axe at Low Tier City 3.

pk_keanu_rey

Smash Rookie
Ok cool. I just would like to know when tournaments are going to go down so I can try and make a trip up there. I'm pretty good not saying I'm the best but I'm good. Haha I main ness (no pk fire spam but I use it.), lucas and kirby. My NNID is keanu_reyy.

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
We have Project M tournaments on the second Saturday of every month, and Smash 4/Melee on the last Saturday of every month

LBeast

Smash Rookie
Melee player in Albuquerque, hoping to drop in to the tournament this month! (YLink/Link main)

Jadester

Smash Rookie
NNID
JadesterCubed
Wow, I was very surprised to see this New Mexico thread stickied!

I live in New Mexico, and have heard about the news saying that Gamers Anonymous will no longer be hosting tournaments at the shop.

Is there any other regular/semi-regular tournaments coming? Unfortunate news

Last edited:

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
You are correct sir! We have a new venue at Golden Gun Gaming, and our next tournament is Saturday, January 30th.

We'll be featuring Melee, Project M, and Smash 4 Singles. Doubles won't start again until next month, but we will have alternating tournaments every two weeks starting in February.

Melee and PM as a joint tournament day, and Smash 4 as its own.

7¢ent

Smash Rookie
So is this an all-age event though? I've heard some places do age restrictions :glare::c

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
Oh wow, my apologies, 7 7¢ent I never noticed your reply. Yes these are generally for all ages. The few times we had age limited events, it's because they were held at a bar

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Hacksignify

Smash Rookie
So, this is odd we have a small scene of fighting game players here in Alamogordo Holloman AFB area if anyone maybe wanted to get together for an event sometime. We have a really promising player here who were trying to find some better competition for.

Skelterai

Smash Cadet
Well, Hacksignify Hacksignify , get a hold of us on Facebook, much more of us are active on theregister under the group "New Mexico Smash Scene". Alook make sure you join "NM-ISM" as they are New Mexico's biggest FGC.

Hacksignify

Smash Rookie
Well, Hacksignify Hacksignify , get a hold of us on Facebook, much more of us are active on theregister under the group "New Mexico Smash Scene". Alook make sure you join "NM-ISM" as they are New Mexico's biggest FGC.
Thanks so much for the response. I went to the group and I'll be posting an introduction.

Top Bottom