• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Meta Knight kill confirm in smash 4!

martzfartz

Smash Rookie
There’s a new kill confirm with Meta Knight.

I’m calling it “The Skippy”, as a tribute to my friend who discovered it.

F-tilt 1 > Up-B is a frame trap that kills lightweights at ~81%,
middles at ~108%, and heavies at ~120% on FD. These were tested with no DI or rage,so it may kill earlier or later in a real match. While it doesn’t true combo, It is a frame trap.

You really can’t escape from what I have tested. If you airdodge, you get landing lag. If you jump,
you still get hit. This set-up can be used Instead of F-throw or D-Throw follow-ups, which stop comboing around 90%. Along with the Dtilt > DownB kill confirm, Meta Knight has more consistent kills at high percents.

Good ways to catch someone with an Ftilt are U-Turn > Ftilt, Hip-checking with F-tilt, and just catching opponents with it because it’s fast. I hope this advances the “Meta” of this character. ;D

D

Deleted member

Oh god, this is awesome! I'm definitely going to use this more at high percents, one of my problems with my Meta Knight is getting a kill at the right time, this will hopefully help.

EDIT: Wouldn't this be better to post in the Meta Knight boards?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
As kyokoro said we already knew this, nice video tho.

Problem is, Ftilt 1 has a horribly short range so this isn't something which you will land often against good players, it's a good mixup but dash attack or Fthrow to up-B is a safer and more versatile kill confirm for example.

Also, avoid going for this below like 110%ish on anybody because although they can't jump and they can't airdodge, I believe jump + airdodge does work. If the opponent is in the know then they may escape and then you'll eat something painful for whiffing Shuttle Loop.

Last edited:

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
I like going for Ftilt 1 --> Dtilt --> Dcape
Ftilt to dtilt to DA is really nice. It covers a ton of situations where the opponent simply cannot be pressing buttons. And if the dtilt hits, you can DA into a shuttle loop if you hit with the later frames of it. And if you did that, you'll be at a frame advantage against anyone who roll techs thinking dcape is coming, punish with DA or grab. Layers of safe mix ups man. Nasty.

Freakzoid9000MS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lukeduke5456
There’s a new kill confirm with Meta Knight.

I’m calling it “The Skippy”, as a tribute to my friend who discovered it.

F-tilt 1 > Up-B is a frame trap that kills lightweights at ~81%,
middles at ~108%, and heavies at ~120% on FD. These were tested with no DI or rage,so it may kill earlier or later in a real match. While it doesn’t true combo, It is a frame trap.

You really can’t escape from what I have tested. If you airdodge, you get landing lag. If you jump,
you still get hit. This set-up can be used Instead of F-throw or D-Throw follow-ups, which stop comboing around 90%. Along with the Dtilt > DownB kill confirm, Meta Knight has more consistent kills at high percents.

Good ways to catch someone with an Ftilt are U-Turn > Ftilt, Hip-checking with F-tilt, and just catching opponents with it because it’s fast. I hope this advances the “Meta” of this character. ;D

Can't some characters get out of it also with an aerial or special that comes out earlier than frame 8 because I'm pretty sure that's when MK's grounded UpB comes out on?

Freakzoid9000MS

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lukeduke5456
The kill confirm doesn't seem to do that well against fast fallers. For example, I did Ftilt 1 on a limit cloud and he had time to land and roll away from the UpB and I Ftilted him at around 111% I believe and I had around 70% so I had a bit of rage.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I use Pivot FTilt a lot because people I play against starts to spotdodge my approachs at kill percents, so this is very good to know.
I was trying Ftilt1-> other stuff before and sometimes it worked, sometimes it doesn't.
Maybe we should learn more setups after FTilt hit 1 ?
Nice option anyway. MK was my secundary until last month, so I'm kind of trying to learn everything about him now.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
The kill confirm doesn't seem to do that well against fast fallers. For example, I did Ftilt 1 on a limit cloud and he had time to land and roll away from the UpB and I Ftilted him at around 111% I believe and I had around 70% so I had a bit of rage.
What distance you hitted him with the FTilt ?
I used a week of testing this again and again versus a lot of players.
What I discovered in actual matches is that the setup is not reliable if you hit them with the "tip" of the sword.
But it's almost impossible (or even impossible) to miss the UpB when you connect the FTilt at the middle of the reach, or closer.
A strong options against bad spaced aerials in your shield, or any frame advantage against a close opponent.
It's not a spacing you're encouraged to fight against a lot of characters and in most situations the S.Loop OoS would punish equally good, but it's a great HIT CONFIRM.
So, from what and how I tried to use this:

"Use it mainly when you think it will kill, and you're not sure if S.Loop OoS will connect. Using the FTilt as a hit confirm to the S.Loop avoid you the risk of missing the S.Loop (at least first hit), and being hard punished.
It's not ground breaking, but yet is a great hit confirm. Don't try it when you're not close from the opponent, in this situation the DTilt is far better."

Top Bottom