• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mario Strikers Battle League Trailer

mario-strikers-battle.jpg

Mario Strikers: Battle League just received a new overview trailer. The trailer highlights basic mechanics behind the game, some new features, and more.

One of the new features highlighted is hyperstrikes - a strike orb will fall onto the field, allowing players to perform a hyperstrike on a goal to score points. The next new feature highlighted are equip-able items, which can allow players to be faster and be more resistant to tackles. The trailer also highlighted a new club mode, which allows up to twenty players to gain points for their club in online matches. Any online matches played from the club members will increase their club's ranking. The club will find out if they've ranked up at the end of a season.

Mario Strikers: Battle League releases worldwide on June 10th on Nintendo Switch.

Author's Note: June 10th? That is so, so soon. I'm looking forward to this title. How about you? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

I really wanna look forward to this but Nintendo ruined my favorite Mario Sports series last year with Super Rush, so I'll stay cautiously optimistic for now.

To have only 10 playable characters (not counting the goalkeepers) and no sidekicks feels like a huge downgrade when compared to Mario Strikers Charged. Even the lack of Daisy, Bowser Jr., Diddy Kong, and Petey Piranha feels wrong. But the one thing that really feels sad is knowing that the Boom Booms now serve as goalkeepers, instead of the Kritters. It's like Nintendo doesn't want any of the Donkey Kong Country characters to be involved in the Mario spin-off titles anymore.

Last edited:
Top Bottom