• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mario Matchup Thread!

CGod

Smash Cadet
Supposedly the rosa matchup is not even bad but i have no idea what to do against her? What do i do in neutral how do i approach?

Combos4Dayz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Combos4Dayz
3DS FC
1392-8440-5699
Supposedly the rosa matchup is not even bad but i have no idea what to do against her? What do i do in neutral how do i approach?
First, get rid of Luma. Then space with bair or dtilt, control the stage with fireball, basic Mario stuff etc.
Basically, just go after Rosa. She is very vulnerable without Luma and will resort to running away.

...Or just pull out your pocket Cloud Kappa

Last edited:

Goombario64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goombarioguy
I'd like to propose that :4mario: wins against :4ganondorf: at least 65:35. Don't really have tournament experience, but no Ganon should be able to escape Mario's combos or, especially, his edgeguarding.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
I'd like to propose that :4mario: wins against :4ganondorf: at least 65:35. Don't really have tournament experience, but no Ganon should be able to escape Mario's combos or, especially, his edgeguarding.
All I have is my personal experience, but of you can't kill the Ganon on a timely manner, he'll run away with that rage on you. And yeah, you can edge guard him really well with fludd and cape if you're feeling confident, just always watch out for ganoncide.

So yeah, we win but Ganon always has those clutch comeback factors if you get carried away comboing him beyond kill confirm percents.

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506
Panic Up B's are great here. Can knock Luma away frequently with it. Especially if you reverse it at the start.

Of course, also dash attack, bthrow, and smash attacks taken care of Luma.

DJSKRELP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NotApplicable
3DS FC
3024-8713-4194
Hey guys! Dr. Mario and Mario dual main here! I was wondering a few things. First of all, what stages should I take Ryu, Falcon Yoshi, and Sheik to? Also, what combo starters work best on them?

Last edited:

Rust punch

Smash Rookie
I would like some recommendations on the cloud MU I've been practicing this MU a long time now and I have found out that although it's supposedly really bad for mario this I find out to be true only if cloud is playing a well spaced and timed ( minimal lag on short hop aerials and the sort) rushdown and I'd like you guys to tell me if it's simply futile to beat this type of cloud play with mario or if there are some ways to play mario that result on a more even playing field.

But in general I feel this MU is doable for mario except for the aforementioned style of cloud

Last edited:

Rust punch

Smash Rookie
Although my region has little official tournaments I've played against quite few Rosa mains and I personally believe the MU is mostly dependent on Rosa's ability to maintain herself outside of marios burst options and maintaining luma if they accomplish this the majority of the match will be in their favor. I humbly believe it's even if this conditions aren't kept.

Top Bottom