• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mario Kill Confirm: Reverse Nair > Bair (Plus Ledge set-up)

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I'm actually sure most of you have gotten this once or twice and just chalked it up to lucky positioning, since there's no real set-up for it normally.

However, after much testing I devised a very consistent set-up.

Simply roll or position yourself on the ledge so that you can shieldgrab a standard get-up.

A good player won't simply roll or stand up here, they know they'll just be punished. Therefore, they'll jump, hang, rise with an attack or cross-up option.

This is where this comes in. SH nair covers these options fairly well. However, you don't get much off just connecting the nair, so when you feel it connect you WEAVE offstage for a bair/jumping bair. DO NOT LAND.

This inconsistently registers as a true combo in training mode, but with any level of rage it becomes very consistent and a 50/50 at worst. And even if they manage to airdodge, you can bair again or sjp back to ledge.

The sjp will pop them up for you to bair right from the ledge.

SH nair covers jump, rising, and hang if you delay and weave off.

Important Notes:
-If you rolled to the very lip of the ledge, it becomes about a 50% chance that they will be hit out with nair. You want to be in a bit more than that, but can still grab standard get-ups.

-If they get hit inward, or you miss the nair, you can get back onstage without grabbing the ledge with an aerial and maybe still manage to connect a hit.

-This feels very similar to sheik's nair > BF combo in that it doesn't register as a true combo in training mode, but can snipe jumps and demands an immediate buffered airdodge. (Can also fair spike with a hard read)

-Most worth going far at 90%+ as it doesn't knock back far enough to connect anything earlier.

Last edited:

Anter

Smash Rookie
Nice, might have to lab this myself. Uair combos into bair in a similar manner.

Top Bottom