• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Luigi kill confirm on tall characters? Rising uair to nair to upb true combo.

DrDank44

Smash Rookie
Recently, and by recently i mean 2 minutes ago from writing this, I've found a rather extraordinary kill confirm off of rising up air. This isn't too tricky, but only works off of tall characters, just any tall enough to get hit by rising Luigi uair. This is pretty difficult, but i feel its not too hard akin to the zero to death.

After the rising uair, you must drift forwards as soon as possible until he is in nair range. After the nair fastfall immediately, then fullhop upb. There is no reason to double jump to get the up b- just up b at the apex of your full hop and it will be true. Whene you get the up b, the hitbox looks a little weird- the opponent is above it. But never mind that now, because now we have yet another kill setup as luigi. This works at 65%, tested on samus, but now i realize that samus is quite heavy, so this will work much earlier on other characters. Some tips for getting this true- dont drift too much after the upair, just get in range for a nair. Make sure to buffer the fullhop, and getting the up b is easy, because luigi floats a bit near the apex of his jump.

Thanks for reading guys! I've noticed that these threads do get read by people, and that honestly makes me really happy- like these setups aren't just for nothing, ya know?

Please leave any input or feedback in the comments- or just write a comment for no reason, ill always reply! The uptilt setup is coming soon, and by soon i mean probably in half an hour lol. Bye!

Top Bottom