• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New little Mac main wants to learn bread n' butter combos

paez_dispenser

Smash Rookie
NNID
carmelpacman
I recently dropped all FE characters for the Bronx bruiser. I went 1-2 in a new weekly with much harder opponents than my usual. But before u start making fun of a teenager for not being So(l) good, I completely murder a 20 year old Mario so it's a win in my book. But to be so(l) good i need some help.

Amaru

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheMACH1NE
Just watch Sol's Mac on youtube. He knows most of them and uses them effectively. Side note, don't correlate your age with your skill. MK Leo is a teenager and is potentially a top 20 (maybe even top 10) player.

tomvanharmelen

Smash Journeyman
I'm not entirely sure copying other players helps a lot though.
Personally, I'm more a fan of understanding how Little Mac's moves work to figure out the combos on your own.
It allows a player to come up with stuff on the spot instead of having to memorize a bunch of stuff.

This is also why I asked my earlier question in my previous post, as it would have been a nice link to the concept of working on fundamentals first instead of learning combo strings.
As a novice it's far more beneficial to get solid fundamentals down because it will help much more in the long run as you don't have to keep relying on others to develop your individual set of skills.

Amaru

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheMACH1NE
In that case I would just say learn the fundamentals and look at what good Little Mac mains are doing right. I thought he just wanted combos though. That's where the majority of my combos come from for all my characters anyway.

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
Combos for racking up quick damage:
1. Utilt 3x --> Up-B
2. Dtilt --> Down-Angled Fsmash
3. Dtilt --> Side-B (Only use this when your opponent is at high percentages for the end lag after the side-B can be punished if their percentage is too low)

MarshieMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MarshieMan
Dtilt > JC Up B is one of his best kill confirms.
Dtilt can combo into pretty much anything at low percents. Theres also dash attack > Side B at low percents.

Top Bottom