• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Link tech?

JOJO94

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vintage_Rider
People on the Super Smash Bros. Montreal Facebook have been telling me this is new. But with the game being out for 15 years now, I highly doupt it. But I will post it here so you guys tell me what you think.

Link needs to have a bomb and be above 36%. Crouch cancel your own bomb and tech to the side you want. If you do it while crouching or standing still, the roll will be twice as long as a regular roll. I think it can also be used out of shield, but I don't have the text skill to pull it off.

Did you guys knew about this? I can't be the only one who have thought of this...

Brash Candihoot

Smash Cadet
So basically you are just teching and tech rolling your own bomb hit? (Link has a REALLY far tech roll)

Pretty neat, I never though about doing it. Maybe it can get you out of a corner and give you back center stage if you can quickly down throw bomb and tech roll to center to escape edge pressure.

LINK NINJA VANISH * :pow: BOOM :pow: *

Team Plasma N

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3952-8297-3456
Pretty sure this is already known, I messed around with that not too long ago. I'm not sure if this can be effectively used in a match or not.

SAUS

Smash Ace
Definitely known.

One thing I was thinking of lately (I think someone mentioned it briefly somewhere but I forget where) is those times when your bomb will blow up soon - instead of just shielding it or something, you can up-b and ASDI down. You might even be able to grab people after if they shield the up-b and you time it well.

That only works before you will get knocked down. However, if you are really stuck with a bomb and it will blow up soon, instead of shielding and waiting, you can up-b and then tech roll out of it when the bomb explodes.

It's pretty janky and not something you should aim to do, but if the situation arises, maybe it's a good mixup / escape option. Might even be able to do a legendary up-b -> tech roll -> up-b combo hahaha.

JOJO94

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vintage_Rider
It's pretty janky and not something you should aim to do, but if the situation arises, maybe it's a good mixup / escape option. Might even be able to do a legendary up-b -> tech roll -> up-b combo hahaha.
I confirmed yesterday at the weekly that it is very circumstancial, and will mostly be useful to regain center stage.

Up-B -> Tech roll -> Up-B would be pretty dank. Another Dank setup with this would be to read a DI and blow yourself up right next to the opponent. Tech roll toward the DI and Up-B ( or full hop -> DAir if he double jumps) when he gets blown away next to you. And then perform a moonwalking dashdance to ledge cancel up B to waveland on platform. Moonwalk to ledge cancel taunt. True Combo. ;-)

BTW I had a blast playing against you at concordia. Thanks for the tips. The one about the mindset you should have to bait with Link helped me a lot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom