• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new ledgehog

Revolutionary1804

Smash Apprentice
well yesterday i was playing falcon... no suprise there. anyways i falcon kick from the center or close to the center of smallville and guess what,, he auto grabs the ledge. it doesent work when ur close to the ledge so u basically have to mentally visualize the distance and that makes it not very useful but a new trick none the less. anyone else have imput?

Tenki

Smash Hero
I've seen this before in Ganondorf forums (with Ganon's down b). It might have been mentioned here, but it's a useful piece of information nonetheless.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Alright, this isn't really a new ledgehog.

On smashville, you cannot kick near the center of the stage. In fact, the actual spacing for it is quite precise. If you care to know, the best way Ive been able to space it is by watching my position relative to the christmas lights that adorn the side of the stage. There are 4 puple bulbs connected by a red wire: start the kick slightly to the right or left of one of the middle lights (depending on which ledge you need), to the farther edge.

As for the actual move, I don't really see much use out of it. Barring the ridiculous spacing needed, Falcon has a much better game gimping people than trying to hog (only characters I'd actively go to hog are Olimar, Ivysaur, or Ike EDIT: and lucario I suppose). If you actually have the need to hog while standing far away from the ledge, I find simply running towards it + hugging is easier (an faster I think).

On a side note, I tried this out on smashville and FD, and FD has a much better indicator for spacing this. If you're smack dab in the middle of FD, the kick will autohog.

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
yeah, falcon's fast as is, and learning to hug after a dash is a good skill to have for anyone, not just falcon.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Honestly why not just Dash -> FF -> Side B. It's so much easier than measuring all of this stuff out. It's not like the Kick is much faster than the dashing alternative anyways.

Top Bottom