• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Ledge Option For Ganondorf

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
Really sorry about all the reposts, there's like 3 AT threads that I wasn't sure was the one I should post this in and now I wanted to have a thread dedicated to this tech so I could link the video to it.

I have something that might tickle the lot of you's fancy :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucRTK6hGN1w&feature=youtu.be

After hours of practice I'm now able to do it on every legal stage fairly consistently. Some stages are easier to do it on than others. For instance on Town and City, Smashville and Battlefield I thought for a while it was impossible, but it turns out it just has to be so precise it almost becomes not worth it (almost).

This is a really great tool though. You can use it to do surprise Down Smashes from ledge for super early kills. its also quite a few frames faster than standard getup's lag, allowing you to potentially beat out someone trying to dash grab you by reaction.

I realize this is the same tech as the lagless getup Seen Here. But as far as I know, anyone involved with labbing that tech was convinced it was not possible for the Dorf. (Although I am realizing it is a different directional combination required to do it with ganon after watching the video again.)

I suggest starting your attempts on Duck Hunt, as it is pretty much easy mode.

It is performed by dropping from ledge (Down on stick) and Double Jumping on what seems to be frame 1-2 after you let go of the ledge. So you're basically almost pressing them at the same time. Any onlooker would think you were.

What comes next needs to be incredibly precise unless you're playing on FD, Dreamland or Duck Hunt. So don't give up or think its impossible, I've done it myself on every side of every legal stage.

Assuming you timed the double jump out of Fastfall correctly, you will be about level with the stage at the apex of your double jump. A moment before you hit the apex of that double jump however, you will need to shift the stick toward the stage. If executed correctly it will look like the video above, allowing you to use any action you want from ledge getup while also sparing you maybe 5-7 frames of lag you would be susceptible to for using a standard getup.

Like the My Smash Corner video said, Don't lose faith if you don't get it after 50 attempts. Its a rough one.

Last edited:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
But as far as I know, anyone involved with labbing that tech was convinced it was not possible for the Dorf.
I thought Ganon was one of the first characters discovered to have this tech. At the very least, Gungnir was showing it off early on.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Muchly appreciate you sharing, Wald, but Mac's right, this has been known for quite some time now. The two most common methods are this and BAir (and on some stages like Duck Hunt, UAir).

You can't be faulted for not knowing, though. Our tech guides aren't a very good reflection of what we know, and that'll hopefully change.

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
ah, okay. Well I've already gotten a few people who have never heard of it so maybe its good to bring it up again anyways.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
It took me some time, but I've gotten it down notch.

I advise all tournament attending Ganons to take the time to practice this AT.

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
I thought Ganon was one of the first characters discovered to have this tech. At the very least, Gungnir was showing it off early on.
Gunginir put up a vine showing it in march 2015, I kind of just ignored it and thought that it was Ganon exclusive.

I intend to lab this out at some point in the summer, but my school/dorm situation doesn't mesh well for extended practice.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
I find the main thing to keep in mind practicing this is to make sure you dont hold towards the stage until the top of your jump, I always thought you had to hold towards the stage as soon as possible, hard habit to break but worth it.

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
I find the main thing to keep in mind practicing this is to make sure you dont hold towards the stage until the top of your jump, I always thought you had to hold towards the stage as soon as possible, hard habit to break but worth it.
yes and no, the beefier stages (final D, Duck hunt, dreamland) its super easy if you hold forward. almost even easier. but for all other stages, yes it takes some finesse.

I also think its worth noting that the Bair method can be used like training wheels on those more difficult stages if you cant master this one yet. It is slightly easier to do on those stages with the penalty of like 3-4 frames more lag than this method.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So no auto cancel aerial, just jump up? Man I was being lazy and didn't wanna learn this lol, but I don't wanna fall behind so I'll give this a shot when I have time. Appreciate the instructions tc, I used to press back then forward and I think that was my problem attempting it earlier lol.

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
BIG NEWS on this. I always keep my left trigger bound as jump just for the hell of it, and i tried using that rather than Y or X to attempt the hop on the harder stages and im like tripling my success rate. idk if it has to do with less necessary coordnation but its literally a million times easier for me.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I can't get this tech at all lol, maybe I'll try the trigger but if not I'm not too worried about it. I love me some tricks but I can't use them all as well as everyone else lol

Alter Requiem

Red Panties Ambassador
NNID
AlterRequiem
I can't get this tech at all lol, maybe I'll try the trigger but if not I'm not too worried about it. I love me some tricks but I can't use them all as well as everyone else lol
Are you starting your practice on FD Duckhunt or Dreamland? Its substantially easier on those stages.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
My tech skill has always been crap, even before I became a Charizard main.

Vacuum__Cord

Smash Rookie
Qestion: So after you let go of the ledge, do you jump once, then lean towards to ledge, then jump again, or let go, jump, jump, lean towards ledge?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It's kinda funny how Ganon has like the best Drop Hop in the game, but then it's sorta defeats its own purpose since it's hard to nail it 100% of the time due to how hard it is - hard because it has to be sorta Frame Perfect on many Stages since Ganon's DJ is so bad, thus making it so good for this.
Other characters can do this with ease, but they have to drop down a good bit first which makes it easy to react to it, cuz their DJs are so good, thus making them so bad for this, haha.
My tech skill has always been crap, even before I became a Charizard main.
Stop fishing compliments, Opana. We've all seen how good you are at Footstool Combos.
This tech is a bit hard, but not THAT hard. I press down and jump like at the same time to pull it off.

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
It's kinda funny how Ganon has like the best Drop Hop in the game, but then it's sorta defeats its own purpose since it's hard to nail it 100% of the time due to how hard it is - hard because it has to be sorta Frame Perfect on many Stages since Ganon's DJ is so bad, thus making it so good for this.
Other characters can do this with ease, but they have to drop down a good bit first which makes it easy to react to it, cuz their DJs are so good, thus making them so bad for this, haha.
Stop fishing compliments, Opana. We've all seen how good you are at Footstool Combos.
This tech is a bit hard, but not THAT hard. I press down and jump like at the same time to pull it off.
Footstools are kinda easy for me but I truthfully cannot get this tech to this day lol. I can do things that are kinda difficult but this I just can't grasp lol.

Top Bottom