• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Kirby Hats: Ridley and Inklings spotted!

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Got a decent shot of Kirby's new Inkling and Ridley hats! What do you guys think?

Screen Shot 2018-06-14 at 11.50.23 AM.png

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
I like that kirby gets the ink mechanic too. Does that mean he has to recharge by doing the shield thing and turning into a squid like the inklings?

Spirit Toons

Banned via Warnings
I like that kirby gets the ink mechanic too. Does that mean he has to recharge by doing the shield thing and turning into a squid like the inklings?
I would assume so as he has a tank that’s depleting on the side

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
They showed on Treehouse Live that Inkling Kirby can’t recharge his ink, so, if his ink tank runs out, he instantly loses the ability, much like with Robin Kirby.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I wonder, what about other hats? like does Ganondorf Kirby change to more suit Oot Ganondorf like Zelda? Or does it stay the same like Link?

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Gotta say, not a fan of Zelda's new hat. Her OoT Child hat is classic. I would have preferred she kept that one.

All of the "I just put on a wig to look like the character" hats are a bit boring.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Gotta say, not a fan of Zelda's new hat. Her OoT Child hat is classic. I would have preferred she kept that one.

All of the "I just put on a wig to look like the character" hats are a bit boring.
Never really bugged me honestly. not to mention, some character (Robin etc.) Don't have hat, so what else is Kirby supposed to copy from them?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
It would of been cooler if the Ridley head extended over his eyes. Plus some wings would of been cool.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Did anyone notice a wind tunnel approximately the length of DK's arm when Kirby threw a Giant Punch?

Gildiss

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0103-9270-5127
I would have preferred just wings for the Ridley hat.

Maikou

Smash Ace
Never really bugged me honestly. not to mention, some character (Robin etc.) Don't have hat, so what else is Kirby supposed to copy from them?
Robin's robe/coat has a hood. Maybe Kirby could've copied that, similar to the Ice Climbers' parka hood? I mean, Kirby copies Lucina's mask and the face of Corrin's dragon form instead of their hairstyles, even though Lucina's mask is just a taunt and Corrin doesn't always have their dragon face.

Top Bottom