• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW King Dedede analysis by Soul Train: 100% gordo stick!

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Visit the video here before posting!

So recently, a couple of days ago, Soul Train posted a video analyzing more King Dedede footage from the pre-release build. And let me tell you, no joke, King Dedede is about to be top tier.

100% gordo stick

To put it simply, this means that Gordos will stick to edges 100% of the time they hit a surface instead of a random 50% chance. This allows for kill setups literally every time King Dedede manages to get the opponent offstage.

According to Soul Train, this won't make Dedede top tier....but he's pretty mistaken. Even if he's right, Dedede can't be below C tier this time around.

Aside from that, here's some more good news:

Landing lag has been reduced on all of Dedede's areal moves.
Up throw to up air is a true combo until up about 75%
Jab-jab-down tilt is still a tech, as well as jab-jab-grab.
Hitboxes are improved: Down tilt and up smash no longer have blind spots.
Way less landing lag from up B

All hits of Jab connect, you can no longer roll/shield out of it.

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
What a beautiful amount and quality of changes I see. Not the ones I would've picked, but then again I like super crazy concepts and moves lol.

Except for the 100% Gordo stick. Love how they've turned what was basically a bug into just something the move does. It's intuitive, it's natural, and THIS is how you properly translate bug/exploit into actual full gameplay feature (hint hint PM devs wink wink).

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, Dedede is so amazing in this game now. I can’t wait to play.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The new gordo stick seems like the perfect edgeguard. Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes his playstyle.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
The new gordo stick seems like the perfect edgeguard. Wouldn't be surprised if it becomes his playstyle.
The interesting thing about this is that since there are stages where it doesn't work, counterpicking against D3 may very well involve specifically selecting certain omega/battlefield forms.

I'll be curious to see how that pans out as you can see in the video here: https://youtu.be/Lx-XRHThO50?t=282 that it seems to have issues sticking to FD's edges.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
The interesting thing about this is that since there are stages where it doesn't work, counterpicking against D3 may very well involve specifically selecting certain omega/battlefield forms.

I'll be curious to see how that pans out as you can see in the video here: https://youtu.be/Lx-XRHThO50?t=282 that it seems to have issues sticking to FD's edges.
If Dedede ends up mid/high tier, this could result in stages being banned as a result.

Top Bottom