• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New kill setups

-Voltron-

Smash Rookie
Ive discovered a couple of what could be pretty useful kill setups for fox

The first one is jab cancel->dtilt->upair
The sweet spot of down tilt true combos into upair at kill percents and I've found that a good way to set this up is the first two hits of jab. On Mario this starts killing at about 110% and you can connect the dtilt until about 130%. On sheik it starts killing around 90% and lasts until 140% so it is a lot more effective on certain characters. It's not guaranteed but the window to shield is small so it could be a good mixup out of jab and I have successfully used it at a local I went to

The second is a full hop auto cancelled dair->rar bair
This starts killing Mario at about 100% from the ledge and can be true comboed until 130%. On sheik it starts killing at like 80% from the ledge and can last until around 120% although when you start getting to the higher percents you need to be moving towards your opponent when you land the dair. This one I really think could be useful given a well spaced dair can be safe on shield and I've seen a lot of high level fox players using it more in neutral.

All of the testing I've done has just been on training mode so I'm not sure how di affects these but from what I've done they do work in certain situations.

-Voltron-

Smash Rookie
I haven't seen anybody really go for them so they're new to me and I'm sure some other people

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Training mode also doesn't take rage into account, so these percents only work with no rage.

D-tilt is a good mixup, but like you mentioned it's not guaranteed. If it's shielded, it is quite punishable. A grounded grab release -> D-tilt is another way to set it up against slower characters.

Top Bottom