• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hi! I've been lurking around this thread for a bit, and regarding the Bayonetta glitch, while I'm not sure what to think about this, considering it's related to an attack that summon a separated model (in this case, the fist) and change the texture of the character, the only ARMS character that comes to mind is Dr. Coyle, with her extra arm on the shoulder, and her ability to turn invisible, wich implies a texture change in ARMS during the transition if I correct, especially on the player side where she is only transparent and not totally invisible (I'm not an expert on the matter to be honest). There's also Misango who change color with his masks but let's be honest, with Shulk I don't see him coming at all.

... The problem is that I'm biased toward Coyle to begin with so I'm probably biased about this glitch theory as well.

That said, while I want Dr. Coyle, I do think we'll get Min-Min.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Hi! I've been lurking around this thread for a bit, and regarding the Bayonetta glitch, while I'm not sure what to think about this, considering it's related to an attack that summon a separated model (in this case, the fist) and change the texture of the character, the only ARMS character that comes to mind is Dr. Coyle, with her extra arm on the shoulder, and her ability to turn invisible, wich implies a texture change in ARMS during the transition if I correct, especially on the player side where she is only transparent and not totally invisible (I'm not an expert on the matter to be honest). There's also Misango who change color with his masks but let's be honest, with Shulk I don't see him coming at all.

... The problem is that I'm biased toward Coyle to begin with so I'm probably biased about this glitch theory as well.

That said, while I want Dr. Coyle, I do think we'll get Min-Min.
I always thought Twintelle was the no brainer for being based on Bayo but ONLY if we are allowed to say Banjo and Kazooie and Hero were based on Duck Hunt and Mii Swordie respectively. Either way it's 95% guaranteed it probably doesn't mean much as it just doesn't make much sense but if we are talking a character who solely changed some form of a texture, I don't know if that would really warrant a glitch as chances are the character wouldn't only be based on Bayo and would have more than just a texture change suggesting that glitches about happen with other characters. Then again I honestly know nothing about coding and the like aside from the really basic basics so I am probably completely missing something.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I always thought Twintelle was the no brainer for being based on Bayo but ONLY if we are allowed to say Banjo and Kazooie and Hero were based on Duck Hunt and Mii Swordie respectively. Either way it's 95% guaranteed it probably doesn't mean much as it just doesn't make much sense but if we are talking a character who solely changed some form of a texture, I don't know if that would really warrant a glitch as chances are the character wouldn't only be based on Bayo and would have more than just a texture change suggesting that glitches about happen with other characters. Then again I honestly know nothing about coding and the like aside from the really basic basics so I am probably completely missing something.
It is possible for one character to use a logical base, and for the end result to actually be someone completely different than what was previously thought. For all we know it could be Lola Pop or Coyle instead of Twintelle.

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Despite no proof its said that Banjo was based on Ridley.
Tbf BK have way more similarities to Ridley than DH. Ridley isn't a biped which fits Banjo better and it's a lot more feasible to imagine Kazooie being used with Ridleys wings in mind and barring the wings there is the Down Smash and dair and others. Banjo also fits his build better too. The only duck hunt similarities which would really qualify it being used as a base are Fair, bair and to some extent nair. The duck and dog combo probably doesn't mean much as a base as it isn't really mechanical. Like I said though I don't know much. I'd personally expect telle if Bayo is a base although others can be plausible too. That's under the assumption that this is actually what it means and an even larger assumption that it means anything in the first place which like I have said, I'm doubtful of.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah, it probably isn't related to the ARMS character anyway. Also I just wonder if Bayonetta is the only case of texture changing (outside of the face of some characters, such as Villagers and Isabelle). Maybe Dark Samus have some too? Incineroar with his counter, although I believe it's different, and it's a texture added?

Anyway, I'm really hoping to see Coyle, I believe there's potential to have a unique fighter, different from other long range characters such as Simon and Byleth, thanks to her floatiness. She could have aerial stats akin to Kirby (low fall speed but good control), whereas Simon and Byleth tend to fall quickly but cannot really change direction without a double jump. Basically thanks to this, she could be very Dhalism-like. This and her unique Arms and abilities of course.

Every Arms characters have the potential to be unique, though :p

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
> it probably isn't related to the ARMS character anyway
I've been of half the mind that it would be a female character, but it's impossible to narrow down who it is.

The other half thinks it would be Dante, for the silliest reason of both Bayo and him wielding dual guns.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
> it probably isn't related to the ARMS character anyway
I've been of half the mind that it would be a female character, but it's impossible to narrow down who it is.

The other half thinks it would be Dante, for the silliest reason of both Bayo and him wielding dual guns.
i admit when I first heard of this glitch I thought (and hoped) it would be for Elma ngl

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I can safely say we shouldn't expect any Ultimate news until next month (as if that was ever in doubt).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

They must have an algorithm spitting out character traits to use for these things, at this point.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, I can safely say we shouldn't expect any Ultimate news until next month (as if that was ever in doubt).

They must have an algorithm spitting out character traits to use for these things, at this point.
or they haven't negotiated for new guest spirits yet

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

i think they just ask the person who was coming up with our splafest themes

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
or they haven't negotiated for new guest spirits yet
Likely, and boy you sure can tell they're stalling. At this rate we'll have an event for characters that don't have legs or feet.

i think they just ask the person who was coming up with our splafest themes
Shame there aren't many characters with ketchup and mayo, that would have been a fun one.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Also...

This argument is given more credit than I think we'd actually get to see in Smash.

Yes, Min Min can kick, but...
  1. Some other characters could be given kicks as well and still have the overall moveset make sense. Ribbon Girl and Ninjara are good examples. Min Min is just the only case where a kick move can affect gameplay in ways other than being a kick, due to their use as a deflector in ARMS.
  2. Given that the main thing about the moveset of any ARMS character would be the, well, ARMS, I don't expect a ton of rapid short-ranged moves, which is what Min Min's kicks would classify as. They'd be there, but they wouldn't be plentiful because giving a lot of short-range options to someone with great range can cause an unbalance.
Not that I don't think it's a bad idea. Just that Min Min would still have the vast majority of the moveset be based around the ARMS because the kicks, just like in ARMS, would be kept to a minimum.

And besides, if Sakurai chooses Min Min, I very much doubt her ability to kick would be a factor. It'd be because of her popularity and her Dragon Arm.
First, I don't think any one point should be considered in isolation. Kicking on it's own doesn't mean much since a lot of characters do it. But those in conjunction with other factors (such as her popularity and unique traits like the Dragon Arm), make her stand out amoung the rest.

Just a note on the kicking. Some characters do punch and kick when they normally wouldn't. Ike and Shulk both do this. However, they are only in very limited capacities. Some of the other ARMS characters could kick but it would be weird to have more than a move be a kick since it's not something any of them do besides Min Min. She will use her ARMS mostly, yes, but the reason this helps is that the character can do more than have long range. There are so many characters with long range abilities that just that wouldn't make a great character.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

I find it a little sus that 2/3s of the periodic characters are from Xenoblade when Pyra and Mythra's tiaras aren't the first or even fifth thing I associate with them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I find it a little sus that 2/3s of the periodic characters are from Xenoblade when Pyra and Mythra's tiaras aren't the first or even fifth thing I associate with them.
There's only one Xenoblade character there.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There's only one Xenoblade character there.
Well, actually you can see there are three periodically appearing Spirits if you check the link. One of them is Peachette and the other two are Pyra and Mythra.

Though, I doubt it means anything. They could've just put them because they are popular or high leveled Spirits or something.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Don't get me started about the time they did a spirit event for characters with tails and they missed out Tails.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Another point to add for supposed moveset limitations: :ultlittlemac: has nothing but punches for offensive moves, and it still works for the type of fighter he is.

That said...

Good to see that even PushDustIn PushDustIn sees this as likely.

Well, actually you can see there are three periodically appearing Spirits if you check the link. One of them is Peachette and the other two are Pyra and Mythra.

Though, I doubt it means anything. They could've just put them because they are popular or high leveled Spirits or something.
Or they simply use an algorithm that randomly picks what spirits to use for an event. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen Culdra of all people in here.

I doubt that the spirit team does more than the bare mininum of effort for any events that don't introduce new spirits.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
A little part of me still thinks that it won't be just one character coming over from how they showed the whole freaking cast.

Unless that means all of them will appear in the stage background.

Staarih

Smash Master
A little part of me still thinks that it won't be just one character coming over from how they showed the whole freaking cast.

Seeing how the cameos for Terry’s and Byleth’s stages were handled, I wouldn’t be surprised of similar cameos for the ARMS fighters.

But yeah, I too can’t help but think there’s something fishy about how the character was revealed. Whether it has to do with the character itself being unconventional (as in, multiple in one or something) or the development cycle or what, I’m not sure. Fortunately June is right around the corner!

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
But yeah, I too can’t help but think there’s something fishy about how the character was revealed. Whether it has to do with the character itself being unconventional (as in, multiple in one or something) or the development cycle or what, I’m not sure. Fortunately June is right around the corner!
So, I'm not the only one who's had this notion for a while now, huh?

After watching this video, I've been feeling more and more enticed by the idea of the ARMS character being multiple people in one.

Seeing how the cameos for Terry’s and Byleth’s stages were handled, I wouldn’t be surprised of similar cameos for the ARMS fighters.

A'la King of Fighters Stadium, right?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

It's definitely weird, but at least it shouldn't be too long until this mystery is finally solved and the game of Guess Who? ends so that we can move on to the next fighter.

I've been open to the idea as well, but we don't know for sure if Nintendo and Sak thought of it until the showcase airs.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

I'm still suspecting the Hero route with Spring Man-Ribbon Girl-Ninjara-Minmin.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe bigger than that. Unlike with Hero, the only main issue is numbers in this case (8 at the very maximum). Even if they could somehow work around the ones with more unusual body shapes and/or abilities, they won't fit in all 15 fighters because of the number limit, so 8 might be doable (especially since one of them is a robot knockoff).

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I kind of don't see how the Hero gimmick would work for the Arms characters besides Spring Man and Ribbon Girl because everyone else is very different sizes right?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maybe bigger than that. Unlike with Hero, the only main issue is numbers in this case (8 at the very maximum). Even if they could somehow work around the ones with more unusual body shapes and/or abilities, they won't fit in all 15 fighters because of the number limit, so 8 might be doable (especially since one of them is a robot knockoff).
If eight the other four could be

Misango, Kid Cobra, Springtron and Dr. Coyle.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I managed to come across a video for a potential moveset for 3 separate ARMS characters. I don't know what anyone's opinion on this guy is, but I think it's pretty solid.

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
The heights of the ARMS characters are these: Spring Man 182cm, Ribbon Girl 169 cm, Ninjara 179 cm, Master Mummy 231 cm, Mechanica 234 cm or 158 cm, Min Min 167 cm, Twintelle 180cm, Kid Cobra 183 cm, Byte 189 cm, Helix 30 cm to 250cm, Max Brass 195 cm, Lola Pop 173 cm, Misango 192 cm, Springtron 182 cm and Dr.Coyle 176 cm

Personally I can't see Master Mummy, Mechanica, Kid Cobra, Helix, Max Brass and Misango as alts because their proportions are too much different to Spring Man or any of the other characters, and there's Dr.Coyle who is always floating and Twintelle who fight with her hair so I can't see them being alts neither.

It would be strange for me to see Ninjara as a skin too because his standing pose never is straight in ARMS, but idk.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wouldn’t hurtboxes be a little disjointed between each character too? Spring Man has a long torso but smol legs, while Ribbon Girl has longer legs and a shorter torso. and then there’s whatever Helix is

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Wouldn’t hurtboxes be a little disjointed between each character too? Spring Man has a long torso but smol legs, while Ribbon Girl has longer legs and a shorter torso. and then there’s whatever Helix is
Their idle animations and stances would also have to be taken into account.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Their idle animations and stances would also have to be taken into account.
The boy and girl Inkling have different idle animations, but to be fair they have the same skeleton. The different ARMS characters would have different skeletons

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Same here. You know, I always hear people say that if the ARMS character ends up being Spring Man as a solo act, it would be really anti-climactic.

But, I don't know... with the way the teaser was presented to us, I feel like it would be a tad... disappointing if ANY of the characters we get (i.e. Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Min Min, Twintelle, etc.) end up being a solo act.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not holding my breath for a Hero situation to come to pass, but still...

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well hero was meant to have eight, but due to time and smaller teams it didnt happen so it probably wont be happening for someone else

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'd say that Spring Man, Spring Tron, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Misango and Min Min could conceivably share a skeleton given how it's not the first time that characters have been modified to fit a templere in smash (see Lucina getting stretched to Marth's size, Male Robin shrinking to female Robin's ect. ect.)

Max Brass and Master Mummy are too swole, Helix Byte and Kid Kobra have odd bodies, Twintelle has two addtional limbs, Lola pop has the baggiest of clown pants and Dr Coyle's got shoulders almost as big as her ego

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd say that Spring Man, Spring Tron, Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Misango and Min Min could conceivably share a skeleton given how it's not the first time that characters have been modified to fit a templere in smash (see Lucina getting stretched to Marth's size, Male Robin shrinking to female Robin's ect. ect.)

Max Brass and Master Mummy are too swole, Helix Byte and Kid Kobra have odd bodies, Twintelle has two addtional limbs, Lola pop has the baggiest of clown pants and Dr Coyle's got shoulders almost as big as her ego
More the reason I think the Hero treatment is more likely.

And Springtron replacing Spring Man's role as an assist.

Or better yet...

Watch Sakurai surprise us and that Springtron is the fighter we get stating "Spring Man couldn't make the cut, so here's the closest we could get to adding the mascot into the roster".

Last edited:
Top Bottom