• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
I think we're getting 8 characters as alts: I'm hoping for Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Ninjala, Mechanica, Dr. Coyle, Twintelle and Max Brass. They could even have an echo just to get all 15 in (though I don't expect that).
For stage, the DNA Lab, Kid Cobra's or Min Min's stage would be nice choices.
Just remember, ARMS Main Theme is in Smash!!!!
Oh. GUYS!

Remember that Bayonetta visual glitch from 7.0.0? The one where Bayonetta's bodysuit doesn't shrink whenever she uses her Wicked Weaves? I think that narrows down who might be the lucky ARMS fighter!
You may be onto something here... Something about a certain cinema star...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If it is a BowJou or hero situation that would cross out fan favorite Twintelle but she is one of the characters who'd line up with the Bayo glitch theory

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I think we're getting 8 characters as alts: I'm hoping for Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, Ninjala, Mechanica, Dr. Coyle, Twintelle and Max Brass. They could even have an echo just to get all 15 in (though I don't expect that).
For stage, the DNA Lab, Kid Cobra's or Min Min's stage would be nice choices.
Just remember, ARMS Main Theme is in Smash!!!!

You may be onto something here... Something about a certain cinema star...
As much as I'd love to see the whole cast get in there, I think characters like Mechanica, Helix, Master Mummy, Max Brass, etc would be either too big or oherwise just have too different of a body type to be an alt/echo.

If it is a BowJou or hero situation that would cross out fan favorite Twintelle but she is one of the characters who'd line up with the Bayo glitch theory
If Bayo is the next character being used as a base, then Twintelle would certainly fit the bill being the most similar in body type.

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Holy moly, I FINALLY MADE A THREAD FOR A CHARACTER WHO GOT INTO THE GAME!

Question is, who will the fighter be?
The MC is an Assist Trophy so will he get promoted?
Or will it be one of the fan favorites?
I'm gonna go with a new character, not in smash yet.

Dr. Coyle would be sick but Clown Girl is my favorite from a visual standpoint.

Attachments

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I wouldn't put faith into the glitch theory when the Mii Swordfighter and Duck Hunt thing was merely coincidental, as Ridley of all characters was used as Banjo-Kazooie's base.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Regardless of who it will be, I'm so pumped we'll finally get ARMS music

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I wouldn't put faith into the glitch theory when the Mii Swordfighter and Duck Hunt thing was merely coincidental, as Ridley of all characters was used as Banjo-Kazooie's base.
Wait what? Ridley was BK's base? Not at all what one would have expected, but that's usually the case with Smash isn't it?

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
....I certainly wasn't expecting this.
An ARMS character wasn't particularly anywhere on my wishlist.

But
Man.
Whoever it ends up being, this has to be the most excited I've been for a DLC character yet.
It primarily stems from the fact that this is the first DLC character whose game I've actually played, but I cannot wait to see who they've chosen. I'm in the group of people who think that multiple characters will end up being alts of eachother, but we shall see.

But seriously, congratulations to you all. This came out of complete left field for me, but in the best way possible.
I welcome the stretchy jank the fighter(s) will bring us with open ARMS.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Let's review the history of Smash DLC Glitch Prophecies:

3.0.0: Joker was released. Mii Swordfighter had some freeze glitches and a metallic sound was datamined, which was similar to Link's shield. These would ultimately point signs to the Hero.

4.0.0: The Heroes were released. A new glitch with Duck Hunt freezing was a true sign that Banjo was coming, even though we already knew he was coming after Hero. And as Nelson mentioned, Ridley of all characters was used as a base for the character.

5.0.0: Banjo and Kazooie were released. We knew Terry was coming at that time, but no glitches were found that were related to him. On that regard, though, if I had to guess, it would have had to do with the SF characters. Mainly Ken.

6.0.0: Terry was released. The Belmonts were discovered to have a glitch involving their Forward Smash, which used a whip. Byleth would then be revealed, using the Sword of the Creator, a whip sword.

7.0.0: Byleth was released. Bayonetta has a visual glitch involving Wicked Weaves, as I mentioned before.

So while perhaps, the Miis and Duck Hunt were coincidental as Nelson mentioned before, the Link Shield and Belmont whips were still some telltale hints at the next Fighter. What's up in the air is whether this is an ARMS character that hasn't appeared in Smash, an AT promotion or a Spirit promotion.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Interesting thing is, even if they go for the "boring" choice of Spring Man that will still be a huge event.

He'll be the first AT to be promoted in the same game he was introduced.
Incidentally, I think his AT will be changed to Springtron if that's the case.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, how would you guys rank the likelihood of specific ARMS rep from most likely to least likely? I feel that could be quite a list to think about, or not at all. I don't have much experience with the games, but I feel like I have a general list in mind.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Coming by to wish you guys a congratulations. ARMS was an IP that needed a boost like this, and whomever it turns out to be, I bet will at least be a fun character to play.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Honestly, if Spring Man did get promoted to a full-fledged Fighter from Assist Trophy, he would be in a similar situation to Ryu in SSB4. Ryu was vehemently opposed to in the SSB4 days, with fans wanting Chun-Li or Guile more, but when Ryu came out, he was undoubtedly the most unique newcomer in that whole roster. Spring Man would be that same situation: people would, no, are passing him over in favor of characters they like more (Twintelle, Dr. Coyle, Min Min, etc.), but if he did join the fight as a new fighter, he'd no doubt be extra unique.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
'Grats guys. I'll admit Springman wasn't who I thought would be promoted but i'm excited regardless.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
The Top 3 I think are most likely excluding Spring Man on an AT premise (though he could be the first to break it)

Min Min
Won the in-game popularity/fighting contest, is apparently the favourite of one of the main devs, fan-favourite, can kick and punch, dragon arm can make for interesting specials (and my personal fave)

Ribbon Girl
Sakurai heavily favours the 'protagonist' rule and she's on the cover + heavily featured alongside Spring Man. We know Mii Costumes can exist alongside fighters. People who don't know Arms well still likely know Spring Man and Ribbon Girl from sight, also pretty popular.

Helix
He could be the perfect 'weird' pick and feels like a character Sakurai would love, with crazy jiggle and jelly-like moves. Would stand out for sure. Had some decent memes when the game was new

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
YES! im so hyped to have an arms character in smash (unless its twintelle never liked her) this ought to put a few deconfirmation theories to bed. but who could it be? springman is the obvious one, min min was named fan favourite, hmm cant wait to see who it, which stage they bring and the music they bring as well

and here was me thinking the next character would be some 3rd party whos game i try to avoid

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Congrats guys! Sucks the wait is for about 3 more months still before we know the character but exciting nonetheless!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
"15"

Uh no guys, there's 14 possible options. They're not putting in Springtron before Spring Man.

...that said, I think it's totally possible for them to reskin Spring Man's assist trophy into Springtron for the blue boi to join Smash.

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
It's either one fighter with multiple skins like Hero or the Koopalings, or a character from an upcoming DLC expansion or ARMS 2.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
"15"

Uh no guys, there's 14 possible options. They're not putting in Springtron before Spring Man.

...that said, I think it's totally possible for them to reskin Spring Man's assist trophy into Springtron for the blue boi to join Smash.
This is a legit good point I didn't think of. That would fix the spirit issue if they didnt just want to upgrade it too

Icana

Smash Apprentice
I'm very biased towards Min Min, as she is my favorite from this cast by far, but here's why I'm incredibly hopeful the Arms character rep is the Ramen Bomber!

First of all, she is the winner of last year's Party Crash Bash, defeating immensely popular characters including Twintelle, Springtron, and Ninjara!

What better way to see these artworks come to life than in a CGI movie showing the Party Crash Bash play-out with the Ramen Bomber coming out on top during the June direct and releasing near or at the time of Arms third anniversary, the same time this Party Crash tournament concluded!

Also... Arms' producer, Kosuke Yabuki, is on the record on saying his favorite character is Spring Man and Min Min. He's mentioned this in various interviews, but here one from 2018:

"This is more of a silly question I guess, but who's your favorite fighter and arms combination?

KY: So if we're talking about just who I've played the most for a character, I'd say it's Spring Man for sure. The standard Spring Man with the two toasters is actually, just in terms of numbers, that's probably the set up I play with the most. It's very ingrained in me at this point.

And then talking about maybe just purely from like a favorite standpoint, I would say Min Min as well. I've said that quite a few times I think in interviews when I get asked that too, usually Min Min. I think part of that, kind of the joke answer to why Min Min is because I really like ramen. But maybe the game-related reason is also with her left arm being able to power up into that bigger dragon arm. She has aspects that other characters don't have."

Source: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/arms-postmortem-interview-kosuke-yabuki-twintelle

Why is this relevant? Well, because if the Fire Emblem stuff isn't evidence enough, insider influence on top of popular demand plays a role in influencing Sakurai's decision in choosing a character to turn into a fighter for Smash.

Now that said, Twintelle has shown to be popular, in the west, on social media. The factors that play into that are many, be it ethnicity, big butts, or what have you. A certain forum hasn't been shy in displaying their desire for Smash to have more characters with darker skin.

But Min Min is also a female character, so I think she will still manage play well to that western crowd who also think Smash needs more women in general.

That said, I don't like or care for political stances. The 'PoC' character I favor is Elma from XenoX, but that's largely influenced by the fact that I'm a huge fan of Hiroyuki Sawano, the composer for her game.

And of course, as my avatar suggests, my most wanted character, by far, is Isaac from Golden Sun. That is the game I cherished most growing up, and that character was my bridge to that world.

So yeah, I think Min Min has a strong chance to be fighter 7 here. I'm super excited and hopeful that it is her. I've described why she's my favorite of the ARMS cast in the newcomer thread dedicated to her. If the DLC fighter is Min Min, she will be the first newcomer in Smash Ultimate I'll be legit excited for and would main instantly.

If the fighter ends up being someone else from ARMS, well, it'd be a bitter pill to swallow, but I'll be happy for those who got what they want. But for now, I shall be optimistic for the Ramen Bomber. Let's go, Min Min!!!!

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
I want Springman so we can start breaking assist trophies free. I've wanted Shadow since Sonic joined in Brawl

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just realised, I've now got the clean up the front page.

This may take a while given how many images are broken.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Do we have anything hinting at an ARMS 2 right now?
Nothing as far as I know. Only clue is some fighter codenames that didn't end up being used in the first.

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
My thoughts on every ARMS characters' possible inclusion:

Spring Man
His inclusion as an Assist Trophy gives an opportunity to break a fan rule, which would make for a fun and even a little surprising trailer. However, his role as the milquetoast main character would equally take away from the excitement. Middle of the road in terms of likeliness.

Ribbon Girl
Her innate abilities, multiple jumps and fast fall, fit Smash like a glove. However, other female ARMS characters outshine her in popularity. Like Spring Man, middle of the road in terms of likeliness.

Ninjara
Placed 2nd in the final Party Crash, so the popularity's there. However, can Smash afford to add a third ninja before a pirate? Also, Ninjara is very elusive and wants to often get close, which is kinda at odds with the uniqueness an ARMS character would bring to Smash as a long-ranged melee fighter. A little above Spring Man and Ribbon Girl in likeliness.

Master Mummy
Could bring a very unique playstyle as a long-ranged heavy who doesn't have to approach because he can heal at will. Not among the most popular characters however, so not very likely. Perhaps the unlikeliest.

Min Min
Winner of the final Party Crash, basically making her the most popular ARMS character. Her trademark kicks and projectile spewing Dragon Arm would naturally allow her a more varied Smash moveset than many other ARMS fighters. The most likely pick in my opinion.

Mechanica
Relies on her mech suit to be able to compete with others in ARMS instead of the natural ability, which would make her inclusion feel... wrong somehow? Not very likely.

Twintelle
Among the most popular characters. Would also tick a very important box for some, being the first black female fighter in Smash (discounting alts) if included. Also uses her hair to fight, which would allow for some very unique animations. Just behind Min Min in likeliness.

Byte & Barq
Their role as a pair character would step on the toes of Ice Climbers a little. In ARMS, Barq is also very much bound to the ground, which could make her inclusion in an air-heavy game like Smash somewhat problematic. Not very popular either, and thus not very likely.

Kid Cobra
A cool character that could bring his own unique flair if he'd take his snakeboard to Smash as a special move or something. Being among the more popular male characters also increases his chances. Maybe around Spring Man in likeliness?

Helix
Would be a cool pick. His weird and funny special abilities would feel right at home in a wacky party game like Smash, but I could also see them being difficult to implement. Not a very likely pick though.

Max Brass
Would bring with him many of the same tricks as Spring Man, but his boastful and macho personality give him more appeal. If we assume each fighter would be paired with their own stage, I feel Max's would make the most sense in Smash. Competes with Ninjara for the spot of the most likely male character.

Lola Pop
She is the most likable clown ever, but I don't know if that has anything to do with her chances. One of her gimmicks is being able to move while shielding, which would be very interesting to see in Smash. Maybe she could have some original clown-inspired moves in Smash like juggling balls. I want to say she's the likeliest of the not very likely.

Misango
I feel that Misango would step on the toes of Shulk as a character that can change his attributes at will. His ARMS are the only ones with the damage-over-time poison element, which is unique in his own game, but not as much in Smash if you count things like Lip's Stick, Eiha and some Assists. Not very likely.

Springtron
Even though he has his own EMP gimmick, I think he'll only get in as a Spring Man skin or Echo. Thus, like Spring Man, he's middle of the road in terms of likeliness.

Dr. Coyle
My absolute number 1 pick. Would tick off the coveted box of unique female villain. Made a moveset for her and everything. Sadly I don't see her as a very likely pick as she isn't among ARMS' most recognizable faces, being released as the last DLC character when the general public had already moved on from the game. Her theme better make it in however or so help me...

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'll be Dr. Coyle for life because she's so badass, but I'd be happy with Min-Min, Twintelle, and Mechanica as well, though I do really like Ribbon Girl.

Arms as a game isn't something I was super into but as a world it has awesome characters and music and it was a bummer that it seemed for a while that it would fall by the wayside. Glad that's not the case and it's cool we're getting a Switch-era IP represented!

Anyway...Coyle Gang.

Team Scorpion

Smash Cadet
Rather indifferent with Arms joining. Never played those games, but whatever. However, digging around, its seems a character named "Twintelle" is one of the most desired outside of the main character... Spring Man? Either way, I'm willing to put a dollar down and bet on it being Twintelle. Why?

Well, I'm going to play this card. I don't want to. I HATE playing this card. And I don't support the reasoning behind it either. But why do I think Twintelle will be the Arms rep?

Not because she's popular. Not because she's a good character (I have no idea... is she?). Not because she's a she. But because she's a colored she. Smash doesn't have a single black character on its roster. She seems popular (again, never played nor interacted with Arms fans, but just a quick search gave me that info) and would work. Again, I do not support adding a character simply because of their skin tone, but in today's world... it will happen. Nor am I against adding her because of her skin tone... I don't know, she could be the best fighter in the Arms game, but I have a gut feeling she'll make it in and that will be the underlying reason why but it won't be said out loud.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Finally, some good f*****g Nintendo characters!

In all seriousness though, I do sincerely hope Dr. Coyle ends up being in because she's the coolest of the ARMS characters, although I totally see Min Min added instead. I wouldn't mind her, not at all actually! But I like Dr. Coyle the most out of the cast of ARMS (and Min Min is my favorite among the OG cast).

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
There's not much chance of them doing this (and within ARMS there's not really any justification for it), but I'd love to see a Pokemon Trainer esque transformation mechanic that would allow for multiple characters from the game to play as. Being able to switch from Twintelle to Helix to Min Min, etc would be pretty cool.

Then again, I think I want that just so for the chance lob the lame insult of "Huh, and here I thought the only clown in Smash was Lola Pop" towards my friends when playing.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I’m excited for Arms getting a character in Smash!

I am hoping it will be like the Hero situation where there are four Arms characters.

If it is just two Arms characters, I am hoping for Spring Man and Ribbon Girl as they will break some fan rules regarding character disconfirmations.

If it is four, add Min Min and Ninjara to the mix.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
With today's announcement, I decided to peruse the ARMS wiki a bit and it seems someone is getting a bit ahead of themselves.

Screenshot (16)_LI.jpg
Not that I'd mind Dr. Coyle, but that's just straight up misinformation that they're putting onto a wiki.

Edit: And just as quick, that line has been thankfully deleted.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Let it be known!

I voted for Ribbon girl from the start.
Let’s go Ribby!!

If it comes to a Hero situation, which I doubt it, it’ll come to Spring Man and Ribbon Girl at most, and Ninjara replaces Spring Man when he’s on the field (or replace him altogether).

So glad to get a rep from arms. It’s like one of the five 1st party characters I support, even though I’ve never played it.

Top Bottom