• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Not too bad for a seemingly "forgotten" game.

By the way, i'd like to be a supporter for an ARMs rep, Min Min specificaly (though Helix would be tons of fun to watch wiggle around).

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Nice to see that ARMS is still getting some support, even if the grand prize is $25 of Nintendo Gold points
Weren't comparable prizes given for frigging Tetris? Seems like nearly every Nintendo game with competitive online multiplayer has had a turn with one of these, but it's still good to see ARMS isn't an exception.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Nice to see that ARMS is still getting some support, even if the grand prize is $25 of Nintendo Gold points
2500 Gold Points!?! That's 2499 more points then I have!

Also, yeah, I'd be cool with an Arms rep. It'll probably be Spring Man, but I'd be okay with Twintelle, Helix, or Lola Pop.

Staarih

Smash Master
Hmm, for some reason I couldn't find this thread yesterday to post about this, but anyway - super cool to see an event happening for ARMS after all this silence. I guess the time of quarantine is a good time as any to hop in on some older Switch titles. And also goes to show ARMS isn't completely forgotten about, which is a plus in itself.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
This thread should be bumped because
We're getting an ARMS fighter, but it doesn't say who.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I was looking for this thread! I am excited. I kinda gave up on ARMS after seeing the AT, Mii costume, and all the spirits. But it seems like this pass may ignore all base game "rules"

Now, who will it be? I really want Twintale myself, but I can see Ribbon Girl making it in. Spring man can happen too and break the AT rule.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Coming from the Isaac thread to congratulate you guys. Hoping it's Springman so he can extend his hand to help out other ATs :p

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
An ARMS character is SO hype, I lost hope with Springman being an assist but I cannot wait for the ARMS character.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Some people are thinking it could be a Hero situation, where we could get 4 characters as alts. I can even see it as a Bowser Jr. Situation, where we get 8 ARMS fighters! Honestly I know every fighter is a bit unique, but I could see them giving us 4 Alts.

Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and Ninjara. Those seem to be the 4 most popular.

I would love Twintelle but if these are alts her model would be too different

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Congrats to you guys from the Geno thread. One that is both Spring Man and Ribbon Girl as alts would be really easy to make since they're so similar.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey all. I'm just dropping by to congrats all you supporters in getting an ARMS rep in. Whoever it is I hope he/she is as you hope and expected. :)

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I was looking for this thread! I am excited. I kinda gave up on ARMS after seeing the AT, Mii costume, and all the spirits. But it seems like this pass may ignore all base game "rules"

Now, who will it be? I really want Twintale myself, but I can see Ribbon Girl making it in. Spring man can happen too and break the AT rule.
Oh my god, depending on who it is.... More than likely, we can FINALLY put to rest the stupid “Spirits can’t be Fighters” argument!

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I expect this character to drop at the beginning of June, since at the end of June, the Pokémon DLC is planned, and they probably don't want it to be released at the same time. Maybe the character will drop after the "E3" presentation? (At least, when E3 was supposed to be)

Shenryu64

Smash Rookie
I am so happy with this announcement, they were one of my most wanted in base game and I didn't expect any of them because of the previous DLCs, I will second them for sure :)

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
All logical choices for this character are Spirits already, so I will go and put my money on ?? Maybe Helix? He would be very unique and outstanding, at least.

ancara22

Smash Apprentice
Well, this is unexpected for sure. But still, depending on who is revealed, season 2 of DLC is about to get a LOT more fun and interesting to discuss for sure.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Just coming in here to say congrats! I wasn't expecting it, but now I think an ARMS rep will be cool. I had thought their chances died with the base game, so this is a pleasant surprise

Dukefire

Smash Master
Here are the 15 challengers that are going for the invitation.
Screenshot_20200326-093028_YouTube.jpg

Just be weary of curveballs in case Nintendo changes the game.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Just saw the Direct Mini, and holy ****! It's so refreshing to go back here after being shot down by the Spring Man Assist Trophy! We did it, guys!

Also, it's so difficult to think who's the lucky ARMS fighter out of the 15. Misango was unique enough. Why not go with him?

Dukefire

Smash Master
I can follow since I didn't really play ARMS, but Sakurai and Nintendo has a way to curve the results on the same target everyone is reaching for.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So...Are we getting a "76 - ARMS Fighter" board before it's revealed who it is?

Dukefire

Smash Master
They may announce which ARMS character(s) are getting in before Summer arrives. Possibly in May or Mid-April? Who knows.....

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
I'm so happy. While Dr. Coyle is my most wanted, I'll be satisfied with whoever it's gonna be. We'll get an ARMS character, an ARMS stage and frickin' ARMS music in Smash and that's the most important thing.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Honestly, how the Smash News (in Nintendo Direct Mini) arrived and now who is Challenger 6 from ARMS? I feel this video fits the current situation.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So... an ARMS character is confirmed for FP6. We just don’t know which one.

I still kinda doubt Spring Man as he’s an AT. Granted, Chrom is playable while still also being in Robin’s Final Smash and victory screen, and Mario appears in one of PP’s victory screens. There’s also some ATs disabled on stages, like Alucard for stages with reflections or the Moon on Mementos. But... I just dunno.

ribbon girl could happen, and it would be a beacon of hope for Rex, Cuphead and the like

it could be a Spirit promotion too, and Min Min and Twintelle, ARMS’s two most popular characters, are Spirits so if any promotion were to happen I think they’d be the easiest

or they could go with someone who’s neither. Only ppl that come to mind are Mechanica (breaking the “no side characters before protagonist” rule) and Dr. Coyle (breaking the “no villains before the heroes” rule)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Oh. GUYS!

Remember that Bayonetta visual glitch from 7.0.0? The one where Bayonetta's bodysuit doesn't shrink whenever she uses her Wicked Weaves? I think that narrows down who might be the lucky ARMS fighter!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Oh. GUYS!

Remember that Bayonetta visual glitch from 7.0.0? The one where Bayonetta's bodysuit doesn't shrink whenever she uses her Wicked Weaves? I think that narrows down who might be the lucky ARMS fighter!
Don't...give me hope. The only person that can reasonably fit Bayo's frame left that isn't a spirit (unless they mess things around for Lola Pop) is Dr. Coyle, and she's on my never-ever list.

cover3.jpg

Staarih

Smash Master
I totally missed out on a Direct Mini and we get an ARMS character announced in Smash??
I can’t believe it, one of my favorite Switch games which I figured was impossible because of Spring Man AT etc. I’m happy with any pick from that fantastic game.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Holy moly, I FINALLY MADE A THREAD FOR A CHARACTER WHO GOT INTO THE GAME!

Question is, who will the fighter be?
The MC is an Assist Trophy so will he get promoted?
Or will it be one of the fan favorites?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Holy moly, I FINALLY MADE A THREAD FOR A CHARACTER WHO GOT INTO THE GAME!

Question is, who will the fighter be?
The MC is an Assist Trophy so will he get promoted?
Or will it be one of the fan favorites?
COngrats! I still have yet to hit one myself.

I have a feeling its going 2 ways. we either get 1 character, or we have a Hero/Bowser Jr Situation where alts are characters.

If its Just 1, Either we get a promotion of Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, or Min Min, Or we get Dr Coyle as the Main villain getting in first.

If its a Hero situation, which I feel is more likely, then its Spring Man, Ribbon Girl, Min Min, and Probably Ninjara. we could get a Bowser Jr and every alt is different, in that case I see Dr COyel, Lola Pop, Springton, and Misango.

andree123

Smash Ace
So what's up, I'm gonna bet that the Arms rep would be Spring man but there is a chance that Sakurai is choosing his favorite Arms character.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Well this was completely unexpected which as always is par for the course when it comes to Nintendo. A welcome surprise to be sure though.

The fact they came out and said it's an Arms character, but didn't tell us who makes me think we may be getting a Hero situation. Something along the lines of Spring Man (poster boy), Ribbon Girl (poster girl), Ninjara and Min Min (two of, if not the two, most popular characters.)

Though given today's sudden mini direct and the general unexpected nature of the curve balls we get thrown, I could also see either A) One of the DLC fighters for Arms also being the Smash DLC. Or B) An even bigger curvevall of "It's actually none of these! Introducing "x" from Arms 2 and/or further expansions to Arms again!"

Gosh darn it. :ultgreninja:'d by zferolie

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Will just say, I have seen some people suspect that the character in question will go full promotion for a hypothetical ARMS 2 and pick someone entirely new. I doubt that would be the case though, as they seemed to have narrowed down the potential fighters to the original roster of 15.

I don't doubt an arms 2 though. This and the demo feels like build up to something.

M00NFIRE94

Smash Ace
I've been wanting to see Dr. Coyle in this for awhile but I can see Mechanica being a fun addition also. Game could use more heavyweights.

Top Bottom