• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Who do y'all expect to come after the Arms rep? I expect either Crash or Geno.
Depends on what this pass's theme is. Last pass, we got third parties mixed with recent releases. Unfortunately, since we only know about the ARMS rep, we can't say for certain just yet.

But if you want MY personal predictions, I could see Rex and/or Euden being added, assuming the ARMS rep isn't the only first-party, which could totally happen because nobody knows how to predict Nintendo, not even Nintendo themselves.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Depends on what this pass's theme is. Last pass, we got third parties mixed with recent releases. Unfortunately, since we only know about the ARMS rep, we can't say for certain just yet.

But if you want MY personal predictions, I could see Rex and/or Euden being added, assuming the ARMS rep isn't the only first-party, which could totally happen because nobody knows how to predict Nintendo, not even Nintendo themselves.
I don't think there is a theme except for the exception that at least one Nintendo character that is the Arms rep so far has to be in each Pass.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I don't think there is a theme except for the exception that at least one Nintendo character that is the Arms rep so far has to be in each Pass.
Oh dear, I didn't think of that. If that is the case, the first-party supporters will probably have a fit.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Who do y'all expect to come after the Arms rep? I expect either Crash or Geno.
My guess is Geno. With the ARMS representative being announced so far in advance of their full reveal and release, I figure we'll be getting another trailer in the same presentation. Given that the past two E3s have given us Ridley and Banjo-Kazooie, two long-awaited fan favourites who seemed virtually impossible for one reason or another, Geno seems like the best choice to continue that trend - I can't think of many other characters who have been consistently requested since the pre-Brawl days. (his popularity may have dipped a bit in Smash 4's speculation period, but the demand was still there)

That could just be bias on my part (I've supported Geno for a while now), but I can't think of any other character with that kind of consistent, long-lasting fan demand aside from ones that were already added in Ultimate. :ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool::ultridley:

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Tbh I think it'd be pretty funny if Nintendo just plonked a reveal trailer early June on social media and just say that the character is available now. I'm not sure whether the servers would be better or worst.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
It's June here in Australia, the month of reckoning :-) I wonder how the next fighter after Arms will be handled.... trailer at the end of the Fighter 6 presentation? Teased/hinted at like the reveal of the series? Or a notice about how it might be delayed.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It's June here in Australia, the month of reckoning :-) I wonder how the next fighter after Arms will be handled.... trailer at the end of the Fighter 6 presentation? Teased/hinted at like the reveal of the series? Or a notice about how it might be delayed.
I'm pretty sure the Arms rep won't be delayed when they already announced they're coming in June.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
When did Fatman's "sources" turned out to be accurate?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall any of his exact predictions being confirmed. Is there any reason people think he's credible or is it just they act like he is because he says Geno is coming?
Of the criticism I get, I'm honestly burned out the most on this. This idea that my support for Geno is fake (despite over a decade of evidence to the contrary) and that the only reason the Geno fanbase likes or listens to what I say is that they're stupid and gullible. I mean... really think on what you're implying here when you casually say stuff like this. I'm saying something here because I've specifically seen you make several posts like this in the past year where you've pushed this idea that the Geno fanbase is just dumb manchildren with no critical thinking what-so-ever. It was old back in 2018 so you can imagine how I feel about it now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Of the criticism I get, I'm honestly burned out the most on this. This idea that my support for Geno is fake (despite over a decade of evidence to the contrary) and that the only reason the Geno fanbase likes or listens to what I say is that they're stupid and gullible. I mean... really think on what you're implying here when you casually say stuff like this. I'm saying something here because I've specifically seen you make several posts like this in the past year where you've pushed this idea that the Geno fanbase is just dumb manchildren with no critical thinking what-so-ever. It was old back in 2018 so you can imagine how I feel about it now.
This really doesn't answer my question, but I don't want to derail this thread. Feel free to DM me or tag me in an appropriate topic if you want to explain why I should take you as a credible inside source.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I always found something weird about the ARMS reveal and I only just realised what it was. It was that they showed every ARMS fighter... and Biff. I guess he is kind of a mascot for the series but it is kinda weird he is there among the playable characters. At first I thought he was the one announcing the series getting a rep but then I remembered it was just the Direct voice over guy. He is just weirdly stuck in the corner. I guess they probably wanted to keep it a perfect 4 by 4 but I still think it's weird.

Anyway my main question was going to be how would you react if Biff was the character (before I got sidetracked)?

Attachments

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I always found something weird about the ARMS reveal and I only just realised what it was. It was that they showed every ARMS fighter... and Biff. I guess he is kind of a mascot for the series but it is kinda weird he is there among the playable characters. At first I thought he was the one announcing the series getting a rep but then I remembered it was just the Direct voice over guy. He is just weirdly stuck in the corner. I guess they probably wanted to keep it a perfect 4 by 4 but I still think it's weird.

Anyway my main question was going to be how would you react if Biff was the character (before I got sidetracked)?
They probably just wanted to remind his announcer role in ARMS but it'd be hilarious if he turns out to be the next fighter.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
First chairs, now this.

Will Nintendo ever stop teasing new fighters in such obvious ways?
You seem to have forgotten the dozens of characters Sakurai has teased through those PotD things.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Topic on GameFAQS thinks Gamexplain MIGHT(and that's a bit might) have hinted at the upcoming ARMS rep using an avatar in this game
I have my doubts but I'd be beyond hype for our resident Rad Scientist

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'm pretty sure, according to ARMS lore, when people develop this condition their arms bare a resemblance to things that were close to them physically and mentally. I think those arms aren't actually noodles, they just look like it. Also, according to the lore, this condition doesn't always affect the person's arms, it can happen to other parts of their body (although this is rare). This condition even shows up in animals and plants. There's a picture of a dog whos torso is stretch and spirally in the art gallery of the game.

Basically these are just their flesh and blood arms but have taken on a new shape, appearance, and capabilities.
So what you're saying is, we could totally get LEGS according to the lore.
let's talk about ARMS

what does spring man do for recreation
Spring Man lives for the fight, when he's not out there fighting he goes home to his one bedroom apartment, sits on his bed, and contemplates where his life went wrong

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
wouldnt it be a nice aesthetic if the fans as seen in arms had masks and things showing support for other smash characters?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Topic on GameFAQS thinks Gamexplain MIGHT(and that's a bit might) have hinted at the upcoming ARMS rep using an avatar in this game
I'd probably have reason to believe it if the player is Jon Cartwright, he's their resident insider. But even then it looks like Gamefaqs users are reading too much into it:

https://twitter.com/MrNintendo97/status/1267030529775333376

wouldnt it be a nice aesthetic if the fans as seen in arms had masks and things showing support for other smash characters?
Yeah, although it'd probably be for the original 12, for simplicity's sake.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Oh, that would be something to see. I'm just picturing fans wearing Ridley masks or carrying toy Monados in the ARMS stage!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they could repurpose the Kirby hat models for that (with Zamus ones getting a full wig instead of just the ponytail)

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I think they'd probably just have the audience have the series logo and the corresponding colour to represent the characters although it would be cool if they did one for every character

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Ya know, considering how Xenoblade 1 Definitive Edition was released on its planned release day without a hitch and it was part of the same mini-direct that warned about possible delays, I think we got reason to believe that we'll hear of the ARMS showcase sometime within the next 30 days.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Frankly speaking, I don't really think the character after ARMS has to be a HUGE reveal or a BIG-FAN FAVORITE and if it's not people aren't going to buy the pass. First of all, if that were the case; wouldn't it make more sense if they made the first character a HUGE reveal? That way more people would've bought the pass immediately rather then waiting on it. Also just because the last 2 E3's gave us Ridley and Banjo doesn't mean we are getting another big fan favorite like Geno or Waluigi, that just seems to be looking for patterns that are barely there (although I do think the character will end up being big in some way as E3 is when they reveal more iconic characters). Remember that both Ultimate and FP 1 started with BIG reveals like Inkling and Joker, but then while people were expecting an equally big reveal to start off FP 2, we ended up getting ARMS. Besides, we have little information on how this pass will even go. It may end up as entirely 1st parties for all we know.

I definitely think the character will be "big", but a "big" reveal to certain people is different compared to a "big" reveal for others. For example, some characters like Walugi/Geno/Rayman/Crash being fan-favorites in the West, but on the other hand you have Rex/Reimu/Saber/Arle being bigger requests in Japan, and that's not even considering other "smaller" regions with different fan-favorites.

Last time, we had reveals like DQ to appeal to the JP audience and BK to appeal to the Western audience. Unless we somehow end up getting 2 more reveals right after ARMS, which I doubt; appealing to both audience would be difficult to pull off. Sure we could end up getting Crash or Geno next which would be HUGE reveals for the Western fanbase, but in Japan they would be more of smaller but still "cool" picks. Likewise, we could end up getting Rex or Arle as the "big" E3 character, which would be seen as "good" picks in the West, but absolutely HUGE for Japan.

There are a couple universally popular characters that could appeal to both Japan and the West AND the Smash fanbase. I think the frontunner in that case would probably be Sora, as he's huge everywhere, is big in the Smash community, and is considered an "Impossible" pick. Slightly smaller characters could be something like Dante or 2B, who share most of Sora's strengths to a lesser extent (though they aren't seen as "impossible" picks). And then we get to characters like Sephiroth who are once again popular enough in both regions, but are less desired within the community itself.

TL;DR: People should keep there expectations in check. The E3 character can be anyone from the likes of Sora to the likes of Rex. There's no real reason to default to Geno or Waluigi, although they could still be the fighter.

EDIT: Also Max Brass or Min-Min please daddy Sakurai.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Say, I've just had a funny idea. In the event that we get the alt route, what if Kirby's hat ended up being...Biff?

Frankly speaking, I don't really think the character after ARMS has to be a HUGE reveal or a BIG-FAN FAVORITE and if it's not people aren't going to buy the pass. First of all, if that were the case; wouldn't it make more sense if they made the first character a HUGE reveal? That way more people would've bought the pass immediately rather then waiting on it. Also just because the last 2 E3's gave us Ridley and Banjo doesn't mean we are getting another big fan favorite like Geno or Waluigi, that just seems to be looking for patterns that are barely there (although I do think the character will end up being big in some way as E3 is when they reveal more iconic characters). Remember that both Ultimate and FP 1 started with BIG reveals like Inkling and Joker, but then while people were expecting an equally big reveal to start off FP 2, we ended up getting ARMS. Besides, we have little information on how this pass will even go. It may end up as entirely 1st parties for all we know.

I definitely think the character will be "big", but a "big" reveal to certain people is different compared to a "big" reveal for others. For example, some characters like Walugi/Geno/Rayman/Crash being fan-favorites in the West, but on the other hand you have Rex/Reimu/Saber/Arle being bigger requests in Japan, and that's not even considering other "smaller" regions with different fan-favorites.

Last time, we had reveals like DQ to appeal to the JP audience and BK to appeal to the Western audience. Unless we somehow end up getting 2 more reveals right after ARMS, which I doubt; appealing to both audience would be difficult to pull off. Sure we could end up getting Crash or Geno next which would be HUGE reveals for the Western fanbase, but in Japan they would be more of smaller but still "cool" picks. Likewise, we could end up getting Rex or Arle as the "big" E3 character, which would be seen as "good" picks in the West, but absolutely HUGE for Japan.

There are a couple universally popular characters that could appeal to both Japan and the West AND the Smash fanbase. I think the frontunner in that case would probably be Sora, as he's huge everywhere, is big in the Smash community, and is considered an "Impossible" pick. Slightly smaller characters could be something like Dante or 2B, who share most of Sora's strengths to a lesser extent (though they aren't seen as "impossible" picks). And then we get to characters like Sephiroth who are once again popular enough in both regions, but are less desired within the community itself.

TL;DR: People should keep there expectations in check. The E3 character can be anyone from the likes of Sora to the likes of Rex. There's no real reason to default to Geno or Waluigi, although they could still be the fighter.

EDIT: Also Max Brass or Min-Min please daddy Sakurai.
At the least, one fanbase will be pleased. Which one is the question. There are very few characters that don't have a somewhat significant amount of people hoping for them, regardless whether it's a huge request, or someone that's more overlooked.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Say, I've just had a funny idea. In the event that we get the alt route, what if Kirby's hat ended up being...Biff?

At the least, one fanbase will be pleased. Which one is the question. There are very few characters that don't have a somewhat significant amount of people hoping for them, regardless whether it's a huge request, or someone that's more overlooked.
Well I hope the additional ARM is yellow rather than Kirby colored

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ya know, considering how Xenoblade 1 Definitive Edition was released on its planned release day without a hitch and it was part of the same mini-direct that warned about possible delays, I think we got reason to believe that we'll hear of the ARMS showcase sometime within the next 30 days.
i imagine the delays would be most likely for things a fair amount earlier in development, XBDE must have been nearly done so i imagine the arms character would be much the same i think delays would be for things a wee bit later in the year

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I'd probably have reason to believe it if the player is Jon Cartwright, he's their resident insider. But even then it looks like Gamefaqs users are reading too much into it:

https://twitter.com/MrNintendo97/status/1267030529775333376

Yeah, although it'd probably be for the original 12, for simplicity's sake.
Eh! Someone is sharing my twitter post, is this what peak internet fame feels like?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder, was Byleth included in the first pass as the sole Nintendo character because they needed someone they could take a loss on as the "free" one for buying the full pass?

Will the ARMS character be the only 1st party character of this pass or will more follow?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I wonder, was Byleth included in the first pass as the sole Nintendo character because they needed someone they could take a loss on as the "free" one for buying the full pass?

Will the ARMS character be the only 1st party character of this pass or will more follow?
Only time will tell.

But regardless, at least the 3rd party purists can shut up now.

Droodle

Smash Lord

Well, obviously it's impossible to tell until the entire pass is out. It could be entirely 1st parties for all we know. However, let's say a spirit/AT like Min-Min/Springman get promoted; then I think the chances of us getting more 1st party characters is quite likely. If we do not get an "promotion", I can maybe see us getting 1 more first party at most.

Currently, I'm expecting 2-3 first party characters. I feel like Rex has a pretty solid shot, as he missed the base game due to being too late much like ARMS (also has a good amount of requests). The other character I'm expecting is either Isaac or Waluigi (Isaac if the Golden Sun rumors end up being true, Waluigi if not), but I'd still say they're "unlikely" comparatively to Rex.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Considering they stated in their latest investor meeting early this May that they have unannounced games still on schedule if things don't get worse around Japan (which is the opposite now, it's going really well, they lifted their state of emergency already in the remaining prefactures just days ago), I'm pretty sure Smash stuff in June hasn't changed, we would have known by now if it changed. DLC of these sizes definitely suffers less delays than actual games, and we are seeing Paper Mario releasing very soon already. Also, iirc fighters are worked/developed on batches of 3, so most likely fp6 7 and maybe 8 are fine in progress.

Last edited:
Top Bottom