• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Who do y'all expect to come after the Arms rep? I expect either Crash or Geno.
The better question is will there be anyone revealed after the ARMS rep or will there be a big ol' wait.

I have a half a mind that they'll reveal the ARMS rep and two more with FALL and WINTER release dates on them but who knows after COVID?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
What is exactly the realm of possibility anymore? Ultimate gave us pipedream fan favorites like Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, Joker, Simon, Dark Samus, ect and nobody thought before Ultimate any of these characters at a snow ball's chance in hell of making it in. The reason I believe in Crash or Geno or both coming is because of Fatman and his sources.
I'm simply not going to bank on predictions, leaks and/or theories that can get disproven. We've seen what happened to Vergeben after the base game, so I don't want to run the risk of getting misled again. I'll wait and see what the future has in store.

The better question is will there be anyone revealed after the ARMS rep or will there be a big ol' wait.

I have a half a mind that they'll reveal the ARMS rep and two more with FALL and WINTER release dates on them but who knows after COVID?
Seeing how crazy-prepared Sakurai is, I wouldn't doubt that they've managed to get things back on schedule in spite of everything.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
What do you think Master Mummy looks like under his bandages?
What we see of his skin shows that said skin is purple so...

He's totally Thanos :^)

I think we'll at least get a reveal during the summer. With a 2021 release due to COVID :^)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm simply not going to bank on predictions and/or theories that can get disproven. We've seen what happened to Vergeben after the base game, so I don't want to run the risk of getting misled again. I'll wait and see what the future has in store.
I guess. But I see Fatmanonice Fatmanonice as a much more trustworthy person than Vergeben. Didn't you say Vergeben said he didn't like Autistic people or said something offense about them? Man that really pisses me off as someone who is Autistic.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The biggest thing I'm looking forward to is how many of the theories in this thread will get disproven. The catch being that I have no idea which it'll be.

george-costanza-popcorn.gif

I guess. But I see Fatmanonice Fatmanonice as a much more trustworthy person than Vergeben. Didn't you say Vergeben said he didn't like Autistic people or offense about them? Man that really pisses me off a
I forget, I don't think anyone has compiled a post of everything he said and did, because it's easy to get facts about Vergeben wrong.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I forget, I don't think anyone has compiled a post of everything he said and did, because it's easy to get facts about Vergeben wrong.
Doesn't help some posts can get lost because the thread he posted in gets deleted.

Also... I really don't get how not liking autistic people means you're not a credible leaker. These two things don't really correlate.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Doesn't help some posts can get lost because the thread he posted in gets deleted.

Also... I really don't get how not liking autistic people means you're not a credible leaker. These two things don't really correlate.
I mean he backpedals too. When you show a signs of dishonesty like he does, it's harder to trust his words regarding leaks.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

It's more about apparently not being nice as a person, but I'd rather not see old wounds have :shaker: poured on them, so to speak.

Speaking of, what would happen if someone poured :shaker: on Min Min's ARMS?

osby

Smash Obsessed
The reason I believe in Crash or Geno or both coming is because of Fatman and his sources.
When did Fatman's "sources" turned out to be accurate?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall any of his exact predictions being confirmed. Is there any reason people think he's credible or is it just they act like he is because he says Geno is coming?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I mean he backpedals too. When you show a signs of dishonesty like he does, it's harder to trust his words regarding leaks.
The backpedaling is a better argument of the credibility of his leaks than "he hates autism", imo.

But like, he also just backpedaled once for Ultimate so far, on the one character that no one managed to leak either.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
When did Fatman's "sources" turned out to be accurate?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall any of his exact predictions being confirmed. Is there any reason people think he's credible or is it just they act like he is because he says Geno is coming?
Well Fatman's sources brought up the Paper Mario rumors as early as last September I believe. They got Origami King right.

The backpedaling is a better argument of the credibility of his leaks than "he hates autism", imo.

But like, he also just backpedaled once for Ultimate so far, on the one character that no one managed to leak either.
That what I was trying to say. But still it's still a sign of dishonesty and rudeness that make it harder to trust him. For the record, he piggyback off of Shinobi who was the one that leaked Banjo & Kazooie first.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
That what I was trying to say. But still it's still a sign of dishonesty and rudeness that make it harder to trust him.
I personally think that him messing up once when you already have nearly two years of having a near-perfect track record shouldn't completely destroy Vergeben's credibility.

"But he also messed up by saying a Square Enix rep is first"

Which is just a sign if how well kept the secret of Joker's addition was, imo, because a Square Enix rep was the second DLC.

And two mistakes on an otherwise lenghty and accurate track record is still amazing. The fact that he does mistakes just means that his word should be taken with a grain of salt, not distrusted entirely.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I personally think that him messing up once when you already have nearly two years of having a near-perfect track record shouldn't completely destroy Vergeben's credibility.

"But he also messed up by saying a Square Enix rep is first"

Which is just a sign if how well kept the secret of Joker's addition was, imo, because a Square Enix rep was the second DLC.
Vergeben has messed up more than once:

- He said back in December 2018 that we were probably going to get Minecraft content which never came to the fold even alongside Banjo & Kazooie.

- He didn't know Erdrick was called Hero in the game.

- He assumed Steve until Shinobi leaked Banjo & Kazooie and than he piggyback off of him.

- He piggyback back again on Nintendo when they mistakenly leaked SNK on the Smash website.

The dude isn't the perfect leaker or the most honest one if that's what you think.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Verge was the dude who also predicted the TMNT for Injustice 2 correct?

Now that's something you don't predict out of thin air

Which is funnier because verge usually ends up being dead wrong with pretty much every other game he covers.

Smash is one of the few outliers to this.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Vergeben has missed up more than once:

- He said back in December 2018 that we were probably going to get Minecraft content which never came to the fold even alongside Banjo & Kazooie.

- He didn't know Erdrick was called Hero in the game.

- He assumed Steve until Shinobi leaked Banjo & Kazooie and than he piggyback off of him.

- He piggyback back again on Nintendo when they mistakenly leaked SNK on the Smash website.

The dude isn't the perfect leaker or the most honest one if that's what you think.
I never said he was perfect. Where did you get that argument?

Humans make mistakes, but he still had legit sources.

I'm not saying everything his word is gospel, but he's gotten more than enough stuff right that whatever he says can be legitimately considered but, like any leak ever, taken with a grain of salt.

let's talk about ARMS

what does spring man do for recreation
Eat pizza.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Verge was the dude who also predicted the TMNT for Injustice 2 correct?

Now that's something you don't predict out of thin air

Which is funnier because verge usually ends up being dead wrong with pretty much every other game he covers.

Smash is one of the few outliers to this.
He still has gotten quite some stuff about Ultimate wrong though. But back to the Arms discussion.

Last edited:

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Topic on GameFAQS thinks Gamexplain MIGHT(and that's a bit might) have hinted at the upcoming ARMS rep using an avatar in this game

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Topic on GameFAQS thinks Gamexplain MIGHT(and that's a bit might) have hinted at the upcoming ARMS rep using an avatar in this game
the lower avatar is your switch profile picture, of which arms characters are a part of

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can't believe today is the last day until we enter June. It'll be only a matter of time of waiting for the ARMS rep.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
The reason they're making deal out of it is because, well initially at least, the OP of that topic believed it was Jon who was playing the game. Being a Ridley supporter, I believe Jon was one of the first people who hinted at him finally being playable in Ultimate, like before Vergeben.

But someone in the topic said it's not even Jon who's playing that game, so the chances of it being a tease are smaller than it already was.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
The reason they're making deal out of it is because, well initially at least, the OP of that topic believed it was Jon who was playing the game. Being a Ridley supporter, I believe Jon was one of the first people who hinted at him finally being playable in Ultimate, like before Vergeben.

But someone in the topic said it's not even Jon who's playing that game, so the chances of it being a tease are smaller than it already was.
so it's a nonsense gamefaqs theory then

NOSTARSICK

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind it being Coyle (while I'm happy for any ARMs character, she's the one I was slightly more than the rest, along with Max and Lola), but I don't think just because he may or may not have changed his icon to Coyle would be proof of her inclusion

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
so it's a nonsense gamefaqs theory then
Yep.
And personally after thinking about it, I don't think Dr. Coyle has much of a chance. We need the protagonists of a new franchise first before we get the villain. She would most likely be saved for Smash 6 if ARMS stays.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I think the big reason it can’t be Coyle isn’t because she’s an antagonist (I’d be a hypocrite if that was my reasoning lmao), but because Sakurai said they really wanted to keep the spirit of the game in the Smash moveset... but Coyle is like, THE most unorthodox character in the entire ARMS roster.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why are we trying to find out the Arms rep through a random Switch pfp on a Gamexplain video?

Anyways, I'm currently working on my own Fighter Pass 2 prediction and since the Ultimate Social thread is currently inactive and I was the last one to post there I thought I may give a little bit of a preview before I finish It while I comment on why I feel Min Min could be the choice:

All in all, I feel Min Min would be closer to representing the general gameplay of Arms, has a lot of popularity between Arms fans, has been featured in a lot of official art and overall one could argue she's the sort of second face for the game alongside SpringMan.

While I haven't finished with her Mii costumes yet, I can say for sure she would have two Arms ones (probably Max Brass and Helix) and at least one fighting Game Mii (personally betting on Heihachi).

I'm seriously looking forward to posting the complete thing, although It will take some time and probably some days depending on the free time I have.

osby

Smash Obsessed
All in all, I feel Min Min would be closer to representing the general gameplay of Arms, has a lot of popularity between Arms fans, has been featured in a lot of official art and overall one could argue she's the sort of second face for the game alongside SpringMan.
I'd say Ribbon Girl is the second face of the game (she even got a Mii costume along with Spring Man) and I don't think Min Min necessarily represents the gameplay of ARMS better than the others but yeah, she's pretty popular. She wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

EDIT: Also, I approve the SEGA characters, Neku, Phoenix Wright, Dante and Steve.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Why are we trying to find out the Arms rep through a random Switch pfp on a Gamexplain video?

Anyways, I'm currently working on my own Fighter Pass 2 prediction and since the Ultimate Social thread is currently inactive and I was the last one to post there I thought I may give a little bit of a preview before I finish It while I comment on why I feel Min Min could be the choice:

While I haven't finished with her Mii costumes yet, I can say for sure she would have two Arms ones (probably Max Brass and Helix) and at least one fighting Game Mii (personally betting on Heihachi).

I'm seriously looking forward to posting the complete thing, although It will take some time and probably some days depending on the free time I have.
Who's the chick wearing the kimono in slot 3?

D

Deleted member

Who's the chick wearing the kimono in slot 3?
Sakura from Sakura Wars.

A legendary SEGA series which started on the Saturn. A Strategy RPG/visual novel with a lot of likable characters, good gameplay, fighting mechs and some of the best songs SEGA has given us:

It recently got a new game on PS4 after quite a good amount of years which osby osby and I really want to play already. Would reccomend it if you are into action RPG titles.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Sakura from Sakura Wars.

A legendary SEGA series which started on the Saturn. A Strategy RPG/visual novel with a lot of likable characters, good gameplay, fighting mechs and some of the best songs SEGA has given us:

It recently got a new game on PS4 after quite a good amount of years which osby osby and I really want to play already. Would reccomend it if you are into action RPG titles.
It sounds very interesting I might have to check the series out. Plus Sakura does look cool.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
and NOW my patience is low. What do that tell you that i goes this far without worrying about the arm fighter for 2 months?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I guess. But I see Fatmanonice Fatmanonice as a much more trustworthy person than Vergeben. Didn't you say Vergeben said he didn't like Autistic people or said something offense about them? Man that really pisses me off as someone who is Autistic.
As distasteful as his comments are, it is possible to be both right on certain topics, and an asshole in others.

Basically, Verge being a doo doo head, doesn't mean he's wrong.

That and... I'm gonna be honest Fatmanonice Fatmanonice as someone who used to be in the know (it really isn't that exciting)... I don't think you know much right now. And if rumors are correct, I might know why a few predictions of yours have been incorrect.

You can PM if you want me to explain that last part.

Trevenant

Smash Lord

I wouldn't say she is the second face as that spot definitely goes to Ribbon Girl and the person who best represents ARMS would probably be the most basic character. If the Smash team choose someone like Min Min then i think they'd care more about the character themselves rather than representing the series of ARMS as Min Min without her kicks would be like Ryu without a hadoken etc.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
As distasteful as his comments are, it is possible to be both right on certain topics, and an asshole in others.

Basically, Verge being a doo doo head, doesn't mean he's wrong.

That and... I'm gonna be honest Fatmanonice Fatmanonice as someone who used to be in the know (it really isn't that exciting)... I don't think you know much right now. And if rumors are correct, I might know why a few predictions of yours have been incorrect.

You can PM if you want me to explain that last part.
My predictions or Fatman's? The only predictions I have are on Smash characters.

Top Bottom