• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

osby

Smash Obsessed
It's a bit late to say this but I'm happy that we're getting another new IP in Smash.

Aside from Splatoon, every newcomer in Ultimate are from series older than 20 years. Nothing wrong with that and we got a lot of young characters but it's nice to have some fresh franchises for a change once in a while.

MattX20

Smash Hero
At the earliest, we could potentially see the ARMS fighter revealed next week, but I'm thinking it's more likely we'll see FP6 and FP7 on the week of the 11th since that was when E3 2020 was supposed to take place

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's a bit late to say this but I'm happy that we're getting another new IP in Smash.

Aside from Splatoon, every newcomer in Ultimate are from series older than 20 years. Nothing wrong with that and we got a lot of young characters but it's nice to have some fresh franchises for a change once in a while.
I do understand that it's due to timing, since the game was planned on short notice like with Melee. Still glad they managed to squeeze in one more new first-party IP after all before the end of this run though.

At the earliest, we could potentially see the ARMS fighter revealed next week, but I'm thinking it's more likely we'll see FP6 and FP7 on the week of the 11th since that was when E3 2020 was supposed to take place
I'm thinking the anniversary date (16th).
Sounds legit. I'd honestly be surprised if the announcement came much earlier than that.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
tbh, all of these waits are better than joker's.
at least with joker, we knew who we were getting

We're essentially in the dark with the ARMS character with the exception of knowing where they're hailing from

Last edited:

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
We're essentially in the dark with the ARMS character with the exception of knowing where they're hailing from
No, you forgot one thing; we didn't know WHEN Joker comes out at all before he was SHADOWDROPPED FROM NOWHERE., while arms fighter is in June.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
at least with joker, we knew who we were getting

No, you forgot one thing; we didn't know WHEN Joker comes out at all before he was SHADOWDROPPED FROM NOWHERE., while arms fighter is in June.
Even with the shorter wait, I've noticed that some support groups have a low patience threshold. Such as waiting for a month, in the case of Hero (IIRC). Even when the general deadline period for a character is known, folks just can hardly wait, man.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I still think that the old E3 time will be when we get our reveal. Keep an eye on the 9th of June.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay, imagine if they did give us a solidfied April release date, but didn't specify Joker specifically, only that it's gonna be a character from Persona? That'd be pretty nerve-wracking wouldn't it?

That's how the ARMS character feels

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Okay, imagine if they did give us a solidfied April release date, but didn't specify Joker specifically, only that it's gonna be a character from Persona? That'd be pretty nerve-wracking wouldn't it?

That's how the ARMS character feels
I imagine that'd be worse as there'd be a lot more debate and people would graviate towards Persona 4 protag for being the MC of the Persona Q game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I imagine that'd be worse as there'd be a lot more debate and people would graviate towards Persona 4 protag for being the MC of the Persona Q game.
PQ doesn't have a set protag though? You can pick between P3 hero and P4 hero.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
End result is the same, since we got reduced into spaghetti just by not showing who is the ARMS character.
to add into this, maybe the cvid-19 didn't help, but in the end, I'm more into when than who it is. If it's not the character I wanted, on well.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I guess it helps a little this time that game news is getting dropped like hot potatoes rather than it being a full on drought.

Heck we just got an indie direct dedicated to wholesome games yesterday.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
Likely not, they didn't lift a finger on Sony's State of Plays, or anyone else copying the Direct formula.
Not to mention that, while Nintendo did innovate with the direct formula, particularly in its' presentation and method for delivering gaming news in a fun, engaging way, it's hard to try to justify them trying to claim rights to the concept of having a spokesperson or developer standing in front of a camera and showing off information such as a trailer, game character, announcement, etc., and "direct" is such a broad word that I feel like if they tried to copyright it they'd be met with a mockery and backlash similar to when the Fine Bros. tried to copyright the word "react" on their reaction channel on YouTube a few years back. A number of Indie developers who grew up with Nintendo already recognize how succinct and helpful the direct formula is and, being now adults who develop games, use it to make their own announcements. Shoot even if someone is paying direct homage to the direct formula, they could probably claim parody, even if it's really more of a pastiche.

But credit where credit is due I will suggest that Nintendo gave us the direct formula in its current form and we can recognize them for giving it to others when we see something strikingly similar to a Nintendo Direct.

Last edited:

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, the reason I lurk around this thread so much is cause I like nearly the entire cast from ARMS. Choosing my favorite would be like having to decide between one of my children, or I guess one of my daughters 'cause I kinda love all of the designs of the ladies in ARMS.

But, if you were to put a gun to my head...eh, Twintelle. She's ah, a very attractive French-African woman. I would very much like to see her in Smash, but I am also very aware that she may not be the best to represent ARMS as a whole. But even if she doesn't make it in I'd be fine with most.

I won't say which of the few ARMS I don't want in Smash, 'cause every character is someone's favorite.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
did they use nindies for that?
Yes. As far as I know, no one else did.

Honestly, the reason I lurk around this thread so much is cause I like nearly the entire cast from ARMS. Choosing my favorite would be like having to decide between one of my children, or I guess one of my daughters 'cause I kinda love all of the designs of the ladies in ARMS.

But, if you were to put a gun to my head...eh, Twintelle. She's ah, a very attractive French-African woman. I would very much like to see her in Smash, but I am also very aware that she may not be the best to represent ARMS as a whole. But even if she doesn't make it in I'd be fine with most.

I won't say which of the few ARMS I don't want in Smash, 'cause every character is someone's favorite.
The most we can say is which are the least favorite, but even then it would be from indifference at worst.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Only ARMS character that would get a *groan* response from me would be Ninjara but that's almost nothing to do with the character himself. I just think all the Ninja tropes are covered by Sheik and Greninja.

This doesn't apply if Ninjara is part of a set-Hero/Koopaling style.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
Only ARMS character that would get a *groan* response from me would be Ninjara but that's almost nothing to do with the character himself. I just think all the Ninja tropes are covered by Sheik and Greninja.

To be fair, Sheik never uses this moves canonically in OOT ithan than her up-b, even then, that's just zekda.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
To be fair, Sheik never uses this moves canonically in OOT ithan than her up-b, even then, that's just zekda.
Well the bouncing fish is a stretch from her implied leaping abilites given how she leaves Link's LOS without Deku nuts at least once.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

This doesn't apply if Ninjara is part of a set-Hero/Koopaling style.
The latter case would certainly get a groan out of ME.

Top Bottom