• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
any one had any thoughts on the arms stage for smash?

i guess whatever they went for itd have a similar layout, spring man's would have bouncing plaforms at the side, master mummy's would have a bouncing part in the middle, helix's would have those breakable containers, ribbon girl's would have those cubes as platforms, min min's would dip in the middle, kid cobra's would have those spinning top things

cant think what the other characters stages are like
Spring Stadium could work, but Boxing Ring kinda does the rope-thing arena so Ribbon Arena could work just as well

Luminario

Smash Lord

i guess whatever they went for itd have a similar layout, spring man's would have bouncing plaforms at the side, master mummy's would have a bouncing part in the middle, helix's would have those breakable containers, ribbon girl's would have those cubes as platforms, min min's would dip in the middle, kid cobra's would have those spinning top things

I'd say Ribbon Girl's stage lends itself to Smash the best. Those rising cubes make the stage similar to Coliseum but without walk-offs and can have floating speakers as platforms at each side. The stage would be dynamic, yet simple, and flashy.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally I think the ARMS stage would be, visually, Spring Man's stage on a platform with the spring boardson the edges. But it should also borrow elements from other stages like Ribbon Girl's rising, destructible blocks or the Snake Boards.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I see Twintelle working the best within Smash's setting.

I know Spring Man and Ribbon Girl are supposedly the "mascots" of sorts for ARMS, but I can picture Twintelle much easier than either of them because of her ARMS not being her arms.

And considering her popularity practically exploded to the point the developers took notice and the fact she was added to the Testpunch when she wasn't supposed to be a part of it just from mass fan demand, I feel Twintelle may end up becoming the "Morrigan" of ARMS. As in sheer popularity alone could promote her to "main character of the franchise/main representative in other games".

Whether or not this means she's more likely to show up in Smash is unclear, but one thing's for certain; we are definitely going to be seeing more of Twintelle in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

No, I was making a joke. You said more of her. It's Twintelle.
It wasn't really obvious. :V

But really, who wouldn't want to see more of dat ass? And I'm not even an ass man!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey there, folks. Just posting some cute Mechanica and Helix pics. Probably going to get some Big Hero 6 vibes if I'm being honest.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So ARMS releases in a few days. Hope it does well. I still believe that Spring Man would be our most likely choice when Smash finally comes around.

I'm currently very excited and I can't wait to see how the full game turns out.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord

I'm in love.
From what they were saying during the demonstration it sounds like Max Brass is a better version of Spring Man. I'm assuming he's much slower and easier to hit to compensate for the abilities.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

I'm in love.
From what they were saying during the demonstration it sounds like Max Brass is a better version of Spring Man. I'm assuming he's much slower and easier to hit to compensate for the abilities.
He looks way cooler too

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

I'm in love.
Headcannon: thats springmans father.

Last edited:
Spring Man embodies the spirit of the game and has headlined it since day 1. To me, that's who among the Arms cast would be the most appropriate to appear in Smash. I also dig his cyan and magenta color scheme—currently shared with no other Smash character.

Helix or Min Min would be great Assist Trophies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I'm in love.
Why do I get the feeling that he will come a meme?

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
His arms gimmick is that they're made out of championship belts. That's pretty neat and I'm sure no one thought of that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm in love.
All he needs is the protruding chin, and he'd be The Tick. :V

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I don't know if anyone remembers me mentioning how ARMS seems to have a few elements similar to the likes of SEGA's Fighting Vipers games.

Well, it turns out that not only is he the champion, he's actually the head of the ARMS league, and the guy who made the tournament in the first place! Remind you of anyone? Here's a hint: his name rhymes with "Wahler".

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Let's call this stage "Arms Arena" and it could be like Pokémon Stadium where the stage layout transforms to those different layouts you just described.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i have to say im starting to like characters more now that im playing them (still dont like twintelle) and i really want to see arms content in a future smash more than before

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Ok. My favorite choice of stage for Smash would be Max Brass' stage. It's just so good. But if we didn't get an ARMS stage, the music could go to the Punch Out stage. Either way it's perfect.

The Hedlok battle theme at the end of Grand Prix would be amazing to hear one Smash. It's so good.

Luminario

Smash Lord
ive got it a snowman with scarf arms
Love it. What would his name and gimmick be? I'd say go for the obvious name of Frosty with a gimmick of setting up snow on the ground to slow opponents.
On the subject of new ARMS characters, the cat with yarn arms idea could be called Katrina and always land on her feet instead of being knocked down or have a speedy dash that lets her run on all fours for a bit.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Love it. What would his name and gimmick be? I'd say go for the obvious name of Frosty with a gimmick of setting up snow on the ground to slow opponents.
i guess it could be hard for him to jump but he slides on the ground making it easier to dash

Luminario

Smash Lord
Sounds good but what about a cheshire cat type who phases out (and laughs at you) upon a perfectly timed block?
An illusionist Cheshire works really well too, though they'd need to separate the illusions from what Ninjara does. Their laugh could cause salt in all who face them like DHD so its perfect.
They could do whatever, just give us a kitty to play as.

splat

Smash Lord
While I feel like imagining possible Arms characters might stray too far from these boards, I'd really like to see an organic, plant-based character (either a gardener or a plant monster) that uses vines or lianas for arms to offset the mech-based characters we currently have.

It could have some sort of sapping trait, where it heals for a minor amount for each connected punch.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
While I feel like imagining possible Arms characters might stray too far from these boards, I'd really like to see an organic, plant-based character (either a gardener or a plant monster) that uses vines or lianas for arms to offset the mech-based characters we currently have.

It could have some sort of sapping trait, where it heals for a minor amount for each connected punch.
im quite found of that plant idea too

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Plant-based fighter? Well, I always liked the idea of a jack-o-lantern with vines as arms. It could be like a headless horseman and one of the arms might have the pumpkin head.

The Cheshire Cat and the snowman ideas are pretty good.

I kinda like Arms now that I bought it and played it today. I'm surprised how simple the controls are. That's a big plus for me.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So I got to see a full playthrough of ARMS' Grand Prix mode, and I have to say, I really want to play this now! I feel like the motion controls will be a pain at first, but I'll probably get used to it over time. Also, the ARMS - Fighting Vipers comparisons continue!

I was a bit bored so I decided to try playing various FV songs over the matches, and after a little while I noticed that almost every character in ARMS could use an FV character's theme, and it wouldn't be TOO out of place.

Here's what I came up with:

Spring Man - Bahn's Theme (Sundance Kids) (FV1)
Ribbon Girl - Honey's Theme (Bay Side Blues) (FV1)
Ninjara - Tokio's Theme (Look to the Skies) (FV1)
Master Mummy - Sanman's Theme (Thirty-30) (FV1)
Mechanica - Emi's Theme (Burning Bear) (FV2)
Min Min - Jane's Theme (Look Out Below) (FV1)
Twintelle - Grace's Theme (The City By Night) (FV1)
Byte and Barq - Charlie's Theme (Under the Sun) (FV2)
Kid Cobra - Picky's Theme (Occam's Razor) (FV1)
Helix - DelSol's Theme (Ravin') (FV2)
Max Brass - Raxel's Theme (The Trouble with Raxel) (FV1)
Hedlok - B.M.'s Theme (King of the Mountain) (FV1)

So, what do you all think?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Now that I have the game I'm really loving Twintelle and Byte and Barq.

Byte and Barq should definitely be the arms assist trophy.

P.Kay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
plenty.kay
3DS FC
3153-8243-0352
I'd like Ribbon Girl and Spring Man to be one character with alts like Olimar and Alph.

Now that I have the game I'm really loving Twintelle and Byte and Barq.

Byte and Barq should definitely be the arms assist trophy.
I agree, Byte and Barq would be really cool assist trophies

Last edited:
Top Bottom