• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Congratulations, Min Min! ARMS character(s) for Smash discussion

Which character do think will be revealed in June?

• Spring Man

Votes: 54 16.3%
  • Ribbon Girl

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • Ninjara

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Mechanica

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Master Mummy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Min Min

Votes: 104 31.4%
  • Helix

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Kid Cobra

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Byte & Barq

• Twintelle

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • Max Brass

Votes: 18 5.4%
  • Lola Pop

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Spring Tron

• Misango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dr. Coyle

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Biff

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Combination of 2 or more interchangeable characters

Votes: 66 19.9%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 3 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I've also seen:
Or Geno, he also shot his fists off.
oh i have thought of Geno month ago and drew my idea so i wouldnt forget it

this would be sick but the chances looks extremely low to happen :/
But if we got Smithy this would be insane because you are not just going to pick hammer and hand gun and smelter for the arms but you are going to pick 5 different heads with different abilities
Who's popular for crossover fighters?

So far I've seen

Monkey D. Luffy
Dhalsim
And
Lanky Kong.

Any others?
-teleroboxer characters would be nice just replace their arms with something that would extend
-joy mech fight characters you can replace anything with their hand
-springman from megaman would be fun to have i think people would love to see spring man vs springman

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Little Mac is also up there. And people have been thinking of ways they could make Mac work in ARMS. (Robot arms or just keep him as is and force him to get in close)

Staarih

Smash Master
-joy mech fight characters you can replace anything with their hand
Yeah, I was thinking Joy Mecha Fight as well (Sukapon) with their floating arms, or Rayman to add to that, though I dunno if the springy/stretchy, attached arms are supposed to be the "thing" and defining trait of ARMS, instead of, well, floaty ones.

I really like that wireframe Mac idea, he would work really well.

And I'm still thinking a plant-based fighter with vines could also make a cool character.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'll say it again, Bravoman.

Thank you. Thank you for this. Heck, Namco Bandai's reported to have helped out on ARMS' development, no less!

Also, for a REAL mind****, how these guys?:

Harry from Teleroboxer
Sukapon from Joy Mech Fight
A modified model of Ray from Custom Robo

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I think those characters are a bit of a stretch
Did you just....

Nevermind, it's always expected of you.
Really? *sigh*....

Well, points for making the pun. I'll give you that one.

Hey, guys. If by some chance, Mechanica was added to Smash, do you think her gimmick would be a more prominent take on Bowesr Jr. and the Koopalings? The one where if you don't hit the driver, they take less damage. In her case, she wouldn't flinch at all, but striking her would cause her mech to spaz out of control or something.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Really? *sigh*....

Well, points for making the pun. I'll give you that one.

Hey, guys. If by some chance, Mechanica was added to Smash, do you think her gimmick would be a more prominent take on Bowesr Jr. and the Koopalings? The one where if you don't hit the driver, they take less damage. In her case, she wouldn't flinch at all, but striking her would cause her mech to spaz out of control or something.
I thought his joke had a great PUNch...line.

Really how to right hook ya. No reason to be left cross. I mean it was a direct pun, no jibber-JABber weirdness where he needs to capitalize some letters to make it work. The type of wordplay that puts a spring in your step.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post
I thought his joke had a great PUNch...line.

Really how to right hook ya. No reason to be left cross. I mean it was a direct pun, no jibber-jabber weirdness where he needs to capitalize some letters to make it work. The type of wordplay that puts a spring in your step.

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
I daresay, after seeing the previews for myself, ARMS is going to be the...well, you know. So I hope y'all made space for another supporter. Now, I'll make this short: I support Ribbon Girl for the theoretical Smash. :love::)

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Have people failed to notice the particular wording of the poll's question, or is Spring Man really the most popular character on these boards?

I'm pretty sure Spring Man is a shoe-in for reasons we have discussed plenty of times, but the one I really want to see in Smash in my boy Helix.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Have people failed to notice the particular wording of the poll's question, or is Spring Man really the most popular character on these boards?

I'm pretty sure Spring Man is a shoe-in for reasons we have discussed plenty of times, but the one I really want to see in Smash in my boy Helix.
I think people tend to go with what they think will make it, people like being right. From a small sample size of top 10s, Spring Man was not nearly the most popular.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
I both expect AND want Spring Man, so I'm in a pretty happy position right now. While I love a lot of Nintendo's characters, I haven't been this in love with a Nintendo character design since I played Smash 64 and discovered who Samus was. That's not to say that I wouldn't love to see other ARMS characters in Smash, as I love literally every character in the game, it's just that Spring Man ticks all the boxes for me on what I love in a character design.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
Little Mac with wireframe arms was suggested before and definitely seems like the way to go with him.

Cerebella from Skullgirls would also be a good fit, though perhaps a little too like Twintelle.
As much as I love SG, that's probably the biggest stretch for a guest character, not to mention, Vice Versa's arms wouldn't be able to stretch far enough to really work..Going along with the idea though, I think Peacock and Ms. Fortune with be much better fits.

Peacock already has long robot arms which could be reasonably extended while still fitting her design. And Ms. Fortune can extend her limbs using her blood and muscles. Well they work in concept at least, neither of them would ever get in for obvious reasons.

As for other possible guests there's:
-Spring Man (Mega Man)
-Clown Man (Mega Man)
-Anakaris (Darkstalkers)
-Hsien Ko (Darkstalkers)
-Amingo (Marvel vs Capcom 2)
-Dhalsim (Street Fighter)
-Necro (Street Fighter)
-Ristar <
-Chaos (Sonic the Hedgehog)

_Sheik

Smash Lord
There is also another character from One Piece who is now nearly-as-iconic as Luffy (within the manga, at least) and who would fit just as well in the ARMS roster due to his ability to do this:

If Luffy miraculously gets in, I want Franky in too!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
As much as I love SG, that's probably the biggest stretch for a guest character, not to mention, Vice Versa's arms wouldn't be able to stretch far enough to really work..Going along with the idea though, I think Peacock and Ms. Fortune with be much better fits.

Peacock already has long robot arms which could be reasonably extended while still fitting her design. And Ms. Fortune can extend her limbs using her blood and muscles. Well they work in concept at least, neither of them would ever get in for obvious reasons.

As for other possible guests there's:
-Spring Man (Mega Man)
-Clown Man (Mega Man)
-Anakaris (Darkstalkers)
-Hsien Ko (Darkstalkers)
-Amingo (Marvel vs Capcom 2)
-Dhalsim (Street Fighter)
-Necro (Street Fighter)
-Ristar <
-Chaos (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Amingo is a great choice.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
No idea who Amingo is but I'd be cool with Chaos for sure.

SG-wise, I'm pretty sure that Peacock has nothing of the sort in her base set or among her QCF moves but I'll trust that it exists somewhere in the vast array of ridiculous to execute nonsense that I can't access.
Ms Fortune simply seems too gory for a cartoon Nintendo fighter.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hey guys, the VA list for ARMS has been released by Nintendo!

I find it hilarious that Bomberman's R voice is the same as Spring Man.

But this is one diverse voice cast.

D

Deleted member

http://nintendoeverything.com/arms-...t-barq-originally-imagined-as-a-support-item/

Nintendo Everything said:
Nintendo temporarily used 3D models of characters such as Mario, Link and some others. But because their heights didn’t fit well with gameplay, they decided to use Wii Fit Trainer who is taller. She has well-trained muscles and it was easier to differentiate each part of her body. It was a good fit as your character or your opponent.
Spring Man/Ribbon Girl confirmed to be :4wiifit:/:4wiifitm: semi-clone. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
No idea who Amingo is but I'd be cool with Chaos for sure.

SG-wise, I'm pretty sure that Peacock has nothing of the sort in her base set or among her QCF moves but I'll trust that it exists somewhere in the vast array of ridiculous to execute nonsense that I can't access.
Ms Fortune simply seems too gory for a cartoon Nintendo fighter.
You'd be right. Peacock has really long arms, but they don't extend quite far enough to work in ARMS as is. I just mentioned Peacock since I feel it's easier to take creative liberty with her given her robotic arms and cartoonish design. Regardless both Peacock and Fortune are definitely too gory. I just felt they made more sense design wise as opposed to Cerebella.

As for Amingo, he's a cactus from Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
How about Nester with Ultra Hand arms as a fighter? bring back Nintendo Power plz
Aw yeah, I can't upvote this enough.

Plus he could have red virtual boy bowling ball fists as one of his weapons.

Windstar

Banned via Warnings
Aw yeah, I can't upvote this enough.

Plus he could have red virtual boy bowling ball fists as one of his weapons.
Also, the mask he would be wearing to keep his springy arms on (this is canon, btw) would the Virtual Boy its self! And a useable Power Glove arm, which curves farther the longer charged. I'm sure I could come up with more, but I'm lazy right now.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
IDEA: Spring Man gets three ARMs to choose from at the selection screen. One for his primary arm and another for his secondary. You can choose the same arm for each one. The arms have different elemental properties and have bonuses when charged.

There is an option to press "A" after many or all "A" attack to swing with the second ARM.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
IDEA: Spring Man gets three ARMs to choose from at the selection screen. One for his primary arm and another for his secondary. You can choose the same arm for each one. The arms have different elemental properties and have bonuses when charged.

There is an option to press "A" after many or all "A" attack to swing with the second ARM.
well they probably could do it considering all the other things they've got fighters doing now

splat

Smash Lord
This new Hedlok mode is super weird, Hedlok was first introduced as this mind-controlling evil mask thing and now we're fighting over who gets to wear it.

To think people were complaining about Mario go-karting with Bowser!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
whelp today the comish becomes playable itll be interesting to give him a go

edit: never realized how small his head looks when he bulks up

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well if you want an ARMS character in Smash regardless of movest accuracy...

Top Bottom