• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Into Smash Youtube Community and looking for help

X-Pert

Smash Rookie
Hello guys me and my friends just started a video game channel and we really want to focus in on smash. We have a elgato capture card and we used this to upload our first few videos. I want to expand this channel to have great commentary quality and look professionally done as we expand and start having more tournaments. Does anybody have suggestions on how to improve my channel and the more equipment i might need. It we be much appreciated thank you.

_Vicious_

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vicious09
hi this sounds like a good idea ... but it might get a bit complicated if you and your friends want to start making money off of the channel because Nintendo doesn't like people playing there games on the internet lol

as for improvements i would start by trying to get a network going ... for example try and get some support from social media sites
try and build a good fan base and try to get partnered with a well known network ... they will be able to help you with all the legal stuff to do with ad revenue ... live streaming little subscriber events where your subs can get involved with your channel

i have been trying to get started playing smash on the YouTube aswell but since i don't have an elgato i cant record in a good enough quality

i would like to see how you guys get along :)

X-Pert

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot @ _Vicious_ _Vicious_ for the advice. Our channel is called Diverse Gaming Network.
The first few videos were long and it was basically like a test run. We will be uploading more vids very soon as were gonna have a pretty epic tournament ton Saturday.

_Vicious_

Smash Rookie
NNID
Vicious09
no problem dude i have subbed ... maybe i cud have a game with u guys some time (not that i will will lol)

T3RT1S

Level Up!
NNID
pokeLogZ
@ X X-Pert well you might want to livestream your tournaments and have other smash youtubers help you by lets say playing in the tournaments that you guys are holding and post some news of how to sign up for a tournament on this board. you should focus on only one thing like for glory team battles episode 1. I hope I was able to help.

Top Bottom