• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New IC Nuance/Tech

IPIQ

Smash Rookie
I believe the following has not yet been accounted for...

https://gfycat.com/NecessaryFatAlligatorgar

The other day I was messing around in melee and figured out that if I very gradually move the C-Stick in any of the four directions (Up, Down, Left, Right), I could cause the ICs to smash their hammers individually

I went on Dolphin and did a little bit of labbing.

As we all know, the analog sticks in melee have values from 0 - 255, in the X and Y axis - with the centers located at 128.

The following are the potentiometer values for the analog sticks to trigger a smash attack for Popo and Nana respectively.

Foward Smash values are respective to the X-axis, while Up Smash and Down Smash values are respective to the Y-axis.

Foward Smash Right:

Popo: 192 (+64)
Nana: 193 (+65)

Foward Smash Left:

Popo: 64 (-64)
Nana: 63 (-65)

Up Smash:

Popo: 181 (+53)
Nana: 182 (+54)

Down Smash:

Popo: 75 (-53)
Nana: 74 (-54)

Conclusion:

As we can see from this data, Popo and Nana both have individual values for which their smash attacks can be triggered. The interesting part is that maybe this explains why the timing of attacks is not perfectly synced up. I do not think that this would have any legitimate use in matches (until 20XX), but I thought it would be interesting to post, so as to maybe gain a higher understanding of how the ICs work.

ilysm

sleepy
This is known and the mechanics behind it have been described in more detail here, but it's always awesome to see people labbing things for Icies and trying to push the character further!

Top Bottom