• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A New home, same ol' Semi Weekly AMA: Tira

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1573760988563.png

Tira

Yup, we're moving the amas here in the General Social from now on. Mostly for consistency. The Ultimate General Discussion didn't even make that much sense for this sort of thing, anyway.

This AMA's subject is possibly one of the most experienced users on the site. Give it up for Tira!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Tira has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

'kay, @Tira , whenever you're ready

I'll start:

1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. What was your first experience with video games?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1) Why does your sig have Bible Verses?
2) What kinda hobbies do you have outside of the internet(i.e Irl ones?)
3) What's your favorite food?

D

Deleted member

1) Do you know many people IRL who enjoy the Metroid series?

2) Do you like any Marvel superheroe or team?

3) Favourite movie and game of the current year?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. How long have you been gaming for?

2. Do you think people are too dependent on technology like cell phones nowadays, or are you just fine with how society is shaping up to be regarding these electronics?

3. Can you cook? If so, what dish would you say is your specialty?

D

Deleted member

Yup, we're moving the amas here in the General Social from now on. Mostly for consistency. The Ultimate General Discussion didn't even make that much sense for this sort of thing, anyway.

This AMA's subject is possibly one of the most experienced users on the site. Give it up for Tira!

As always, all site rules are in effect. Please try and limit yourself to one post containing up to three questions until Tira has answered, then you may ask more. And when asking questions, please keep it civil. Have fun! If you're curious about if you're on the list of future AMAs, refer to this post over in the Social thread. If you're not and you'd like to be added, please send me a message. We'll try to draw two names for two AMAs each week, so stay tuned! And if you wanna check out some of the older AMAs, please refer to this post in the Social Thread

'kay, @Tira , whenever you're ready

I'll start:

1. What would you say was your most hype Smash reveal?
  2. What are your top 3 favorite movies
  3. What was your first experience with video games?

1. :ultpiranha: at first. Now it is :ult_terry:.
  2. Rocky (1976), The Godfather (1972), Back to the Future (1985)
  3. I was not into gaming that much throughout the 80's. But it was the mid-1990s when I started gaming. My stepmother had a Gameboy with Mortal Kombat and Kirby Pinball, both of which were quite enjoyable. But it was around 1999 when I was introduced to other fighting games, specifically Tekken 3. That game was a blast and cemented my love for fighting games.
1. What games are you looking forward to?
2. Outside of gaming, what hobbies or interests do you have or would like to try?
3. Most wanted character for Smash?
  1. In terms of future releases, nothing at the moment. As for what is already released, Soulcalibur VI, Tekken 7, Super Mario Party are next on my list.
  2. I am not that much of a gamer anyway. I collect Yu-Gi-Oh! cards, listen to gospel music, and cook new recipes. As for hobbies I would like to try? Become a moderator here but, man, am I scared.
  3. It was and still is Celica, but Pauline recently became another one.
1) Why does your sig have Bible Verses?
2) What kinda hobbies do you have outside of the internet(i.e Irl ones?)
3) What's your favorite food?
  1. Yeah, I saw you asked me in my profile. I never answered because I was waiting for this thread. Sa, they are actually lyrics from gospel songs. Since I was a kid, that was the only music I would listen to.
  2. Cooking, learning Japanese, collecting Yu-Gi-Oh cards.
  3. Asian cuisine, especially Japanese food. Do not get me started on sushi rolls.
1) Do you know many people IRL who enjoy the Metroid series?

2) Do you like any Marvel superheroe or team?

3) Favourite movie and game of the current year?
  1. No, cannot say I do.
  2. Spider Man simply because I love those movies.
  3. Nothing for this year. My favorite movie is from the year 1976 and favorite game is from late 2018.
1. How long have you been gaming for?

2. Do you think people are too dependent on technology like cell phones nowadays, or are you just fine with how society is shaping up to be regarding these electronics?

3. Can you cook? If so, what dish would you say is your specialty?
  1. Since 1995, starting with Kirby Pinball.
  2. Well, times are constantly changing that it seems like more and more of a necessity. Personally, society is looking a'ight to me.
  3. For the past fifty years now, hon. Desserts like peanut-butter cookies, chocolate fudge, and cakes are what I do best but since this year I try to replicate some Panda Express ****. Some of it turned out decently, I might add.

God damn, this has been a long-ass message. Keep 'em coming, kids! I have all day. :shyguy:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
1. What's the most amount of time that you've put into a single game?

2. Have you ever donated blood before?

3. What's your favorite animal?

D

Deleted member

1. You ever play Quest 64?
2. You ever use Tira in a Soul Calibur game?
  1. Nope, sorry. Most fighting game series are my love.
  2. Sure do. While Sophitia/Cassandra/Setsuka are my mains, Tira is starting to get my attention, what with her ridiculously high learning curve. :bowser:

1. What's the most amount of time that you've put into a single game?

2. Have you ever donated blood before?

3. What's your favorite animal?
  1. Probably 500 hours invested in Melee, easy. I have been playing it on-and-off for 14 years running now. The other games I have are not even halfway close.
  2. I have donated money, food, clothes, and what-not but not blood. Though I will definitely consider it.
  3. Rabbits, hands down. :bowser:

D

Deleted member

1. Favorite food?
  2. Does my avatar intimidate you?
  3. Do you shine bright like a diamond?
  1. If I had to pick one...Pad Thai. Otherwise, Japanese cuisine all the way.
  2. Ah ha...ah ha ha ha...no.
  3. Hmm, let me see. Angels shine bright, I myself am a child of God, making me an angel. So...yeah, I do. :bowser:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
1. Of all the countries in the world? Which would you love to visit the most?
2. Have you ever watched any Godzilla, let alone any giant monster movies (King Kong and Gamera notably)
3. Do you watch horror movies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom