• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media New Glitch: Soul Ripper

Flyfunner

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone,

I have discovered a really weird glitch while just playing around with the already well known Soul Breaker Glitch already some years ago, but I have just recentely realized that appearently no one but me actually knows about the glitch in the first place.

If you apply the Soul Breaker on another Mewtwo that has already performed the Soul Breaker, you can essentially rip the mewtwos Soul out of its body and have its soul and nametag move freely (with some weird colission issues with plattforms) while its body remains attached to the Mewtwo that performed the Soul Breaker on it.

I have recorded a video recently and uploaded it to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCA5aSooHhI
The video does not show every aspect of the glitch as it crashed before we could really show everything in detail, but it shows the entire activation of the glitch.

This can be done outside of training mode, just make sure that you have to freeze another character with a downthrow before doing the second soul breaker, although I'm not 100% sure if thats necesssary.

What I know so far is this:
A = soul ripped mewtwo
B = mewtwo that performed the second soul breaker
- any attack by A that hits B can freeze the game, but sometimes it just works fine
- B can attack A without any risk of freezing, except for maybe grabs and side b
- A cannot land on the base plattform of battlefield and just falls through unless B also stands on it. A will warp up to the base plattform if its below while B lands on it
- I have not found any way to undo that glitch inside of a match, A and B can both die but will remain in that state even after respawning

Top Bottom