• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Glitch Discovered: Pac-Man Trampoline Stage Drop

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
So basically, Pac-Man can lay down an instant-kill landmine that he just has to detonate at the right time to get a hit on.

Last edited:

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Doesn't look broken, as anyone who is aware of it could just immediately jump to counter it. Or even bait out the upb and punish. But this doesn't look intentional by Sakurai at all.
On thin stages (Miiverse, maybe Smashville) you can't jump in time, you will hit your head on the ceiling. So it is a guaranteed kill depending on character, position and stage. Tested it myself.

Last edited:

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
Well considering Pacman has had very little changes made to him (buffing or nerf) in all the updates that have happened, I welcome this fun trolling tool for use in FG until they patch it.

CosmicTornado

Smash Rookie
This is in no way OP. For starters, don't land on the trampoline in the first place. Second, all characters have the ability to recover from that (except maybe Little Mac). Third, they didn't fall through the stage because the trampoline turned red, it appears that it happened because Pac-Man made a new trampoline. That should mean that you can jump almost immediately. Can anyone confirm that last part for me?

Atm0s

Smash Cadet
NNID
GreenStarMario
3DS FC
1075-0882-2177
Pac-Man is turning other characters into ghosts these days. :4pacman:

Last edited:

DIO_157

Smash Rookie
NNID
Xenoblade157
3DS FC
1135-0289-7990
I have a tournament tomorrow hue hue hue hue :4pacman:I'm gonna try it atleast once lmao

Sen. Sawft

Professional Laundry Folder
NNID
Sawft
3DS FC
4940-6793-4197
WHY WOULD YOU POST THIS TO THE PUBLIC?
NOW THEY ALL KNOW.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This is in no way OP. For starters, don't land on the trampoline in the first place. Second, all characters have the ability to recover from that (except maybe Little Mac). Third, they didn't fall through the stage because the trampoline turned red, it appears that it happened because Pac-Man made a new trampoline. That should mean that you can jump almost immediately. Can anyone confirm that last part for me?
First: Pac-Man can create the trampoline on you and make this happen regardless; or he can hit/throw you into it, and no one can get out of hitstun, regardless of how good a player they are.

Second: No, you cannot jump out of the stage once you are in unless you react in literal milliseconds. Sometimes even then, you cannot recover, and will simply hit your head on the floor.

Third: It does happen because of the creation of the new trampoline and not the turning red, but you cannot jump immediately.

Last edited:

CosmicTornado

Smash Rookie
First: Pac-Man can create the trampoline on you and make this happen regardless; or he can hit/throw you into it, and no one can get out of hitstun, regardless of how good a player they are.

Second: No, you cannot jump out of the stage once you are in unless you react in literal milliseconds. Sometimes even then, you cannot recover, and will simply hit your head on the floor.

Third: It does happen because of the creation of the new trampoline and not the turning red, but you cannot jump immediately.
Alright, if you say so. I still don't think it's that OP though.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I find this to be excellent, actually, and I don't even main pacman at all (I do main villager though, so IDGAF about being sent under the stage, but that's another issue)

I actually find the concept of a trapdoor that requires a setup to be an interesting idea

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I find this to be excellent, actually, and I don't even main pacman at all (I do main villager though, so IDGAF about being sent under the stage, but that's another issue)

I actually find the concept of a trapdoor that requires a setup to be an interesting idea
I guess the name "trapdoor" is better than "landmine".

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
I wonder what shenanigans we'll see in doubles with this, if ever.

Eureka

Smash Ace
I wonder what shenanigans we'll see in doubles with this, if ever.
Considering all the ludicrous things that go on in doubles I doubt anyone would even blink at Pac Man sending people through the stage. Considering you have a partner that can send people into the trampoline and more players in general to run into it I could see this glitch putting in some serious work in doubles.

Last edited:

FP-Takyon

Smash Apprentice
I had some scrub try to do this literally the entirety of his last stock on FG yesterday (keyword try). I laughed.

StabbityJoe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StabbityJoe
Ive been using this the only character online who was able to recover from it was Lucario.

Got4n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dalil50
Pac-Man goes beyond. He's TITAN TIER! But seriously, this doesn't change anything in the tier list in my opinion. It just doesn't seem very reliable at all, and it will be taken away later. But like I said earlier, it does seem interesting, and I know this probably will happen at least once in tournament...
YE TITAN TIER MORE BROKEN THAN PRE PATCH HOO HAA OR BRAWL MK :o

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
This is pretty major, but at least for me, Shulk's Jump Arts & Speed Arts won't be denied their recovery back to a ledge.;)

SalsaSavant

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SalsaSavior
I mean, this is great, but....I doubt it'll be something you see commonly. He has ways to set up for it, but anyone who knows this will be prepared for those set-ups. Because of this, in essence, he's gained better zoning, because people will fear the trampoline when out now more than ever. But will it be pulled off that often? Doubt it.

It's kind of a cheap kill, but a cheap kill he earns. It'll probably be patched, but for now, it doesn't seem to be that big a deal.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
I'mma be honest, this is interesting, but if you're trying to use PacMan's upB against him like that, you sorta deserve to die from it. It's a fun little trap for him, but it's be easy enough to avoid. Remember kids: it's not about what to do when you get hit with it, it's what to do to not get hit with it in the first place. :D

NNID
MasterIcarus7
Pac-Man goes beyond. He's TITAN TIER! But seriously, this doesn't change anything in the tier list in my opinion. It just doesn't seem very reliable at all, and it will be taken away later. But like I said earlier, it does seem interesting, and I know this probably will happen at least once in tournament...
Guren No Yumiya confirmed? :yeahboi:

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
You can be comboed into it with a hit so you can't jump after for some reason, and as I said earlier you will hit your head on the bottom of thin stages like Miiverse and Smashville before you can jump. If you expect it on a thicker stage like FD you have a good chance of recovering based on your character but if you are on a thin stage a lot of characters are positively screwed.

Kwinston

Smash Cadet
NNID
KWINSTON
This better be patched out of the game soon. I swear, I have never encountered this in any matches, but if I do I will be so pissed.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah just tested it out myself. Honestly if you have a fast enough reaction time, you can totally just jump back onto solid ground before phasing through the bottom of the stage and you'll be fine. Thinner stages like Omega isle delfino could be annoying, but still.

Last edited:
Top Bottom