• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Garfont 9 - A Xenoblade series discussion thread

Which one would you rather prefer next?

• An HD remaster of Xenoblade 1

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • A port of Xenoblade X

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Welcome to the discussion thread about Tetsuya Takahashi's series of RPGs made for Nintendo systems,
the Xenoblade discussion thread!

Come here to discuss about which characters are your favorites, which locations gave you the most of emotions, what are your expectations about the upcoming Xenoblade 2 for the Switch and such!

It should also be noted though the use of a certain quote used by :4shulk:'s side-taunt is prohibited here.

XC is still my second favorite game of all time

XC2 is one of the games i'm most excited for. Take awya FE games and it is the undisputed #1. The faster we get more info on that game the better

Melia is the best and no one can persuade me otherwise

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I like both of the ones I've played a lot.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For my money the character design in this series is getting progressively worse. Not counting faces.

Granted we haven't seen much of XC2 yet. But the protagonist's outfit isn't doing it for me. I suppose time will tell.

The first game was quite the experience though. Felt very satisfying playing it after the whole Rainfall saga. Never played XCX.

D

Deleted member

Ever wondered how big the original Xenoblade on Wii actually is?

Well check this video (HEAVY SPOILERS WARNING):

D

Deleted member

If I get it right, this means Mitsuda's contribution to Xenoblade 2's OST will be much bigger than it was for Xenoblade 1's.

Unpopular opinion: I was a little disappointed by Xenoblade's end song Beyond the Sky.
Before I got to the final scenes, I was expecting something at the same level as some tracks from Chrono Trigger and Xenogears.
...Yet I only found it to be correct.

Now that it seems to compose more than 1 song, my hype for this OST rises even more again.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can I ask something?

I loved the first Xenoblade but, why were three of the biggest plot twists in the game not obvious?

I genuinely can't understand how they got people. I figured them out within minutes.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace

If I get it right, this means Mitsuda's contribution to Xenoblade 2's OST will be much bigger than it was for Xenoblade 1's.

Unpopular opinion: I was a little disappointed by Xenoblade's end song Beyond the Sky.
Before I got to the final scenes, I was expecting something at the same level as some tracks from Chrono Trigger and Xenogears.
...Yet I only found it to be correct.

Now that it seems to compose more than 1 song, my hype for this OST rises even more again.
I can't seem to find the exact link, but he said that over 150 musicians were involved during the recording, which is quite large.

Can I ask something?

I loved the first Xenoblade but, why were three of the biggest plot twists in the game not obvious?

I genuinely can't understand how they got people. I figured them out within minutes.
Story spoilers below!
1. Mumkhar as Metal Face: Apparently, some people were able to identify Metal Face's identity through his voice...that wasn't the case for me as I'm deaf. I'm not sure why I didn't suspect Mumkhar though. I guess I didn't pay attention to the story at the very beginning that I kinda forgot about him. When I started playing, I didn't realize I was playing a 10 hour long story.

2. Fiora: Same thing for Mumkhar.

3. Dickson: I knew he was a bad guy the moment he made a comment at Satorl Marsh. However, how and when he changed sides was incredibly shocking.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Story spoilers below!
1. Mumkhar as Metal Face: Apparently, some people were able to identify Metal Face's identity through his voice...that wasn't the case for me as I'm deaf. I'm not sure why I didn't suspect Mumkhar though. I guess I didn't pay attention to the story at the very beginning that I kinda forgot about him. When I started playing, I didn't realize I was playing a 10 hour long story.

2. Fiora: Same thing for Mumkhar.

3. Dickson: I knew he was a bad guy the moment he made a comment at Satorl Marsh. However, how and when he changed sides was incredibly shocking.
1. I figured out a little before the voice actually. I figured that the faces were humans the moment the Monado was shown to not work on them (just prior we learned it doesn't work on homs) and that it was potentially Mumkhar because we never saw him die (I just didn't remember his name. and it'd be a fitting plot twist. You don't set up a character like that and just not use him. It's more of just knowing common writing tropes really.

2. Similar things for Fiora except I knew we'd get her back due to a few gameplay elements. First being that she had a whole weapon type dedicated to her, including a weapon I couldn't buy yet. Second, losing a character with unique and substantial gameplay that early in the plot is a strange thing to do. Moment I saw the first Mechonis scene I knew it was her immediately.

3. Dickson was obvious. But the plot twist that got me was actually Zanza. Granted its less exciting than the other two.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ayup.

Was not something I really minded, but the fight quotes is something that deserves some nerf for an eventual HD remaster.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
First off I would like to mention that there's a Xenoblade Social group, you can join by just clicking on my sig's Monado
XC is still my second favorite game of all time

XC2 is one of the games i'm most excited for. Take awya FE games and it is the undisputed #1. The faster we get more info on that game the better

Melia is the best and no one can persuade me otherwise
I have tell about my Xenoblade story before, but let me tell this once again...

Xenoblade Chronicles was the JRPG game that got my most attention due to the fact that Shulk was revealed in Smash Bros. Back then, I'm not like most people who don't know about Xenoblade, I know the game's existence, but I wasn't really paying attention to that title, or even know if that game was good or not.
To be frank I was a bit disappointed and salty when Shulk was announced in Smash, probably was because I hate the Gematsu leak and the ESRB leak (It just ruined the fun of knowing who was going to be in Smash4).
After I watch bit of the game's Let's Play, I decided to buy the New 3DS version, since I only own New 3DS and it's portable. So I can play Xenoblade Chronicles on the go, that's how my brother finished the game like in 74 hours play time (Within two months). He just want to finish the story, and I told him not to spoil the ending.
I bought the game in summer of 2015, but I finish the story only like this year's March. I have spend a lot of time on this game because it was that good. The battles, quests, gem crafting, exploring were really good, not to mention the story. Even right now I haven't complete all of the quest.
I later try to know more about the series and was surprised that Xenoblade is actually one of the meta series call Xeno- series, the first game Xenogears story concept was supposed to be the script for FF VII, which also surprised me.
And the one major reason why I love Xenoblade is it's ost, they were really really good. The best JRPG ost that I have ever heard of. My favs are "Gaur Plains", "Mechanical Rhythm", "Main Menu", "You Will Know Our Names", and "Unfinished Battle".

Similar with the first game, Xenoblade Chronicles X initially didn't got my attention until I found out Hiroyuki Sawano was the music composer. Many ost in the game are great, some my cringe to hear at first, but after listening many times, it's really epic.
Sadly I don't really own a Wii U so I have never play the game but only watch the gameplay and the story.
I recommend people to check Sawano's works if you haven't already, his works are really great.
His works on anime besides Attack on Titan, Kill La Kill, Guilty Crown etc... his recent works is Re:CREATORS, you guys can check this anime out too.

So... it may sound weird, I may be super hyped for Super Mario Odyssey, but simply announcing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 already made me gave the Nintendo Switch presentation a pass.
I know it may be annoying for me to post this trailer... but just in case if someone hasn't seen it yet.
Let me try to explain my reaction during the presentation:
When I saw Monolithsoft logo, I was in my maximum level of hype, but then like in the trailer I was confused when I saw the game was totally different and thought it was a new project or something. Until I saw Takahashi's name and then I was sure it was a Xenoblade game, but the title Xenoblade Chronicles 2 does made me think that it's a sequel to the first game. This also remind me the news where they did said the next game is going to be story driven, so I wasn't that surprised compare to most people.

Without further ado, here are reason why I am excited for XC2, and why I am actually...worried/concern for this game:
- Call me a weeb all you want when I say this (JK, plz don't), I love Saitou's artworks, so Xenoblade 2 now having a more anime style under Saitou's works does make me come up with a theory that, they want to attract Japanese audience even more since Xenoblade is actually more popular in the west. Second theory is they just want the characters to have better expressions. I won't be surprised if they release anime short to promote the game.
- The first non-ported Xenoblade game that you can play on the go, is just amazing, this is also why Switch is an awesome console. You can play home console game anywhere you want.
-Soundtrack, I'm pretty sure this game will have the largest and best soundtrack in any JRPG game. I am hoping to listen to more soundtracks when they release the samples.
-2017 is really a good year for Japanese developers, open world games, and with the success of Botw that Monolithsoft also involved with made me think that XC2 will have the chance to be the best open world JRPG for this year, even as the candidate for GOTY. But without any gameplay video yet, I still need to wait and then make my own opinion.

Now despite that I am hype for this game, I do have concerns:
- Theory that the two female characters might have ability to turn into a blade, for some reason... I am not really fond with this idea... if we only see young girls turn into blade. I just hope they have an in depth story to explain this, maybe I will change my mind. By the way, this concept is not new, just look at Soul Eater and Valkyrie Drive... so yeah... I know it won't be the same, but I hope they can give a better background for that if it is true.
-I just hope the game won't be rushed since this game is coming this year, we don't really know when the development for XC2 started. But since they are already started on recording the music, I think it's safe to say the game is almost finished.

So there you have it, Xenoblade Chronicles, my most fav JRPG series that also made me more open to other JRPG games, but still, Xenoblade Chronicles is Nintendo's "Finial Fantasy", or even a better JRPG compare to Final Fantasy... I know this statement might be totally untrue and unpopular, I don't really know much about FF or even play FF, so feel free to disagree on that. Nevertheless, I think Xenoblade has the potential to become one of Nintendo's core series along side with Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, and Pokemon, maybe it already is but it is still to hard to tell.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just out of curiosity, which game should I prioritize? Both Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X seem like massive time-sinks, but I'd like to beat at least one of them.

For Xenoblade Chronicles, I don't have the seventh party member yet (I can't recall exactly where I left off, but I believe I was trying to get to Prison Island for some sort of Metal Face-related reason, and I think I was trying to access the transporter to get there), and for Xenoblade Chronicles X, I think I just left the first area.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just out of curiosity, which game should I prioritize? Both Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X seem like massive time-sinks, but I'd like to beat at least one of them.

For Xenoblade Chronicles, I don't have the seventh party member yet (I can't recall exactly where I left off, but I believe I was trying to get to Prison Island for some sort of Metal Face-related reason, and I think I was trying to access the transporter to get there), and for Xenoblade Chronicles X, I think I just left the first area.
I guess it depends on which one you like more.

XC will give you a better narrative and characters.

XCX will give you better sidequests and world building.

Sounds like you're much farther (further whatever) in XC so I would suggest trying to finish that first.

Sounds like you've barely even scratched XCX.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Well, with the coming of Xenoblade Chronicles 2, just in case if that game is going to be a direct sequel to the first game, it might be better for you to finish XC first. (Which I really hope Xenoblade Chronicles 2 won't be just a direct sequel, but either a far off sequel or just an entirely new story.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are Rex and Homu-- I mean, Pyra, the only playable characters? I'm kinda confused.

Also part of the music greatly sounds like Engage the Enemy.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Are Rex and Homu-- I mean, Pyra, the only playable characters? I'm kinda confused.
I'm pretty sure they showed off other character's during the Treehouse gameplay, but I don't know their names.

Edit: Someone has uploaded some of the songs from the game, and so far, the soundtrack is fantastic.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Here's my first trailer overlook after the presentation(Names I still use the name according to the script):
  • British voice actors yeah!!!!
  • So CGI anime style are more of a standard in some of recent JRPG games if you look at Tales of Berseria, Persona 5, and next year's Code Vein. I actually prefer this kind of style.
  • At first I was like: No no no no plz don't turn into blade Homura(Pyra)!!! So yeah Homura is blade is sort of right but also wrong. She still fights beside Rex.
  • And we have the first seen of the battle, not sure if it's just temporary lock up fight like the previous game, we do see Xenoblade 2 has a new battle arts design. At first I was disappointed to see them change. Looking it more thoroughly I actually like this system for now. It looks more simple compare to XC and XCX.
  • We have a"Military uniform girl" (I suppose it is a girl, and those who watch Re:Creators will get the pun) somehow damages Homura's Zohar core a bit and Rex's left arm (I also guess his left arm is amputee or just unable to use.
  • I guess Hikari might plays a role similar to Alvis, that she is sort of a bystander and a mystery character at first but later play an important role in the story.
  • We also see two more male antagonists one looks meh and other one looks rad.
  • We get to see most (If not all) crews. We do have a Nopon, Nia (The catgirl on the right), Homura/Pyra, unknown girl and Rex.
  • The new logo... love it love it love it.
  • Yes, I know people will be questioning one thing: Why is Rex the only male protagonist so far? Update:there is another dude in the trailer, so no problem there.
Here is a poster artwork of Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

After You Will Know Our Names 2.0 and Engage the Enemy 2.0, here comes Beyonf the Sky 2.0.
Still waiting for that Mechanical Rhythm 2.0...even though there is a chance there won't be...

D

Deleted member

Nobody has posted anything here since yesterday's news yet?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
As someone who beat and enjoyed the first two Xenoblades, this new game looks really neat.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nobody has posted anything here since yesterday's news yet?

Ah... Sorry, I actually post on Nintenzone Social thread I will post them here then.
I notice something in this trailer and compare to the both Japan E3 trailer.

"The blade he calls Pyra, have flame that lie something deeper" same part in Japanese trailer was some to be said by the military uniform girl. Awkward is... her Japanese voice actually sounds more boyish...
Turns out that Japanese Xenoblade Chronicles 2 have additional dialogues. Reyn: Oh, C'mon.... that's not fair
The "Military uniform girl" seems to be saying something to Rex and Homura/Pyra. Something about Blade and Driver, before that another girl's voice seems to be saying "Driver of the Egis, is Rex?" (this is my "guess translate", I do learn Japanese but I'm barely learned some vocabulary and sentence structure). She's probably saying Rex and Homura are both useless as blade and driver, again I might be wrong.

Homura/Pyra said something after this.

This part was said by a dude in Japanese, at least I know it wasn't said by Hikari.

So there are actually some minor differences/addition dialogues in the Japanese trailer... don't know why...
Nevertheless, Rex sounds way better and just like Shulk in Japanese.
So compare to this one, Pyra was saying "That, is our own dream!", she already said it in the E3 Japanese trailer.

And the dude voice in the first trailer... was actually the military uniform girl or lady we should called now...

I'm also be making the dialogue for the Direct trailer. I will only being doing the story part. Not Azurda's part.

Here is the first one with a few correction:
Rex: Story goes when the world was young, everyone and Alrest lived on the world tree. Together with our divine father, the Architect. They call that paradise, Elysium.
Rex: (To Pyra) You're a... blade?
Pyra: As the driver of the Egis, can you...take me to Elysium? (Pyra's core pumping like heart beat)
Rex: I'm in. (Me: O_o?!) Let's go to Elysium. I'll take you there myself!
(Rex shocked after touching Pyra's core)
Rex: Pyra!
Pyra: Here!
Rex: Cover me!
Pyra: Got it!
(Rex and Pyra encounters a "Military uniform lady", she damages Rex's left arm and leave Pyra's core an X mark, which means she will get damage if Rex got hurt, if Rex dies so does she)
Rex: We'll show ya. We'll show ya what me and Pyra are made of.
(Unleashes the not-Monado power)
TAKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Torna dude with mask (I guess it's that white hair dude with a mask): Now that you come this far, there can be no turning back.
Torna dude general (That old dude fighting against Rex): You...and that sword...CAN'T BE!!!!! I'm guessing your goal...is Elysium.
(Pyra falling, So was Rex I think.)
Pyra: REX!!!
Rex: PYRA!!!
The military unifrom lady: This blade he calls Pyra, have flames hide something deeper...
(Saw some creatures like Telethias and then Pyra protecting Rex from a big dude's attack who also has a blade with huge wings)
Fat dude (Another man's voice I don't know): What's the matter? Are you Egis or ???( Didn't hear that name right...)
Pyra: I WON'T USE THAT POWER! AND I WON'T LET YOU USE IT EITHER!
Torna dude with mask: If you know what you desired...you'll have to show it, not with your words BUT WITH YOUR OWN STRENGTH!
(Rex and his crew)
Rex: Everyone, LET'S GO!<< Shulk said this a lot in battle
Oh yeah, Azurda... OH MY NOPON HIS VOICE IS WWWAAAAYYYY TERRIBLE IN THE JAPANESE TRAILER.
I'm also be making the dialogue for the Direct
trailer. I will only being doing the story part. Not Azurda's part.

Here is the first one with a few correction:
Oh yeah, time to write down the dialogue and make my own analysis and theories.

Narrator: This is Alrest, a world covered in a sea of clouds. Many giant life forms called Titans lived in this cloud sea and many people built their countries and lives on top of these creatures. In the middle of this world stands the world tree, and it says at the top of it lies Elysium, a delicate land of plenty.
Many great powers rule over region of Alrest, the Kingdom of Uraya is one of them, its territory contained their Titan. The Urayas deeply respect nature boasting advanced biotechnology.

Lady from Uraya: For now we should keep our troop mobilized while we monitored this situation.

Narrator: Their rival the militaristic Empire of Mor Ardain is another, controlling Titans through mechanical means. They bring heavy armaments to bear as their necks other lands in a bid to save their own from ruin and debris

Kid from Mor Ardain: I doubt he would be stopped, even by an army 5,000 strong.

Narrator: The Imperial Province of Gormott, a plentiful land now fallen under Danian control.

And the Indoline of Praetorium, whose people revere and worship the Titans. Window controls the supply of core crystals. which Blades are born of, and so despite being a theocracy they hold much influence over the world's military affairs.
Next the Argentum Trade Guild, a shrewd consortium of traders they do well for themselves by deftly navigating the strained relations between other nations and exploiting wartime demand.
And last of but not least, Torna, carrying out secret operations under the cloud sea to achieve their mysterious goals, before long this world will fall into turmoil over efforts to find the legendary Blade, the Aegis (Pyra).

Military Uniform Lady: That is precisely the kind of scenario that I mean to prevent.

(Military Uniform Lady attacks Pyra)

Fat dude we've seen in the previous trailer: Hand her over to a grow-up. (Possibly talking to Rex)

Another dude who could possibly be a king: The Aegis must be destroyed.

(Pyra saw something above)

Pyra: AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Fat Greedy Nopon: Then I shall Aegis too, and make mountains of CASH!!

Torna Dude we saw in the previous trailer: I'm guessing your goal... is Elysium.

Pyra: That... IS OUR .. DREAM! (Like I said, Pyra actually already said this in the Japan E3 trailer)

Narrator: Who will find the Aegis? Who will make it to Elysium?

Only time will tell...
Analysis time,
Man, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 do feel like Game of Thrones huh?
Kingdom of Uraya : Possibly the protagonist kingdom that will help Rex and other crews.
Empire of Mor Ardain: likely the kingdom that will be the middle kingdom that will stop Rex going to Elysium but seems to stop a dude too for some reason.
Province of Gormott: Possibly a place that will have a huge story quest to complete.
Indoline of Praetorium: So... this is where Blades were born (Even Pyra?) This could be the place to understand more about the Blades and even really be a huge supply for getting Blade crystals.
Aregentum Trade Guild: The neutral where other nation having conflict and they get all the goodies... and their leader could possibly be that greedy nopon.
Torna: Definitely the main antagonist of the story, they seems to have captured Pyra for some reason. I also guess that they know she wants to go to Elysium.

So basically, just imagine Blades are kind of like talking Pokemons. There will be common ones and rare ones, so I won't be surprised if we see more Blades like Pyra and Hikari. And of course, Blades seems to come in all form, from Blade look no different like humans to furries to even just animals (Like Nia's Blade).

My guess is Pyra seems to be the legendary Blade, and yes, Pyra is the Monado in this story where a lot of people are trying to get her whereas some individuals know her potential threat and want to kill her.

Question remains:
How did Rex encounter Torna?
Why did Pyra believed Rex and let his become the driver of Aegis?
Why Pyra need to go to Elysium? What will happen if she goes there?
Just what the hell is Torna up to? What are their goals?
Why nations are starting war to each other?
JUST WHAT THE BIONIS IS ELYSIUM?
Are Blades being treated as normal species are really just like Pokemons where most people respect and have bond with other people whereas some just regard Blades merely as weapons?
Why Nia and a dude decided to team up with Rex?I know she is a kid cat girl but why didn't she try to get Pyra like rest of people?
How many kinds of people are there? Is Rex a Homs? What kind of specie Nia is?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've discussed of it with @Muteki Gwen earlier, but why not speaking of it here as well, that I've remarked some similarity with this track and some others from Xenoblade X.

I've thought of "The key we've lost" at first, but I believe there're others which sound more alike.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I've discussed of it with @Muteki Gwen earlier, but why not speaking of it here as well, that I've remarked some similarity with this track and some others from Xenoblade X.

I've thought of "The key we've lost" at first, but I believe there're others which sound more alike.
Even though they may sound alike, XCX and Metroid Samus Returns are not by the same composer. I just think this is because the genre are similar. That's why Sawano's tracks for XCX sound more alien-like, he also has other cool works in different animes and Japanese TV dramas and all have different vibe and styles.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I already like him more than Tatsu.
Yeah, he's even better than Riki in my opinion since Riki actually tend to call other people (Especially Reyn, sidekick)
Riki - Thanks to Riki's sidekicks, we win.
Reyn - Wha!? Who're you calling sidekick?
Riki - No see anyone else. Must be you.
Reyn - Stupid furry volleyball. I'm gonna...
Shulk - Reyn, you're such an easy target. *Laughs*
So we know species in XC2 are Nopons and Blades. We know Rex has to be either Homs or just human... Nia is probably the most interesting one since she has cat ears.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Great timing.
If I didn't post it here than I will definitely mention it quicker than you do lol.

I somewhat kind of wish for a Xenoblade Direct... with my most anticipated game this year I cannot miss this.

And here are my prediction, some thoughts and wishes. Due to the fact that the news didn't seems to mention the Direct's total time estimate so there could be chance that it will have more or less content.

Azurda is going the be the narrator in the NA Direct...
More details about the battle system
Introducing more drivers, yes you heard me driver... I doubt the only drivers in the game are Rex, Nia and Tora
Introducing more info about the antagonist... Torna group and possibly explain why they capture Pyra and how did Rex met her.
More Blades... obviously...
More details about Pyra's weapon the Aegis.

And.. that's it for the likely prediction, my hopes...
No plot twist spoilers/teasers please...
No delays please
I hope they announce an anime short coming soon... like how they did with Starfox Zero.
Teasing another Monolithsoft or Xenoblade project, likely be X or XC port, or even more unlikely a new Xenoblade title....

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
News update on Xenoblade Chronicles 2, it's official website is up (It was a teaser website in NA), it had detail explanation on character, battle system, and more. It also has three wallpapers for phones, PCs, and tablets which is really cool.
Downside is that the website kind of make my Chrome browser lag easily.
And just who the hell is this guy?

According to the website so far, the enemy is the Torna group which are designed by Nomura, looking at this dude he is by Saitou so I can sort of tell he might be an enemy at first but then alter join the group.

D

Deleted member

I've the feeling I'll like all the main cast as much as I liked the one from the original Xenoblade.

(And unlike the one from X.)

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

I've the feeling I'll like all the main cast as much as I liked the one from the original Xenoblade.

(And unlike the one from X.)
Same here.

Here are my impressions:
Frick damn it! Can't believe they spoil two things in the game.
I knew that Zeke dude is one of the crew but Morage and Vandham not so sure...
Also Zeke's Blade kind of reminds me of someone... *cough*Lotte from LWA *cough*
And yes... more awesome Blades
But we also got expansion pass which the new story comes pretty late which is ok, hope the new story does not spoil the main story ending. I also hope this won't mean the main story will be shorter than past two games.
Right now my hype for XC2 is in maximum overdrive.

Also the Japanese website has new artwork for characters like Mythra and Pandoria
Her Japanese VA is the same VA for Tails from Sonic and sadly... Mineta from MHA...
So... This proves that Blades are really like Pokémon... They can evolve... Or more like Digimon...

That said I'm pretty sure there won't be more than that... WHOAWHOAWHOA---------------------
You can't do this to us Saitou... You can't do this to us... This is out of border... (not really)
Edit: what a good time for image to be broken...

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Reposting from Nintenzone because laziness and time.

I kind of wish they didn't spoil that one bit at the beginning, even though Xenoblade trailers have had spoilers in the past.
Watch that happen within 3 hours of the game and being as much of a spoiler as saying "Fiora dies" or "Roxas is Sora's nobody".

As for the characters, I think the cast so far looks a bit interesting. I'm still not a fan of Pyra's design, but I think Mythra looks a bit better. (As for Rex's design, since I haven't said this before, I, surprisingly enough, don't mind Rex's design that much. Must be because it somewhat reminds me of Sora and I've recently become a huge fan of KH) Zeke has my favorite design outI of the main protagonists so far. I really like the designs of the villains in this game (totally not biased because Nomura) and they look like they could be interesting.

The world in the game looks pretty nice.

Being able to rematch Unique Monsters at their graves is really nice.

I'm really liking how much depth there is in terms of how the Blades function. I especially like how Poppi can get stronger by playing that one minigame that they showed off.
The depth of the combat as well seems to be pretty interesting.

The BotW costume is kind of cool.
As for DLC, I'm fine with it since BotW had it as well (I haven't played BotW's DLC yet, but the only problem I have with BotW DLC is if it's for a limited time, which I don't think it is, so I think XC2 should be no different).

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I kind of wish they didn't spoil that one bit at the beginning, even though Xenoblade trailers have had spoilers in the past.
Watch that happen within 3 hours of the game and being as much of a spoiler as saying "Fiora dies" or "Roxas is Sora's nobody".
Yeah, that said hope those are like early spoiler and not the later game spoilers...

As for the characters, I think the cast so far looks a bit interesting. I'm still not a fan of Pyra's design, but I think Mythra looks a bit better. (As for Rex's design, since I haven't said this before, I, surprisingly enough, don't mind Rex's design that much. Must be because it somewhat reminds me of Sora and I've recently become a huge fan of KH) Zeke has my favorite design outI of the main protagonists so far. I really like the designs of the villains in this game (totally not biased because Nomura) and they look like they could be interesting.
Understandable but I am fine with Pyra's design, but kind of get annoyed on Pandoria's glasses though. A bit odd that Zeke and Pandoria weren't introduced as protagonists back in E3 and even in the demo. The landscape poster already indicates he will be one of the protagonist in sometimes of the story, kind of like Dunban, Melia, and then Riki.
Mythra is a bit interesting, so even though technically she isn't turning into like super sayan but rather kind of like becoming another person? I wonder if Pyra will still remember what happened or not after she turns back.

With XC2 coming, my guess so far is around 92-94 on Opencritic.

D

Deleted member

So, how everyone's enjoying Xenoblade 2 so far?

I'm in the middle of Chapter 5.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
So, how everyone's enjoying Xenoblade 2 so far?

I'm in the middle of Chapter 5.
Hm... can't believe that I forgot to post my Xenoblade Chronicles 2 launch thoughts...

Don't have time but just for reply, so stay tuned I guess.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, I've been pretty excited seeing Malhos and his Monado screaming "Monado Cyclone", "Monado Eater" and "Monado Buster".

D

Deleted member

So I'm about to finish Chapter 9 and start Chapter 10.

So far, I can say I was skeptical during the first chapters, I found the gameplay to be pretty sluggish and the exploration to not be as rewarding as it was in the 2 previous entries.

But since I started to take a break from the main story and did some side-quests I left aside, the gameplay feels more dynamic and rewarding, especially when you know how to make use of the different combos.

As for the story, I was afraid it'd be a tad subpar in comparison to XC1, but the more you progress, the more the story chains plot-twists, and I believe if the final chapters go on like this, it'll be at least on par with XC1, if not even better.

I also consider pre-dowloading the Season Pass now, that's to say how much I like it now.

A shame some critics have been kind of severe on this game, thus XC2 will likely meet the same fate as the 2 previous games, as to know not having strong sales, despite being released during Switch's first year. What a shame.

Also I make use of the member-quoting no jutsu on AmericanDJ AmericanDJ @Aussie the Shinobi Bebe Mignon Bebe Mignon @Jason the Yoshi Megadoomer Megadoomer N3ON N3ON Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @Xeno610 @Yomi's Biggest Fan and A Distant Demon A Distant Demon .

Because what's wrong with you guys?

The game has been released for like 2 weeks already and nobody besides F fufubear and mario123007 mario123007 came here to make some comments about it?
What kind of nonsense is this?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Between wanting to beat Xenoblade 1 first and having bought Mario Odyssey, Sonic Forces, Doom, and Yooka-Laylee, I haven't had the chance to buy the game yet, let alone play it.

Top Bottom