• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 New games for MLG circuit 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
It seems like MLG has a game for every console to help expand the audience.

Halo 3 for Xbox 360
Tekken 6 for PS3
SSBB for Wii
WoW for PC

I can guess the successors for next year.

Halo Reach for Xbox 360
Super Street Fighter 4 for PS3
Tatsunoko vs Capcom for Wii *Hold's flameshield*
Starcraft 2 for the PC

Reasons:
Halo Reach would be the new successor to the series, this one is obvious.

Super Street Fighter 4 is more popular than Tekken 6 and it will bring in players, it is also a new game.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom. It might happen if Nintendo doesn't support MLG to stream their video. It will bring in less players than Brawl, but it would be more interesting to watch. It's the next biggest competitive fighting game next to SSBB.

Starcraft 2. Also owned by Blizzard just like WoW, it's one of the most competitive PC games that is exclusive to PCs.

Xyless

Smash Master
I highly doubt MLG would put TvC over Brawl, because they know that there's more potential money behind Brawl, and a far stronger community (which means that it guarantees that, in a year, it'll be just as strong of a community).

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I highly doubt MLG would put TvC over Brawl, because they know that there's more potential money behind Brawl, and a far stronger community (which means that it guarantees that, in a year, it'll be just as strong of a community).
It is either that, or they choose TvC instead, or they choose no Wii games at all for next year. The TvC community is very weak, it's like comparing the size of a flea to an elephant.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
SSF4 isn't getting picked up. It's a long story that involves members of the SF community screwing over the deal MLG was working out with Capcom and Capcom ceasing communication with MLG.

And two other little notes.

1. SC2 is already getting picked up. Sundance talked about it during the Lo3 podcast.

2. Halo: Reach is going to be huge. If, for whatever reason, Brawl and Tekken get dropped from the circuit for any number of reasons (lack of players for Tekken and lack of developer support for Brawl), Reach will almost certainly draw in a crowd big enough to meet MLG demands.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I could definetly see starcraft 2 getting added. Starcraft 1 is still huge even.

But I disagree with the others. I mean, they're still playing halo 3, not ODST.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
SC2 = StarCraft 2. We aren't talking about Soul Calibur 2.

If SSF4 isn't on the circuit because of capcom WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU ASSUME TVC WOULD
Sundance said he would like to get SSF4 on board. However, there were some idiots in the SSF4 community and there was some people from Capcom Japan that didn't want SF to be part of MLG, they say they can handle their own tournaments on their own, and they want to be independant. They were going to sabotage MLG, so they screwed up things for everyone for now. It seems like companies in japan, like Capcom Japan and Nintendo don't give a **** about being part of MLG.
Things can still be resolved if the community demands it from Capcom. TvC can only get on board if SSBB is not around anymore.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I could definetly see starcraft 2 getting added. Starcraft 1 is still huge even.

But I disagree with the others. I mean, they're still playing halo 3, not ODST.
SC2 WILL be on the circuit. The new CEO announced this on the Lo3 podcast 2 weeks ago.

Also, they are *technically* using ODST. ODST was only a single player game but it came with Halo 3's multiplayer including all map packs plus a few extra maps that didn't get released until a few months later.

But basically, ODST didn't have it's own multiplayer, it just had Halo 3's. They use ODST discs at MLG.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Reach will be on the circuit, it's a given. So will some sort of MMO, (ie, Starcraft 2).

TvC2 won't be on the circuit, neither will SSF4. Capcom makes both games. Capcom does not want anything to do with MLG and its games on the circuit.

Smash will remain since its attendance is still doing very well. The lack of the stream mostly means nothing since MLG doesn't make money on the streams anyways, bar the HD streams.

Tekken will most likely be the first one gone. It's attendance was god awful. About 70 players registered. Only about 40 showed up. The game is good, but not doing even remotely close to just average at MLG.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It seems like MLG has a game for every console to help expand the audience.

Halo 3 for Xbox 360
Tekken 6 for PS3
SSBB for Wii
WoW for PC

I can guess the successors for next year.

Halo Reach for Xbox 360
Super Street Fighter 4 for PS3
Tatsunoko vs Capcom for Wii *Hold's flameshield*
Starcraft 2 for the PC

Reasons:
Halo Reach would be the new successor to the series, this one is obvious.

Super Street Fighter 4 is more popular than Tekken 6 and it will bring in players, it is also a new game.

Tatsunoko vs Capcom. It might happen if Nintendo doesn't support MLG to stream their video. It will bring in less players than Brawl, but it would be more interesting to watch. It's the next biggest competitive fighting game next to SSBB.

Starcraft 2. Also owned by Blizzard just like WoW, it's one of the most competitive PC games that is exclusive to PCs.
TvC is a bad game and you should feel bad for suggesting it for MLG I don't even think TvC will be at evo.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
TvC is a bad game and you should feel bad for suggesting it for MLG I don't even think TvC will be at evo.
TvC will be at EVO. It was voted the most popular new game to add besides SSF4. It doesn't suck at all. You can't run and camp like you can so easily in SSBB. That game is all about combo's and it has a lot more depth than most fighters, and the character balance is excellent. Go hit yourself.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
It seems like a lot of you aren't aware of the Street Fighter / MLG situation...

There is basically a ZERO chance that SSF4 or any Capcom game will ever be on an MLG circuit. They have tried, there was a lot of drama, it will probably never happen.

If you aren't in-the-know already and you want to know why, listen to this interview with the CEO of MLG, starting at 14:50:

http://blip.tv/play/AYHiwSMC

It's very sad because SSF4 is such a great game :(

iiDEMIGODz

Smash Cadet
So will some sort of MMO, (ie, Starcraft 2).
Um...since when is Starcraft a MMO?

Anyhow, I'd love to see Gears 3 get added half-way through the year in 2011. From the looks of the Epic forum, I think they will be paying more attention to the MLG-scene with GoW3. If they create the online in such a way a MLG playlist could be added, I'd say it is likely.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I doubt they'll add it halfway unless it's *really* good for competitive play. I could see an end of the season event though if it's worthy.

iiDEMIGODz

Smash Cadet
I doubt they'll add it halfway unless it's *really* good for competitive play. I could see an end of the season event though if it's worthy.
Yeah, maybe if it launches better than GoW2, they'll have it totally fixed by the end of 2011. That is, if GoW3 updates work on LAN.

I'd love to see a comeback though, GoW2 was way more interesting to watch than Halo or Tekken.

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
I'm not very familiar with the way MLG chooses/drops games, but why isn't COD part of the circuit?

I'd like to see Uncharted 2 on it, however unlikely. I really like its multiplayer, but I'm not sure how big the community is for it. Killzone 2 multiplayer was great imo, so maybe K3 next year? (Can PS3 do lan?)

dj asakura

Smash Ace
I'm not very familiar with the way MLG chooses/drops games, but why isn't COD part of the circuit?

I'd like to see Uncharted 2 on it, however unlikely. I really like its multiplayer, but I'm not sure how big the community is for it. Killzone 2 multiplayer was great imo, so maybe K3 next year? (Can PS3 do lan?)
CoD isn't at live events because Infinity Ward has failed to build a LAN capable game. You can't use any unlocks on LAN and there is no LAN lobby.

I don't know anything about Uncharted but MLG did do a really big Killzone 2 online tournament shortly after it came out or something like that.

As for GoW3, it would need to be released with no major bugs and have EPIC backing it's use in MLG for it to get fully added to the circuit in 2011.

sasquatch1

Smash Cadet
If feel we should push for a Mario Party game for the MLG next year just to throw everything out of whack, and I'm pretty lucky so I feel I would have a good chance of winning that one

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
you know what mlg needs to put on??

THAT STARFOX ASSAULT!!!!

/trollin

I think they should get an military shooter up there

now that cod has been explained by dj asakura...that leaves Battlefield BC 2 and medal of honor when that comes out
(Which looks like Call of Duty: bad company 3)
^^^^^^ see what i did here??^^^^^^

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Tekken sucks balls no matter how cool the graphics are, the gameplay is so stiff and techless. Soul Calibur and DBZ Budokai 3 (NOT TENKAICHI) and Burst limit are much more competitive. And Melee hands down.

S l o X

Smash Champion
If they cared about what was 'more interesting to watch' then Melee would be on the circuit but MLG is MLG and they want that mulaaaaaaa.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Wait, whatever.

To be serious, I think Brawl will be back for another year.
I have to agree with the people saying TVC doesn't have a chance at this time.

You fail, Bitstep.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Tekken sucks balls no matter how cool the graphics are, the gameplay is so stiff and techless. Soul Calibur and DBZ Budokai 3 (NOT TENKAICHI) and Burst limit are much more competitive. And Melee hands down.
Wow I thought I was the only one who really liked DBZ Budokai 3. Is there still a competitive scene for it (if there ever was one in the first place lol). I always really liked the whole capsule based character customization and the game mechanics.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I don't get why this thread was made...on this site.

People will just troll and demand the same game that's been rejected for years. Get. Over. It.

I wouldn't mind DBZ Budokai 3 as well, but almost no one plays it cause it's old. What about Ratchet 3: Up Your Arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom