• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Footstool Use

Jexal

Smash Rookie
Hey Guys, Jexal here!

I've never seen other Warios use this tech so I thought I'd post it here.

If you footstool a grounded opponent, Wario's Down-Air is GUARANTEED!
I've tried and tested this against a few human opponents, and the Dair hits before the opponent has left the 'getting footstooled' animation.

This allows for new mix-ups, footstool-Dair out of shield, use as a punish etc. Generally allows you to get the Dair when you otherwise could not. The Dair will always bounce the opponent into the air.
and it's pretty safe to go for, if you footstool the shield you just full hop back into the air.

I really want to see more Warios making use of his footstool, his aerial mobility makes it much easier for him to get it compared to other characters. Footstooling a character onto a platform right below you for the easy bite chase etc. It really expands his mix-up game.

I'm almost certain this works, any feedback helps!

Matasd

Smash Cadet
You pointed out the main flaw in which the follow up isn't guaranteed if they sit in shield but you could easily go for something like footstool--> bite or something instead as a mix up.

Top Bottom