• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Final Smash

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
What would you like to see for a new Final Smash? Personally i would like to see PK Rockin.

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm going to assume it's still PK Star Storm.

If it did though, I'd wish for PK Rockin' as well.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Same here for wanting PK Rockin'.

But this is Sakurai, and that would make too much sense. So of course it's still PK Starstorm. I mean, only a single one of Ness' specials actually belong to him.

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
I used to think that'd be a nice idea, but now that I think about it, what would PK Rockin' do? Its Japanese name is different, so it can't have anything to do with music or something.

An idea I thought of would be where he absorbs the power of the sanctuaries like he does at Magicant, and becomes a lot stronger. I guess that's not terribly inspired though.

BLTspirit

Smash Rookie
NNID
BLTspirit
Fly Honey: Summons Master Belch who then consumes the level in acidic, gloppy chaos!!

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
I used to think that'd be a nice idea, but now that I think about it, what would PK Rockin' do? Its Japanese name is different, so it can't have anything to do with music or something.

An idea I thought of would be where he absorbs the power of the sanctuaries like he does at Magicant, and becomes a lot stronger. I guess that's not terribly inspired though.
It could work in a cinematic fassion, like how captain falcon and dhd's are.

tyrannosaurusrik

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-4352-0712
From watching yushako's SSB3DS twitch feed, Ness's Final Smash is now a mix of PK Starstorm and Lucario's old Aura Storm. You can control the direction of the storm from directly above Ness's position off screen.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
From watching yushako's SSB3DS twitch feed, Ness's Final Smash is now a mix of PK Starstorm and Lucario's old Aura Storm. You can control the direction of the storm from directly above Ness's position off screen.
...there goes my idea..... but hey, it sounds like am improvement, so I'm ok with it. But still, if it was just psi rockin'........

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Wicked. Looks like its controllable this time around?

Greninja'd

Last edited:

tyrannosaurusrik

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-4352-0712
I didn't even notice that! But, I think visually it is, also, more stunning that Aura Storm.

And yep! So far, I have noticed that Threed, Lumine Hall, and few Mother 1 scenes displayed. I am glad it is included in the Omega form of Magicant

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
I'm not so sure if I like this more than the Brawl version. As Lucario, I almost never hit my friends with his final smash, especially with characters that fly around. It does look a little bigger than Lucario's, and a little faster though. Who knows.

capn'

Smash Rookie
Wow, it looks like Ness has gotten a lot of love this time around!

It seems as though a lot of the newcomers animations are tag-team affairs (ie. Shulk's, Robin's, Duck Hunt's). I was still holding out that we would see some other party members during his Final Smash animation.

Just imagine: Poo jumping in and helping Ness cast PK Starstorm, Jeff releasing a bottle rocket missile barrage, and Paula.. praying. Just saying, I WOULD BE HYPE'd.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Wow, it looks like Ness has gotten a lot of love this time around!

It seems as though a lot of the newcomers animations are tag-team affairs (ie. Shulk's, Robin's, Duck Hunt's). I was still holding out that we would see some other party members during his Final Smash animation.

Just imagine: Poo jumping in and helping Ness cast PK Starstorm, Jeff releasing a bottle rocket missile barrage, and Paula.. praying. Just saying, I WOULD BE HYPE'd.
I was kind of hoping Ness' FS was going to be revamped to be Jeff using a Big Bottle Rocket or Heavy Bazooka, Poo using PK Starstorm and Paula using Defense Down Omega or maybe PK Fire Omega. Ness could seal the deal with PK Rockin.

That being said, the new Final Smash is sick and I am totally satisfied with it.

Last edited:

BanjoK&MarioBros

Smash Cadet
It looks a lot smoother and more balanced this time around! And it looks pretty as hell to, so I'm not complaining! :)

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
Did anyone notice that it makes the original pk starstorm sound like it did in earthbound?

Foosedogg

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ponyhater123
I'd have perferred Lucas's Starstorm on Ness in SSB4.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wo nesses final smash is the same but

Its lucarios old one at the same time sweet

Its definatly moves faster than lucarios old one thats for sure

So buffed.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
First I see Rosalina and Luma's FS gets a buff, and now this? All of my mains are feeling the love! I really love how it looks and I'm glad its controllable now. It's was so annoying how everyone inevitably learn how to dodge it in Brawl.

Mister Green Bean

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4184-2442-5864
Hearing that PK Starstorm jingle as Ness uses the attack...so many memories from Earthbound just came roaring back. It's aesthetically pleasing and looks much, much harder to avoid too! I particularly like this buff.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The new PK Starstorm seems to practically guarantee the death of anyone who gets trapped on the half of the screen you sweep it over.

The only safe spot would be way up in the top right/left corner of the screen, which only a handful of characters are able to actually reach.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I love this new PK Star Storm. I was online playing with some people when I finally got the Final Smash and wiped out the population. xD Everybody left afterwards.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
After using Ness' new Final Smash for the first time, I think it's a good improvement being controllable, and from the looks of it, relatively difficult to avoid. It also looks pretty awesome. I'll have to get used to PK Starstorm being confined to a small area of the screen, though.

Critzilean

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Critzilean
3DS FC
1693-2152-0414
Switch FC
SW-2556-2425-6120
Hmm, on the website there's a Wii-U pic that looks like old Starstorm
(or at least it looks bigger than it is on 3DS)

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Hmm, on the website there's a Wii-U pic that looks like old Starstorm
(or at least it looks bigger than it is on 3DS)
It's probably just not being aimed.

Top Bottom