• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Famicom Detective Club Game Announced

Emio.jpg

Today, Nintendo answered what that creepy “Emio” teaser from earlier this month was. It’s a new game in the Famicom Detective Club series, Emio - The Smiling Man: Famicom Detective Club!

It’s been quite some time since the last title in the series, excluding remakes and re-releases that was all the way back in 1988. The Famicom Detective Club titles are basically mystery visual novel games. And luckily for fans who waited for 30 years, Emio - The Smiling Man is set to follow in the footsteps of its predecessors. The story is set around the Utsugi Detective Agency’s attempts to solve a killing. Players can expect to solve a murder resembling a freakish in-game urban myth involving a man leaving a paper bag with a drawn smile on the head of his victim. The game’s slated to launch on August 29th, 2024, on the Nintendo Switch.

If you're interested, you can watch a brief overview of the game here: https://youtu.be/AHBtMQaj7w0

Author’s Note: To be frank, I think this is absolutely awesome to see. Bringing back old IPs is always a win to me, and it looks really fascinating on top of that. Oh and it’s headed by Yoshio Sakamoto, that’s very exciting. But enough about my thoughts, what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing & Editing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail Graphic: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Last edited:
Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

This definitely does give hope and renewed relevance for her to join Smash. This also gives hope for other franchises like Advance Wars or Another Code that just got remakes to get brand new entries as well. Or even Golden Sun, it didn't get a remake but it did get rereleases on NSO.

Last edited:
This definitely does give hope and renewed relevance for her to join Smash. This also gives hope for other franchises like Advance Wars or Another Code that just got remakes to get brand new entries as well. Or even Golden Sun, it didn't get a remake but it did get rereleases on NSO.
That would be nice but in the case of another code I think they tried wrapping things up in the remake

I'm thrilled to hear about the new Famicom Detective Club game, Emio - The Smiling Man: Famicom Detective Club! It's been a long time since the last title in the series, and I'm glad to see Nintendo reviving this classic IP.

The game's theme, inspired by Japanese urban legends, sounds creepy and fascinating. I'm curious to see how the story unfolds and how the gameplay will work.

It's also great to see Yoshio Sakamoto at the helm of this project. His involvement is definitely a plus!

Top Bottom