• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Duck Hunt Tech, Reverse Can Movement Clay Pigeon Volley, (It's really strange)

Pyro-is-Magic

Smash Cadet
Was in the lab and found a trigger for odd clay pigeon and can interactions.

The requirement for the trigger is to intercept a reverse movent Can midair with a clay pigeon.

Assuming that everyone knows the reverse can movement tech with back air and dash attack, this is pretty much combining that tech with the clay pigeon-can bounce tech. The easiest way to peform this is to back-air a grounded can, bounce it back towards you, then clay pigeon the can while still in mid-air.

By hitting this trigger, the interception with the clay pigeon redirects the can with the same angle and speed as the initial back air.

(That is a lot of text so here is a flowchart)

1.) Can -> 2.) Bair the can -> 3.) Can goes flying with reverse movement -> 4.) Ping the can towards Duck Hunt -> 5.) Clay Pigeon -> 6.) Clay pigeon hits can while in midair -> 7.) The third step reactivates

I really don't know why this happens but it does. This tech can also be performed with dash attack reverse can movement, and the trigger will still give the can the crazy high arc trajectory of the initial dash attack.

Video of someone performing the tech would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Perris6

Smash Journeyman
For those who may not believe I can confirm this. Not able to upload a video, but this is a nice technique to trick up your opponent AGAIN. The first trick would be to send the can to them and then pop it in the opposite direction, if they are ready for it then u can use the clay pigeon to reverse it AGAIN and it would even cover rolls or just plain dashes. Really cool!

The_Jiggernaut

Smash Ace
Last night while playing, I noticed this same interaction, but when a clay pigeon hit a grounded reversed can. So I suspect it's just a weird property of the can where ever it is.

Joshua Flynn

Smash Apprentice
1.) Can -> 2.) Bair the can -> 3.) Can goes flying with reverse movement -> 4.) Ping the can towards Duck Hunt -> 5.) Clay Pigeon -> 6.) Clay pigeon hits can while in midair -> 7.) The third step reactivates
I tried to use your approach but found it too complicated to pull off, so I used a revised methodology:
1) Deploy can
2) Back air or neutral air can
3) Side-B Frisbee (low speedy version)
4) As soon as you start the side-B of frisbee, just before the frisbee becomes shot active, quickly mash the shot button about 2-3 times which brings the can level with the frisbee

Here's the closest video, but because the level 1 CPU was being a 'block the way jerk' I had to pick a large stage so it's not the best video:

Last edited:
Top Bottom