• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new discovery: Metaknight can laserlock

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
yea you heard correctly. I will get a video of it soon, but when your opponent misses a tech you can laserlock them with your jabs. When they miss a tech just press (dont hold) a and when the jab animation is over walk forward and do it again. It only takes a little bit of practice to get the timing but I have laserlocked snake over 80 percent. The hardest part about this is the set up and you CAN NOT do this out of metaknights dtilt trip.

EDIT: you can do the same thing with metaknights dtilt, when they miss a tech dtilt walk forward dtilt etc. this one also does not work out of the dtilt trip.

EDIT2: I found out this is part of something bigger, and works with some characters jabs/tilts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a56_AsrpaoA

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I would very much like to see this. I was trying to figure out before I saw the post how in the world meta could laser lock haha.

boom-man97

Smash Journeyman
i have acually done it by accident before, but just for one jab animation

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Too situation to be of any use.

your opponent must fall on their back in front of you before it can be used. That is never going to happen to anyone with half a brain considering they can air dodge out of the stumbling animation.

zamora

Smash Cadet
and considering u can do as many air dodges as u want in brawl...i dont think this will be of any use, unless some player dries his hands off, scratches himself...

HIGHLY situational...unless someone can find another way to use this tech

otherwise, nice find

Top Bottom