• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Direct this month? Or not?

daddledingo

Smash Cadet
NNID
lucamaltese1
3DS FC
0276-3432-5975
Switch FC
SW-5490-4392-0531
Do you guys think there'll be a direct this July or not?
If so what do you think will be shown (newcomers, examples of games.. etc)
If not, why do you think that way?
Hopefully this doesn't get deleted.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I definitely feel like one will be happening, being either a Direct Mini or a Themed Direct.

It could or could not happen.

Of course, I still feel like we're getting something soon, since the gap between trailer and release is much shorter than it was in Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

The aforementioned leaked direct? Not counting on it.
I can't see them catering to the idea that NSMB shouldn't be a complete asset flip franchise. (Just being harsh cuz I'm salty lmao)

But a general direct for future releases? I dunno, could happen, but it seems a little soon after E3. Can't remember if they've scheduled directs similarly though, so who knows? I don't.

Also the main thing I'd like to see is smash details. As I don't think we'll see a lot of newcomers this time, I'd expect some gamemode details and whatnot.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be one for July. I thought directs were seasonal or at least a couple months apart. I'm gonna guess August or September at the earliest

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There definitely won't be one on July 26th at 10AM EST.

Last edited:

John Dylan Smith

Banned via Warnings
West Chester Township, Butler County, Ohio
Either way! Just give us a new piece of information for Smash Ultimate already Nintendo (Especially since your refusing to show anything or interesting on your stupid Smash Website blog post)!

Give us a look at a few new in-game single player modes, something about the online game-play, some new alternate costumes, a new stage or two, some new music choices, some new custom new moves or things for the Make your own stage thing, new moves for the Mii fighters, One or two new character reveals, Hell, just give us a look at some of the menu screens like they did for Smash 4 Miiverse update post for all I care!

Just give us one small new Smash Bros reveal for July or some other month for Judas sake!

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I anticipate a small mini-direct or a website update at least with new character photos or written information describing them more. I feel like they will do something to keep hype going even if they don't pull out any big guns right away. But another demonstration of gameplay or new character would be awesome.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Either way! Just give us a new piece of information for Smash Ultimate already Nintendo (Especially since your refusing to show anything or interesting on your stupid Smash Website blog post)!

Give us a look at a few new in-game single player modes, something about the online game-play, some new alternate costumes, a new stage or two, some new music choices, some new custom new moves or things for the Make your own stage thing, new moves for the Mii fighters, One or two new character reveals, Hell, just give us a look at some of the menu screens like they did for Smash 4 Miiverse update post for all I care!

Just give us one small new Smash Bros reveal for July or some other month for Judas sake!
So far the only new things we've seen since E3 are remixes for stages. So I completely agree, I'm looking forward to when we start seeing new details for things that haven't been revealed in demo gameplay and the E3 direct.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Someone mentioned that Nintendo is going to SDCC this year, which ends on the 22nd, the same date as in the rumor :004:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Someone mentioned that Nintendo is going to SDCC this year, which ends on the 22nd, the same date as in the rumor :004:
Which rumor was that again? the one with King K. Rool and Dixie?

Arcadenblog

Smash Apprentice
I'm very iffy of the idea of a direct this month. On one hand, E3 left many people disgruntled and thirsty. On the other hand, standard Directs have been seasonal starting with last year. And what could Nintendo really show besides games they have said are still a ways off? (Prime 4, Bayo 3, etc.) We could get another Mini Direct this month or in August, but I'm not holding my breath.

2017:
*January Presentation
*April Direct
*E3 Showcase
*September Direct

2018:
*Mini Direct (JAN)
*March Direct
*E3
[Fall Direct?]

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don’t think it’ll happen on a Sunday. Directs and Streams are always on weekdays.

Speaking of, we may not get a direct per se, but a surprise stream a la Robin’s trailer

Top Bottom