• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Diddy Costume/recovery change?

silverdahog53

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I'm sure we all know by now that almost every character has an alternate costume except a select few, INCLUDING Diddy. So here is an edit I made from a real downloadable costume from Brawl Vault by bizzozeron.

Its sloppy, but I figured this would be a pretty cool alternate since he doesn't really have a different "canonical" costume.
And here is the link to the photos of the actual costume on brawl vault: http://imgur.com/a/lKuu8
What do you guys think? What else would be a good fit?
---------------------------------
RECOVERY CHANGE QUESTION

Is it possible to make his hit box higher? I don't know why his hitbox while jetpacking is his shirt when his jetpacks/head should be hitting the opponent first. It makes him get poked out of any move, and with this change, at least it would trade. He has as much vertical as fox but if fully charged, and he falls while charging, making it all the more difficult to recover. Throw in the fact that literally any move will hit you before it hits your hitbox, your done. (ESPECIALLY if the character throwing out a hitbox has disjoints)

Just a small tweak that would IMO make Diddy less gimp fodder :/
Any reasons why this would be OP or bad? What do you guys think of this tweak?

Thanks for reading! :)

Bakasama

Smash Apprentice
Hey, that's my costume :p Make sure to credit me on the vault if you upload it. If anyone wants a link to the original, here it is: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207655

I also created the popular Goku - Fox and "Vegeta" - Falco skins, you can find those on my vault as well.

Edit: Hey steve where were you yesterday? We had our first PM tourney at the new venue man

Last edited:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Hanging out with friends who are temporarily back home from Colorado.

Might go to the next week one though, I need to get more friendlies in with the SG Kids.

silverdahog53

Smash Rookie
Hey, that's my costume :p Make sure to credit me on the vault if you upload it. If anyone wants a link to the original, here it is: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=207655

I also created the popular Goku - Fox and "Vegeta" - Falco skins, you can find those on my vault as well.

Edit: Hey steve where were you yesterday? We had our first PM tourney at the new venue man
----
Hey man, nice edit! I tried to make sure I credited you, hopefully that came off well!
Lets make street brawler Diddy happen!

Cuccu Maestro

Smash Cadet
Watching the 3.6 video it looks like diddy has his old up b height back (and fall distance while charging) , which if that's the case he is back to having a recovery that is almost never option less - he doesn't need his recovery to be able to musclee straight through edgeguards if he has one of the game's most versatile recoveries and can almost always just go around enemy edgeguards like 3.0

Last edited:
Top Bottom