• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW DEDEDE FOOTAGE (King Dedede and Luigi vs King Krool and captain falcon) Dedede takes first

icecooler

Smash Cadet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9wUSbhEMfQ
Looking at this video it seems that king dedede has more airspeed than in smash 4, mostly on the first kill on krool. I get most of getting there is due to his jumps (which also look better) but Krool was also moving away from the stage when dedede was coming up. The player El_Bardo has been seen playing mostly dedede so for good gameplay look him up.

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
i can't wait to see how he plays in ultimate! his aerial moves were already stellar, so this should be interesting!

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Oooh, this is nice. I somewhat wrong about his b-air in another thread. It’s kinda the same, but slightly different animation. Probably to better suit the hitbox, because I was so confused of it back in S4.

Gordo looks much faster, but I hope it doesn’t have a shorter duration.

Overall, Dedede looks the same, but I digress. Let’s see when the game comes out.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Gordo travels faster
Falling Nair confirms into uptilt, which confirms into fair
Bair launch angle is meaty
Up air can kill at 90 even on heavyweights close to the blast zone
Fair has less end lag
Nair is super fast with little end lag
His fast fall is wicked fast
Landing with Gordo is still an option
Very little landing lag on up air
Floating mixups are still an option
Less end lag on her hammer
Down tilt can still be used as an option out of certain attacks, better hitbox
Dair can kill opponents who sre onstage

Guys....we're looking at at least B tier Dedede

icecooler

Smash Cadet
Oooh, this is nice. I somewhat wrong about his b-air in another thread. It’s kinda the same, but slightly different animation. Probably to better suit the hitbox, because I was so confused of it back in S4.

Gordo looks much faster, but I hope it doesn’t have a shorter duration.

Overall, Dedede looks the same, but I digress. Let’s see when the game comes out.
i know for a fact that gordo stays out for about half a second longer, dont know anything else as pinpoint

icecooler

Smash Cadet
Gordo travels faster
Falling Nair confirms into uptilt, which confirms into fair
Bair launch angle is meaty
Up air can kill at 90 even on heavyweights close to the blast zone
Fair has less end lag
Nair is super fast with little end lag
His fast fall is wicked fast
Landing with Gordo is still an option
Very little landing lag on up air
Floating mixups are still an option
Less end lag on her hammer
Down tilt can still be used as an option out of certain attacks, better hitbox
Dair can kill opponents who sre onstage

Guys....we're looking at at least B tier Dedede
hey man i wrecked with G tier dedede in smash 4 im hype i was thinking the same sort of placement

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
i can't wait to see how he plays in ultimate! his aerial moves were already stellar, so this should be interesting!
Just curious, where did you find those fighter profiles for your signature? I've been looking everywhere to find the thread.

Top Bottom