• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Cutter-Dash Animation

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
This should be a relatively minor gripe, but unfortunately - I'm quite neurotic. Am I the only one that thinks it looks completely awful? It just looks like the sword is too heavy for him so he drags it, and even though the move is exactly the same speed it feels much slower now :/

To stop this from just being me whining about stuff. Does anyone know why it happened? Did they feel the need to make it more readable? Or did someone just decide to put another animation in?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I think it just looks different. Doesn't look as smooth, but yeah. Frame-wise its harder to react to technically.

Omadon

Internal Combustion Power
Am I right in thinking they just changed the window in which you get to hold B and a direction to change it to the horizontal version? The move still seems the same speed, if aesthetically reading as slower.

Come the next patch - if you guys (yeah you - Ambiguous PMDV creature) could opt for something a bit more frenetic. Kirby moves around a lot and the change of speed is quite jarring. No offence meant, genuinely. Am simply of the philosophy that if you don't ask, you don't get x

InevitableH

Smash Rookie
The window is exactly the same, it's just that long pause once the move executes that messes with Kirby's usually smooth "flow". They could probably fix this visually by making it look like Kirby is charging his sword a la Ike's sideSpecial rather than frozen in midair.

If I had to guess why they did this, it could be the same reason why they removed Tink's uncharged grounded upSpecial move distance in 3.5 because you could move quite far and fast, all why surrounded by hitboxes without much endlag. Now Tink has to charge the grounded upSpecial about halfway ( a pause) to get the same result so it is much more readable. This pause in Cutter Dash is probably to address the same issue.

Edit: Actually, it would be pretty interesting to see a chargeable Cutter Dash, where charging it for the current "pause's" time would send you the current distance and any more or less time would scale accordingly. That might also help with Kirby's current issue with mobility.

Last edited:
Top Bottom