• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New combo video: Starring Angel (aka UP+B)

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I'm gonna be brutally, painfully honest here: That was not a combo video. There were like 8 nice combo strings in that 9 minute video. Your opponents are so bland that everything borders on being staged. I don't remember if I saw even one opponent try to use Directional Influence to try to avoid your attacks.

With all the bad stuff already said, I'll say this: There were some funny parts in the video, like Pit flying into a Fire Jump Punch. There were even unintentionally funny parts like the "You can't get out of this!" line with Kirby. But most importantly, even though you have a lot to learn about Luigi and Advanced Techniques and so do your opponents, I'm proud that you took the time and effort to make a video about all the fun times you had with Luigi. The video won't win any awards if your purpose was to show off, but if your purpose was simply "for [funzies] and giggles" then you acheived your goal.

If you just play Brawl to have fun with your friends/family, then more power to you. People don't HAVE to be expert players t have fun with Brawl. But if you want to be better for the sake of making insane combo strings and impressive KOs, you have a long way to go. So I wouldn't call him the "Greatest Luigi in the Universe" just yet.

Anyway, thank you for the video. Even though I'm used to watching super elite Luigis, the video was still fun to watch.

EDIT: I just realized you aren't Angel AKA Up B. Some parts in my post where I say "you" I mean "Angel".

TreK

Is "that guy"
I did not actually found it fun.
Just insulting toward luigi mains.

kigbariom

Smash Lord
I'm going to go with no....
I mean at least get some enemies that fight, that was fully staged. Nobody has that poor reaction time, it's just not legit.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Bah, go easy on these guys. Effort was put into that video, even if some of it was or seemed staged (the Mario Cape FJP). Cut 'em some slack.

Cheesewulf

Smash Cadet
...the ****?
where are the combos? :< Shoryuken are no combo |3
Luigi is so ****ing not broken, Ike was just too stupid using his control stick to DI/use R for airdodge

and what the hell you don't use Shoryuken to rack up damage... not even on a resting Jiggz

this seems more to be a "Watch me play against noobs to make me look better"

SuperNofriendo

Smash Rookie
That was hilarious. I love when you shoryuken jiggl puff like 5 times in a row after she keeps resting and then you miss and you're like MIND GAMES BOY!

I wouldn't have reccomended that you called him the best luigi player in the universe because it makes it too obvious that it's a fake. Also you could have made your opponents air dodge like at least once or twice.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
There's no way that can be faked. Staged, maybe some parts; but not faked. It's just too unintentionally hilarious. There HAS to be friends in this universe that never played real "pros".

C'mon. Can't be faked... Can it?

TheMann

Smash Ace
lmao i'm loving this video. Stone Cold music in the background and everything. And for some reason when mario cape'd him from behind and he up + b'ed it had me laughing. I guess because it would be funny if someone had those kind of mind games XD.

orintemple

Smash Lord
This video was the best thing ever. Angel is the best Luigi player who ever lived.

This vid is not fake guys, geez. Everyone who thinks this is fake is a dumb poo poo face!

:):):)

Cheesewulf

Smash Cadet
This video was the best thing ever. Angel is the best Luigi player who ever lived.

This vid is not fake guys, geez. Everyone who thinks this is fake is a dumb poo poo face!

:):):)
please tell me this was ironic

no seriously, he would go down so fast if he fought better opponents...
Angel is FAR from being a good Luigi

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I am also utterly dumbstruck. I don't know who's joke posting and who's actually being serious. I must say, it's rather entertaining.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I smell a new fad. And the only way to stop it, is to recognize it and overuse it... poo poo face.
*dusts his hands*
That should do it.

GZeus

Smash Rookie
Well... It only shows us what we all probably know : The Up-B can be used right after a jab, a dodge and a power shield ( I mean efficiently here) . Of course, he currently has a lot of chance to have a Super Green-Missile. ;)

Top Bottom