• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Brawl Player, What Tech is This?

zen-bz-

I'm having a main identity crisis.
NNID
Valkauv
I'm relatively new to learning Brawl tech, so please excuse my noobyness. Also, if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move this to the appropriate place.

I was watching over Mr R's "Messiah" combo video and I noticed something strange. A lot of times it would seem like he would jump on top of a platform and land near instantly on it without landing lag. He would use this to reposition himself for strings and combos.

Here's a link to the combo video: head to 3:52 for an example.

Marth grab releases MK on the platform, who shields, and Mr R follows him onto it with little lag and heading the opposite direction he jumped. He uses this to grab him and convert it into a kill.

I'm reading over the known Brawl ATs and it doesn't seem like a platform cancel as the Smashville/BF platforms don't move vertically. Could anyone help me out here? It seems very useful and I'd like to learn it for my Marth.

Also, on an unrelated note, what other tech should I try to learn?

Top Bottom