• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New bowser combos

bushaheen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hamager
Hello bowser mains while messing around in training mode i discovered some bowser true combos that i want to share with you bowser mains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aViIXHq_R4s
This is the link to the video that covers the combos

I hope you enjoyed watching the video and im curious to see what you people think of the combos i discovered and maybe discuss how practical they are amd strategies to using them :)

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
These are amazing! Particularly the reverse fair stuff. I remember @KingKong_ad found some true fair combos in the neutral but the applicability seemed questionable. This seems strictly better than up throw bair or up throw nair since it does like 40%. It does require some DI read but a lot of times even nair does to get all 4 hits anyway.

I also remember one time hearing that @Zigsta performed a weak hit nair -> bowser bomb. I don't know if it's true or a frame trap or what, but something to consider.

bushaheen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hamager
These are amazing! Particularly the reverse fair stuff. I remember @KingKong_ad found some true fair combos in the neutral but the applicability seemed questionable. This seems strictly better than up throw bair or up throw nair since it does like 40%. It does require some DI read but a lot of times even nair does to get all 4 hits anyway.

I also remember one time hearing that @Zigsta performed a weak hit nair -> bowser bomb. I don't know if it's true or a frame trap or what, but something to consider.
Yea i really think the reverse fair into bair is very meta changing for bowser since the percents it can kill at are very early ESPECIALLY with rage but it will take alot of time for bowser mains to fully master the timeing for the combo since the inputs required are very precise so i think it will take some time to start seeing this combo being used regularly

About the weak nair into bowser bomb i remember finding out about it myself but i realized that it is easy to just roll out of it and the hitbox is very specific for the weak nair but ill make more teasting and update you if i find anything interesting about it

edit:i tested around with the weak nair into down b and all that i can tell you that its not a true combo but it works fine if your opponent dosent react fast it also is a true combo if you get to frame cancel the nair

Last edited:

K~G|Spacejam

Best data miner in Geelong. (Screw you KH)
Yea i really think the reverse fair into bair is very meta changing for bowser since the percents it can kill at are very early ESPECIALLY with rage but it will take alot of time for bowser mains to fully master the timeing for the combo since the inputs required are very precise so i think it will take some time to start seeing this combo being used regularly
gimme a week fam

kendikong

Smash Journeyman
Some of these seem like the timings are really strict to work, so I'd imagine if bowser had some rage, these wouldn't be true anymore. I wish there were some way to have a training mode mod with rage included

K~G|Spacejam

Best data miner in Geelong. (Screw you KH)
I'll have to lab it but I feel like these should still be true and that rage won't make too much of a difference.

Event43

Smash Rookie
Somewhere on planet Tellus, where? You tell us...
NNID
Event43
3DS FC
3625-8407-7440
Landing Nair, all 4 hits, last one is under Bowser, to Bowser Bomb deals quick 48%, getting them to kill % URFB (Uthrow, Reverse Fair Bair) on many characters. All 4 hits and last is under Bowser is very hard to hit with on smaller characters. 3 hit Nair to reverse late Fair to Fsmash is otherwise a very good 0 - death techchase. Landing Nair to Full hop Nair dealing 36% most of the time has the possibility of putting them at URFB % when you have high rage quickly, and they are at a disadvantage, making pivotgrabs easy. Although landing Nair is more of a hard punish than an approach tool.

Great job on finding URFB.

CreamyFatone

Smash Cadet
Can we get similar confirms off of the bottom hit of fair? Might change the way Bowser goes offstage.

bushaheen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hamager
Can we get similar confirms off of the bottom hit of fair? Might change the way Bowser goes offstage.
i remember while testing with the combo i will get the bottom reverse hit of fair and almost always it will true combo it bair even if the percents were too low so yeah but the only way to get it offstage is through a ultra hard read since you need to save your jump AND be moveing backwards AND actually get the right hit you want. your probably better going for bair anyways

CreamyFatone

Smash Cadet
i remember while testing with the combo i will get the bottom reverse hit of fair and almost always it will true combo it bair even if the percents were too low so yeah but the only way to get it offstage is through a ultra hard read since you need to save your jump AND be moveing backwards AND actually get the right hit you want. your probably better going for bair anyways
I actually like to RAR fall right in front of them threatening bair so that they airdodge into the bottom hit of fair. I think it might be worth experimenting with. Maybe a death 50/50 for offstage Bowser.

Last edited:

bushaheen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hamager
I actually like to RAR fall right in front of them threatening bair so that they airdodge into the bottom hit of fair. I think it might be worth experimenting with. Maybe a death 50/50 for offstage Bowser.
now that you mentioned it i may try to threaten them with bair and force them to airdodge and then go for reverse fair to bair it seems like a great idea

anas abou

Smash Journeyman
wow these are really good i wish i could lab percents and DIs but i'm on a road trip, i feel this honestly could define the new potential bowser meta, KuroganeHammer where you at lab this **** out this needs exposure.

edit nvm he tweeted about it.

Last edited:

Bigbomb2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bigbomb2
I'm straight garbage at the reverse fair one lmao. Nair on shield gets me punished hard so when's a good time to switch things up with these nair combos?

bushaheen

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hamager
I'm straight garbage at the reverse fair one lmao. Nair on shield gets me punished hard so when's a good time to switch things up with these nair combos?
just use side b instead of nair if they always shield when you are in the air or maybe use down b if you think you can break their shield. the best way to land the nair combos is to use it when landing and if you hit them you try to follow up

CreamyFatone

Smash Cadet
To anyone who plans on labbing this, check to see the viability of using the SHFF nair to cover the roll in like an option select.

Leg

Smash Cadet
NNID
SeduKtriss
So I've been labbing the first combo out and I have a bit of trouble executing the reverse fair. My go to is to hold opposite direction after placing up throw, and then jumping and fairing with the cstick (while still holding back) but it always ignores the fact that I'm holding back while I jump.

Any tips for on the execution? I'm using the vanilla control scheme with tap jump and all.

CreamyFatone

Smash Cadet
So I've been labbing the first combo out and I have a bit of trouble executing the reverse fair. My go to is to hold opposite direction after placing up throw, and then jumping and fairing with the cstick (while still holding back) but it always ignores the fact that I'm holding back while I jump.

Any tips for on the execution? I'm using the vanilla control scheme with tap jump and all.
You need to use tilt-stick. Go into your controls and switch the c-stick from Smash to Attack.

For some reason in this game when you do aerials with smash-stick, it ignores your directional inputs with the other stick. This doesn't happen with tilt-stick.

Big Sean

Smash Journeyman
If you want to use vanilla controls you can also do it without the c stick. It just takes some practice. I've been in the lab learning it and it's just a muscle memory thing. First practice doing a short hop fair with no movement. Do it like 10 times in a row. Now try to add movement. Obvious description is obvious but you'll see that you can actually do it with a fair (see what i did there?) amount of practice.

Top Bottom