• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Bandai Namco job listings for a Nintendo Project

Namco_Remake_Star_Fox_Assault_Please.jpg

Bandai Namco has posted three job listings - one for a Visual Artist, another for someone who can remake 3D backgrounds, and a planner. [Thanks, ResetEra]. All three Namco job listings mention that they are contracted by Nintendo to work on a Nintendo project. Each one mentions the same 3D action game. While the Planner and Visual Artist lend no hints as to what this project could be, the 3D background one mentions working on backgrounds to remaster for the project.

Beyond being a 3D action game, we have no idea what it could be. We do know that Bandai Namco has worked with Nintendo on many projects before including Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros. 3DS & Wii U, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and New Pokémon Snap.

Author's Note: Huh. Interesting. I'm used to seeing these job listings by now, but I don't have much of a clue as to what it could be. Guess we'll have to see. What are your thoughts? Let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Editing & Writing: Thirdkoopa Thirdkoopa
Thumbnail Graphic: @Zerp

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

perhaps it's a remaster of something NB helped make in the first place? like the original chibi-robo i can dream

Reactions: xzx
it’s says a Nintendo game
the devs (Monolith Soft) of Xenosaga were bought by Nintendo years ago and were originally affiliated with Bamco

but I'm aware it's little more than a pipe dream, at this point it seems like they'd rather focus on Xenoblade Chronicles and pretend that Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade X never existed

the devs (Monolith Soft) of Xenosaga were bought by Nintendo years ago and were originally affiliated with Bamco

but I'm aware it's little more than a pipe dream, at this point it seems like they'd rather focus on Xenoblade Chronicles and pretend that Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade X never existed
well in the case of gears and saga it’s cause they’re owned by other companies. One by SE and the other by NB I think. And this was the case before Nintendo bought monolith

Last edited:
well in the case of gears and saga it’s cause they’re owned by other companies. One by SE and the other by NB I think. And this was the case before Nintendo bought monolith
I think you’re right. If I have my information correct than Xenogears is owned by Square Enix and Xenosaga is owned by Namco.

Now this could still be a Xenosaga Trilogy remake. A Namco owned franchise getting a game that’s Switch exclusive because Nintendo assisted with development sounds very much possible to me. But I would still doubt that this is a remake of that trilogy.

EDIT: I forgot that these listings mention a Nintendo Project. So never mind. Definitely not Xenosaga.

Last edited:
The Timing and Genre cancels a smash 6 out maybe the 3d Smashes would be Spinoffs!
Similar to how 2d and 3d Games often Coexist!

Top Bottom