• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(new?) B-reversing tech and its applications

imaneutrino

Smash Rookie
Indirect character buffs with this tech?

Having watched My Smash Corners new video where he shows the development of the attack cancelling tech, I can't help but think how useful this tech is for numerous characters that are in mid tier (bear in mind I'm just talking about the general consensus of the characters that aren't top tier). Those of you who haven't seen the video, he shows how you can use the tilt-stick for specials. The way its used allows for instant b-reverses (or wavebounces), which will increase the usefulness of specials for many characters. For example; ZSS, Isabelle, Villager, Lucario, KRool, DK, Robin, MewTwo, Snake, Belmonts etc.

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=196&v=3gbZJn8CHMk

There are lots of characters with very strong specials. But those specials aren't given too much use, because of how hard it can be to use them without getting punished. So with this new tech specials should start becoming significantly better as a spacing tool. I think this tech seriously buffs most lower than top tier characters allowing them to compete against the higher tier ones. I for one don't believe tier lists should be respected like law. And that tier lists in the first place shouldn't stop anyone from considering playing some certain character if they have lower placement. But if a player wanted to play a lower tier character and were to use this tech, they would perform significantly better than without it. So this tech should be encouraging for a lot of players.

Top Bottom